This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Again, I'm not saying you should agree with Montana or whoever. I was just saying, from that "Phil Simms doesn't think Eli is elite" thread, you, Harooni, and others were blasting people who said Phil had an agenda. And yoir responses were "he was an NFL QB for the Giants, he has more credibility" yadda yadda. But when someone ELSE has a DIFFERENT opinion, we should now all of a sudden watch the games for ourselves and have our own opinion.
    I never said or even suggested that since Phil believes something, we should.
    Go find it Rudy. But I'll tell you that it never happened.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Hahaha nah, Morehead and I are friendsies.
      yeah morehead is cool
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I never said or even suggested that since Phil believes something, we should.
        Go find it Rudy. But I'll tell you that it never happened.
        challange
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Warner has sour grapes with the Giants/Eli since they kicked him to the curb mid-season.

Comment

I never said or even suggested that since Phil believes something, we should.Go find it Rudy. But I'll tell you that it never happened.
            No no, what I'm saying is you made it seem like Phil knows more than the fans, I would take his opinion of Eli or whoever over anyone elses.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Imagine it when we see each other at the Eagles game.

Don't worry. Rudy and Morehead are tight.
              everyone loves dancing with morehead its fun
              sigpic
              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

But you have to factor it.
                Yeah you do and turnovers are the worst kind of problem to have.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I would honestly say Montana's opinion is just as good as Warners or Simms. yet they disagree. So that says in a nutshell its just a matter of how you look at it. Eli is on that fence you could go either way really.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    after year 3 i knew he was pretty good QB. i still thought we over paid and made a poor deal draft pick wise. however it did pay off so i was wrong. Eli is a strange QB he runs hot and cold. but as i said i may have taken his production at QB for granted. (mainly because I find myself putting him down and mentioning his short comings to the Eli crowd)
                    We've been telling you this stuff for years now......why a moment of clarity now???
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

No no, what I'm saying is you made it seem like Phil knows more than the fans, I would take his opinion of Eli or whoever over anyone elses.
                      Phil knows more about football than fans. But Phil's opinion on how good one QB is vs. another is just that...an opinion.
                      I actually remember pointing out in that thread at that Phil didn't think Ben was going to be much in the pros when he was coming out of Miami.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        We've been telling you this stuff for years now......why a moment of clarity now???
                        well i was thinking about QB's around the NFL age wise and injuries and ability wise. And i sort of found myself thinking glad we have Eli. i shocked myself. lol

Comment

Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
                          Also Rivers' spotty post-season play at best has to be factored in. Let us also not forget that there were several years that Rivers had better play-calling, superior talent around him at Running Back, Offensive Line, overall defense and even at the receiving skill positions. Rivers at times has had more to work with than Eli not to mention better weather conditions as well yet he rarely has outperformed Eli over the years.
                          Eli is definitely more clutch. They both have had above average talent around them. I'm sorry I can't list weather as an advantage. This is football, man up.

Rivers has never had a better Oline than Eli to my recollection, certainly not last year. Dude he outperformed Eli almost always. Lower picks higher completion percentage. more consistent accuracy on his throws etc. etc., but the fumbling problem and the clutch factor are HUGE! Enough to knock him below Eli.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Eli is no Steve Young but he's a proven winner. A two super bowl mvp. Get off his back.
                            sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

I never said or even suggested that since Phil believes something, we should. Go find it Rudy. But I'll tell you that it never happened.
                              can I ban you if she does?
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

what ever you think of Eli I always have hope that they will come back in a game that they are down in. That alone shows what kind of QB he is for the NYG...at least to me.....
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X