No announcement yet.

Ernie's scouting report on Eli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This article is insane! I cannot believe how precise this guy was with his scouting! He is describing Eli like if he had traveled to the future and came back.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
      This article is insane! I cannot believe how precise this guy was with his scouting! He is describing Eli like if he had traveled to the future and came back.
      That's what the point of thread. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
        I know. I'm highlighting that point.
        It's pretty amazing!

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

HE WAS JUST GIVING HIS INSIGHT. GEEZ ROSIE GIVE HIM A BREAK.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            HE WAS JUST GIVING HIS INSIGHT. GEEZ ROSIE GIVE HIM A BREAK.
            I know that, and that was my way of giving him props for staying on topic instead of turning the thread into typical Elibabble.

I guess I didn't make myself very clear.

Comment

I know that, and that was my way of giving him props for staying on topic instead of turning the thread into typical Elibabble.

Well, Thank you.

But!!!!! DOES THIS MAKE ELI ELITE!?!??! ahhaha jk....

** I hope no one takes this ridiculous bait**

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                Well, Thank you.

But!!!!! DOES THIS MAKE ELI ELITE!?!??! ahhaha jk....

** I hope no one takes this ridiculous bait**
                Oh, they most certainly will. ;-)

Comment

I was just giving you a hard time.

Usually when I type in all caps, I'm messing around.

SORRY.

Comment

I was just giving you a hard time.

Usually when I type in all caps, I'm messing around.

SORRY.
                    :-)

Comment

Everything seems dumb after a few pages.

Comment

Originally posted by njsean View Post
                        Everything seems dumb after a few pages.
                        Thanks for adding an extra dose of dumb!

Comment

Thanks for adding an extra dose of dumb!
                          Apologies. No filter between the mind and the fingers at that exact moment.

Comment

I think Eli is more clutch then Peyton but not a better QB then Peyton, if that makes sense. I feel the same way about Eli when I compare him to Romo.

I brought this up because Ernie thought he had a chance to be better than Peyton.

I disagree with the just let him play thinking. I think part of the advantage of the Mannings is they make great decisions. I feel very comfortable with Eli having the power to call and change plays at the line. It truly is his offense now.
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Foundations need to be solid or they won't stand the test of time.

While the Giants have made a solid investment in him, and I believe he's a "solid" individual, I wouldn't describe his game that way after watching 2012.

He's delivered the goods no doubt, but there's something about his game that isn't exactly "reassuring". Maybe that's more about the mentality of a long time Giants fan than him, I don't know...
                              I've never fully embraced the concept of a foundational player; specifically team sports. Of course, there's influential, instrumental, and talented players, but not foundational. Players do not exist in isolation, there's no center, there's no foundation, there's no reason to privilege any one position of another's because they need each other. Some positions are more important in different situations but that is fluid too. Foundation begins to emerge in the spaces between players, foundation is something practiced and shared between 11 guys, or 22 guys, or 53 guys. Team is the foundation
                              , the players are the bricks. A foundation is stronger because the bricks are assembled well, not because one bears more of a load than another's.
                              One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
                              -Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by NYGinIN666 View Post
                                I've never fully embraced the concept of a foundational player; specifically team sports. Of course, there's influential, instrumental, and talented players, but not foundational. Players do not exist in isolation, there's no center, there's no foundation, there's no reason to privilege any one position of another's because they need each other. Some positions are more important in different situations but that is fluid too. Foundation begins to emerge in the spaces between players, foundation is something practiced and shared between 11 guys, or 22 guys, or 53 guys. Team is the foundation
                                , the players are the bricks. A foundation is stronger because the bricks are assembled well, not because one bears more of a load than another's.
                                Nice
                                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X