No announcement yet.

Giants' Roster Breakdown: James Brewer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point in his career, I think he is more likely to make the roster as a guard then a tackle. Last preseason he did look like he had serious balance issues. Who knows, maybe he will pull a Corey Webster and turn into a good player in his 3rd year.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
      At this point in his career, I think he is more likely to make the roster as a guard then a tackle. Last preseason he did look like he had serious balance issues. Who knows, maybe he will pull a Corey Webster and turn into a good player in his 3rd year.
      Like you, I hope so but offesnsive linemen with balance issues who tip over like cows are not likely to help us.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        Like you, I hope so but offesnsive linemen with balance issues who tip over like cows are not likely to help us.
        I agree. He hasn't shown much promise, especially at tackle. I think they will take a look at him at guard and if they don't like what they see he will find himself unemployed soon. From what I saw he did not have the proper balance and footwork for tackle. 1 thing correctly stated in this article is there are roster spots. We have holes in our guard depth, as well as 2 guards who likely wont be with the team in a year or 2.
        Last edited by BlueSanta; 06-20-2013, 06:10 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          I agree. He hasn't shown much promise, especially at tackle. I think they will take a look at him at guard and if they don't like what they see he will find himself unemployed soon. From what I saw he did not have the proper balance and footwork for tackle. 1 thing correctly stated in this article is there are roster spots. We have holes in our guard depth, as well as 2 guards who likely wont be with the team in a year or 2.
          Yes, I think that the G position will accomodate more of a straight ahead power player because you generally play in a tighter box than a T. I wonder what happens when you are pulling and someone shoves your pads and you fall down like a sack of potatos? That is what training camp is all about..........to sort this stuff out.

Comment

The problem is that he isn't a power player. He isn't strong at all. You see it in his technique in that he uses his size to lean into his defender hoping to wall him off instead of actually trying to hold or push him back. I understand he was a project lineman, but his technique looks as if it had not improved since college.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
              The problem is that he isn't a power player. He isn't strong at all. You see it in his technique in that he uses his size to lean into his defender hoping to wall him off instead of actually trying to hold or push him back. I understand he was a project lineman, but his technique looks as if it had not improved since college.
              Pull down the shade.

Comment

Working...
              X