Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Roster Breakdown: James Brewer

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/6/19...n-james-brewer

Excerpt: "Offensive lineman James Brewer is part of the three-headed competition for the right tackle job with the New York Giants.SHARE (1)

We continue our breakdown of the 90-man roster the New York Giants will bring to training camp with a look at a player we focused on a bit during mini-camp, third-year offensive lineman James Brewer.

2012 Season In Review

Brewer saw his first regular-season action in 2012, albeit limited. He played 34 snaps at right tackle or right guard in five games. The 2011 fourth-round pick was exclusively a tackle in college at Indiana, but has added the ability to play guard to his resume.

[Brewer knows there is 'a spot to be won']" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Sounds like he sucks. Coaches usually find a way to make the glass half full and if all they can say is he has good days and then has bad days then I'm worried about him.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I have no faith in him..

Comment

He will not beat out Diehl or Pugh.

Comment

Yet another Message board punching bag, this guy did fine when he was in the games last year.

Comment

No he didn't. His technique hasn't improved at all since being here.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
              Sounds like he sucks. Coaches usually find a way to make the glass half full and if all they can say is he has good days and then has bad days then I'm worried about him.
              Agreed, at this stage of his career "good days and bad days" means no good days.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                Agreed, at this stage of his career "good days and bad days" means no good days.
                Adding to that. Only 34 snaps. The coaches saw problems they weren't comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue wins View Post
                  Adding to that. Only 34 snaps. The coaches saw problems they weren't comfortable with.
                  I saw a problem when he played T last preseason . . . he stinks

Comment

6 foot 6 and 330....damn bro.....get your big *** in gear and **** someone up......
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      6 foot 6 and 330....damn bro.....get your big *** in gear and **** someone up......
                      yea, he sure does look the part..

Comment

I hope he's improved from 2012.

When Locklear went down, they decided to go with David Diehl, playing on an injured MCL, rather than go with Brewer.

At 6-6 and 330, maybe it was an issue of getting his technique down.....maybe he was just not yet ready for the pro game as a rookie.
                        Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 06-20-2013, 04:07 PM.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          This will be his third year, what do u mean at this point in his career?? Everyone always says wait till the 3rd years to judge a draft pick, and u are one of the guys on this board who say that

Comment

He'll get plenty of chances in preseason to win us over. And if he isn't up to snuff, he won't be on the roster come late August.
                            Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                              This will be his third year, what do u mean at this point in his career?? Everyone always says wait till the 3rd years to judge a draft pick, and u are one of the guys on this board who say that
                              What I mean is that 3 years is too long to have ups and downs in coach speak. They use that with rookies that they are trying to cover. By year 3 "ups and downs" means not so good.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X