Ernie's scouting report on Eli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    BEN'S OLINE has been horrible for years, he would have had much better protection here. i dream about what could have been in ben to tiki in the flat with n ice accurate touch passes and ben scrambling to buy time. im pretty sure we would have had a SB appearance at least from 2004-06
    Ben plays a large part in that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
      So...there's this guy Harooni....

.....who is a long time Giants fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
        .....who is a long time Giants fan.
        and has a huge man crush on Ben.
        eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

• Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
          and has a huge man crush on Ben.
          There's plenty to like about Ben's game. He's one of the better QB's in the game today, and one that EA was high on.

What's the problem?

Comment

There's plenty to like about Ben's game. He's one of the better QB's in the game today, and one that EA was high on.

What's the problem?
            Wow...I was just joking about your statement that there would be no Ben lover's, but whatever...lets do this.

Are you actually saying that it's OK to have a man crush on Ben because he's one of the better QB's in the game but it's a crime against humanity to have a man crush on Eli, one of the better QB's in the game?

It's that kind of solid, well laid out thinking that makes your Eli posts a treat to read
            eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

I admit now that I wish we had signed Big Ben. Not because he's better than Eli which is arguable, but just so we didn't have to deal with his groupies.
              There it is. These Eli debates have now reached the height of ridiculousness.
              Last edited by TCHOF; 06-24-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Lol mini Ben has done nothing without a top 5 defense. What makes anyone believe he can come here as a QB from 2004-2006 and make a SB appearance. LOL.

Comment

Last edited by EliDaMANning; 06-24-2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

What's the problem?
                    my theory was back then that Ben was more NFL ready than Eli. he played in rougher weather than Eli in college and of course he is much Larger then Eli. Ben also came at a much cheaper price through out as a rookie he was avg 1/8 the cost of eli and we would have kept our draft picks and maybe traded out of #4 and still got him later. now remember just how deep that 2004 draft was, probably as deep as any draft in my lifetime.

now of course this was my thinking back then, it was not because i didn't like Eli it was that Ben to me fit better. But EA did prove that Eli had this certain magic for lack of a better word. though fans act as if Eli didnt give us reason for pause his first 3 years or so.

now i have gotten so used to Eli and i feel a sort of comfort knowing what an Eli will give you.

Comment

now i have gotten so used to Eli and i feel a sort of comfort knowing what an Eli will give you.
                      I get comfort just from seeing him on the field. The Giants have been extremely lucky with his health.

Comment

my theory was back then that Ben was more NFL ready than Eli. he played in rougher weather than Eli in college and of course he is much Larger then Eli. Ben also came at a much cheaper price through out as a rookie he was avg 1/8 the cost of eli and we would have kept our draft picks and maybe traded out of #4 and still got him later. now remember just how deep that 2004 draft was, probably as deep as any draft in my lifetime.

now of course this was my thinking back then, it was not because i didn't like Eli it was that Ben to me fit better. But EA did prove that Eli had this certain magic for lack of a better word. though fans act as if Eli didnt give us reason for pause his first 3 years or so.

So back in 2004 when we acquired Eli, you were against the move because you wanted Ben? I call bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          So back in 2004 when we acquired Eli, you were against the move because you wanted Ben? I call bull****.
                          Why? A lot of people felt the same way.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Eli is the QB here and that's a good thing but Ben is a good QB as well. What if they did draft him instead of Eli? What would they have drafted with the picks they gave up? Eh, does it matter? I happened and Eli had been great for the Giants. Ben would not have been a bad pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Why? A lot of people felt the same way.
                              Sure they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                Sure they did.
                                I think you might be "misremembering" what the discussion was back at draft time.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X