This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    Brees...Peyton....your Boy Joe Willy......Simms..... all great to yuo with one SB win.....
    I understand what you are saying but the bottom line out weights the inconsistency
    Its not a matter of one outweighing the other. I am actually very happy in general with my QB. But he still drives me nuts with the up and down thing.
    Using the word "inconsistent" isn't really accurate. Its more Jekyll and Hyde. Its "which Eli is going to show up today?".

And Eli is the QB of my team...so he is much more "my boy' Than any Jets QB could ever be.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Its not a matter of one outweighing the other. I am actually very happy in general with my QB. But he still drives me nuts with the up and down thing.
      Using the word "inconsistent" isn't really accurate. Its more Jekyll and Hyde. Its "which Eli is going to show up today?".

And Eli is the QB of my team...so he is much more "my boy' Than any Jets QB could ever be.
      sometimes his inconsistency can be from half to half....how many times has he looked like a poor high school Qb in the first half and then led a 4th quarter comeback?
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
        sometimes his inconsistency can be from half to half....how many times has he looked like a poor high school Qb in the first half and then led a 4th quarter comeback?
        i.e the Rams game from last year. I think it was game 2.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Like Tampa last year.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
            i.e the Rams game from last year. I think it was game 2.
            Every one loves to point out Eli's clutch games.... I am not arguing....but about half of those games... a comeback wouldn't have been needed If he had just been adequate in the first half
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Every one loves to point out Eli's clutch games.... I am not arguing....but about half of those games... a comeback wouldn't have been needed If he had just been adequate in the first half
              Look at the Washington game at home last year. He played very poorly in that game but Cruz beat his man and all is forgiven. Some of his decisions in that game were friggin head scratchers.

Comment

I do look at the results. I see great play and horrific play in the same guy. We won 2 SB's and that's a great result. But its not the only story with Eli. It is usually different with other QB's, because those who win multiple SB's are usually great all the time.
                Its just not the case with Eli. So much up and down.
                This is why, even experts can't agree on Eli.
                Whens the last time hes been "horrific"? When you say that, I think of Mark Sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                  Well...if compared to you I might be thought of as normal. I don't live here and have over 30K posts...so I don't know whether that makes me normal or abnormal. This is something I usually only do in the morning, and then I go shower, and then go live the rest of the day off the board. What about you?
                  he technically does it while getting paid...

advantage moorehead
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

There are very few if any NFL QB's who have had as much consistency in his system and coaching staff.
                    He's had the same HC for his entire career and the same OC for almost his entire career.
                    Try being Alex Smith who is now playing in his 5th or so system.
                    So that game was all on Eli ?

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                      I still think Rivers is a better QB if you don't factor in his fumbling problem.
                      Rivers? lol

Rivers blows

Comment

• Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                        you and rudy are going to be a trip arguing on the ff message board lol
                        I can't wait for THEE game

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          Brees...Peyton....your Boy Joe Willy......Simms..... all great to yuo with one SB win.....
                          I understand what you are saying but the bottom line out weights the inconsistency
                          sure there are Qb's with more consistency...But two great SB runs along with more than just a few great games is pretty damn good...and he's not done ...Players all have their knocks... we all know Eli can be inconsistent at times..for me the times he has played great far out weigh his inconsistent play.....honing in on it is just to negative for me...I am argeeing with you GT its just to bad it has to be put in such terms...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            Again, I'm not saying you should agree with Montana or whoever. I was just saying, from that "Phil Simms doesn't think Eli is elite" thread, you, Harooni, and others were blasting people who said Phil had an agenda. And yoir responses were "he was an NFL QB for the Giants, he has more credibility" yadda yadda. But when someone ELSE has a DIFFERENT opinion, we should now all of a sudden watch the games for ourselves and have our own opinion.
                            lol, GOT EMMMMM

I love how everything comes back to Phil

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                              Yeah you do and turnovers are the worst kind of problem to have.
                              besides the obvious top 5, i'd take Flacco, Dalton, Luck, Romo, Vick, Cutler, Stafford, RG3, Ryan, Cam, Kaepernick, and Wilson all over Rivers going into this year

forgot Ben

I'd say borderline about Vick and Romo... but I would solidly take every other guy over him.
                              Last edited by MattMeyerBud; 06-19-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• um.. Joe montana, an obvious football great had bad games too. Seems like no matter what, some people are born to complain, ***** and fuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X