This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I hear ya about being honored to play the game and all but look at Eli. Eli is everything that is right for this league. I believe Archie simply made sure Eli didn't get stuck in a bad place like he did.
    something every father would try to do for their child

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      something every father would try to do for their child
      Very true.

So while I get it - as in I thoroughly enjoyed watching John Elway getting welcomed to the NFL by every defense in the league his rookie year. I can also appreciate the other side.

I'm not one of these guys that has an issue with the Manning's being royalty or whatever. I like them. They are good people as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• I just didn't see it as arrogant.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
          How many Chargers games have you watched to make that determination? If you have seen as many as I have thanks to NFL ticket and my specific choice to watch almost as many Chargers games as Giants games (for the very reason of comparing both QB's throughout their careers which adheres to your own advice from earlier in this thread to make our own judgements) you'd think twice about that observation.
          I have Sunday ticket as well and he was my FF QB in 2011. (I traded him at the deadline and ended up with Stafford which was brilliant BTW)
          I've seen a heck of a lot of Phil Rivers over the years.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Very true.

So while I get it - as in I thoroughly enjoyed watching John Elway getting welcomed to the NFL by every defense in the league his rookie year. I can also appreciate the other side.

I'm not one of these guys that has an issue with the Manning's being royalty or whatever. I like them. They are good people as far as I'm concerned.
            I don't see that as helping. Helping is teaching you kid to do the right thing and appreciate the opportunity that most everyone would love to have.
            That's me though.

And I think they are good people as well. I just didn't like this behavior.
            Last edited by Morehead State; 06-19-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Very true.

I'm with ya

Comment

Yes the Manning's told SD that Eli would sit out the year and re-enter the '05 draft if SD took him.
                Again, that's demanding and, SOME might say, greedy
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  I have Sunday ticket as well and he was my FF QB in 2011. (I traded him at the deadline and ended up with Stafford which was brilliant BTW)
                  I've seen a heck of a lot of Phil Rivers over the years.
                  Well I guess we see things differently then. What else is new lol.
                  Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

• Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                    Well I guess we see things differently then. What else is new lol.
                    Lets not pretend we don't remember left handed passes into triple coverage and tosses into the hands of D linemen as he was falling to the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      His PARENTS were demanding. Eli to me was not.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        His PARENTS were demanding. Eli to me was not.

LOL Eli has no mind of his own? Mom and Dad are to blame?
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I don't see it as greed. I see it as trying to get with the team he desired the most, instead of being happy to be drafted by an NFL team in round 1.

Comment

LOL Eli has no mind of his own? Mom and Dad are to blame?
                            I will say this in his defense...When you're 21, you are still a kid. He gets a bit of a pass from me. I tend to blame Archie more than Eli.

Comment

I will say this in his defense...When you're 21, you are still a kid. He gets a bit of a pass from me. I tend to blame Archie more than Eli.
                              Jeez, please spare me. You make him sound like a wuss

Comment

I don't see it as greed. I see it as trying to get with the team he desired the most, instead of being happy to be drafted by an NFL team in round 1.
                                Money had no bearing on this decision? Off field endorsements? Limelight?

Comment

Working...
                                X