This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    after year 3 i knew he was pretty good QB. i still thought we over paid and made a poor deal draft pick wise. however it did pay off so i was wrong. Eli is a strange QB he runs hot and cold. but as i said i may have taken his production at QB for granted. (mainly because I find myself putting him down and mentioning his short comings to the Eli crowd)
    I still think Rivers is a better QB if you don't factor in his fumbling problem.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Experts nor fans are always right. I just think it's funny that one expert has an agenda, one NOT associated with the Giants.
      well rudy morehead is correct Simms doesnt have an anti E agenda. no matter what some will say (not talking about u) no one will convince me that they know more about the subject than Simms or Warner. both great QB's with SB wins and both played the same position and for the Giants at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
        I still think Rivers is a better QB if you don't factor in his fumbling problem.
        But you have to factor it.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Experts nor fans are always right. I just think it's funny that one expert has an agenda, one NOT associated with the Giants.
          Everyone has some agenda. No one is completely objective.

So..as I said....I prefer to go by what I see on the field, and not wait for some "expert" to tell me what I should think.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

well rudy morehead is correct Simms doesnt have an anti E agenda. no matter what some will say (not talking about u) no one will convince me that they know more about the subject than Simms or Warner. both great QB's with SB wins and both played the same position and for the Giants at one time.
            But why does Montana's opinion get thrown away? Because he never played for the Giants? That's kinda absurd. Is it because you disagree with his opinion, and therefore it's invalid?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Everyone has some agenda. No one is completely objective.So..as I said....I prefer to go by what I see on the field, and not wait for some "expert" to tell me what I should think.
              That's fine. I'm not questioning that.

Comment

But why does Montana's opinion get thrown away? Because he never played for the Giants? That's kinda absurd. Is it because you disagree with his opinion, and therefore it's invalid?
                no i agree it does carry more weight than a regular schmo, no doubt. However he is madder than a mexicans dog.

Comment

Well Kurt Warner disagrees with Montana. So which player should we mindlessly agree with?

How about watching the games and drawing your own conclusions?

Lets try that Rudy.

Comment

But you have to factor it.
                    Also Rivers' spotty post-season play at best has to be factored in. Let us also not forget that there were several years that Rivers had better play-calling, superior talent around him at Running Back, Offensive Line, overall defense and even at the receiving skill positions. Rivers at times has had more to work with than Eli not to mention better weather conditions as well yet he rarely has outperformed Eli over the years.
                    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Well Kurt Warner disagrees with Montana. So which player should we mindlessly agree with?

Lets try that Rudy.
                      you and rudy are going to be a trip arguing on the ff message board lol
                      sigpic
                      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Lets try that Rudy.
                        whoa Rudy

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                          Imagine it when we see each other at the Eagles game.

Don't worry. Rudy and Morehead are tight.

Comment

Well Kurt Warner disagrees with Montana. So which player should we mindlessly agree with?How about watching the games and drawing your own conclusions? Lets try that Rudy.
                            Again, I'm not saying you should agree with Montana or whoever. I was just saying, from that "Phil Simms doesn't think Eli is elite" thread, you, Harooni, and others were blasting people who said Phil had an agenda. And yoir responses were "he was an NFL QB for the Giants, he has more credibility" yadda yadda. But when someone ELSE has a DIFFERENT opinion, we should now all of a sudden watch the games for ourselves and have our own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                              Hahaha nah, Morehead and I are friendsies.

Comment

no i agree it does carry more weight than a regular schmo, no doubt. However he is madder than a mexicans dog.
                                And Kurt Warner and Phil Simms are more sane based on what? Your extensive phychiatric analysis of athletes? Post up a picture of your PHD designation in psychology and get back to me. By the way any picture showing PHD that you post I will disregard anyway so don't bother taking me seriously.
                                Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Working...
                                X