Thoughts on our TE situation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Well I said a bit of an upgrade but we won't know until we see Myers in action for us. I know that Bennet was a better blocker but believe that Myers could eclipse him as a receiver. Didn't we get Myers for less than the market paid Bennett? If so, it was definitely a win for us, leaving some bucks to be spent elsewhere.
    I feel like Bennett tended to drop balls in big situation ...or at least disappeared...as Opposed to the way Ballard always seemed to make a big catch......numbers wise they were pretty even....it just seemed like Ballards meant more...... I think Myers numbers will end up being very similar to his 2 predecessors because that just seems to be how the tight ends fits into Gilbride's system
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      I thought Bennett was a better receiver, and a far far better blocker
      i agree and still feel that way. do u have a link for that clip with myers receptions? could u tell me off ur head if he had any receptions of 20 yds or more (where the ball traveled 20 yds or more) i think i read that of all his 80 plus catches, none were for more thna 20 yds in the air

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
        I feel like Bennett tended to drop balls in big situation ...or at least disappeared...as Opposed to the way Ballard always seemed to make a big catch......numbers wise they were pretty even....it just seemed like Ballards meant more...... I think Myers numbers will end up being very similar to his 2 predecessors because that just seems to be how the tight ends fits into Gilbride's system
        well dont forget, bennett set a giant record for tds in his first 3 games as a giant. he was killing it until he hyper extended that knee. he had that span where he was still contributing but just not at that pace for the first 3 games. i feel he ended up having a solid yr and woulda had a crazy 2nd yr. what can ya do...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          i agree and still feel that way. do u have a link for that clip with myers receptions? could u tell me off ur head if he had any receptions of 20 yds or more (where the ball traveled 20 yds or more) i think i read that of all his 80 plus catches, none were for more thna 20 yds in the air
          http://youtu.be/VkIk0or9Fzk

I don't think there were any 20+ yard catches. But that's a scheme thing too. He really doesn't run deep at all. Just crossing routes over the middle about 5-10 yards deep

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            well dont forget, bennett set a giant record for tds in his first 3 games as a giant. he was killing it until he hyper extended that knee. he had that span where he was still contributing but just not at that pace for the first 3 games. i feel he ended up having a solid yr and woulda had a crazy 2nd yr. what can ya do...
            I agree he defiantly contributed ...it just never seemed like it was in big spots in the game....I am not going by stats just by what my eyes were telling me..
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by NYG12589 View Post
              Thanks for your input everyone. As for the Pats maybe they should put Tebow at the TE position now lol

Tebow is cheating himself of a chance to be a respected, successful position player with his stubborn refusal to consider a switch from QB!
              He comes off as a bit of a hypocrite for allowing his pride to lead him down a dead end street as an NFL QB.
              Having a closed mind to change for the better is not a very christian attitude!
              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                http://youtu.be/VkIk0or9Fzk

I don't think there were any 20+ yard catches. But that's a scheme thing too. He really doesn't run deep at all. Just crossing routes over the middle about 5-10 yards deep
                yeah i imagine we try to use him in the mold of a Witten type TE. Im not saying we wont target him vertically but I just dunno how much to expect we see of that. i expect he'll be a checkdown option a ton of routes

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                  Tebow is cheating himself of a chance to be a respected, successful position player with his stubborn refusal to consider a switch from QB!
                  He comes off as a bit of a hypocrite for allowing his pride to lead him down a dead end street as an NFL QB.
                  Strangest post of the week.

Comment

I see Tebow as a RB or TE. Maybe QB if he went to the right team MAYBE... now that we are on the Tebow subject lol...
                    ALL IN! NYG

Comment

Myers and Robinson are pretty solid dude. I don't think there is anything to worry about....

As for the Pats... hahahaha but seriously, dang! what if Hernandez actually killed that dude!

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Okay dudette lol...

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hernandez has to be the dumbest thing going to do **** like that.... Brady's comfort and familiarity slowly withering away (NO Gronk, Hern., or Welker)
                        ALL IN! NYG

Comment

Okay dudette lol...

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hernandez has to be the dumbest thing going to do **** like that.... Brady's comfort and familiarity slowly withering away (NO Gronk, Hern., or Welker)
                          Who do the pats have as WR?

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Not sure where you are going with this........................................?
                            ALL IN! NYG

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              Whoever said Christians were open minded? LOL!

Comment

Okay dudette lol...

They execute well on and off the field

(stole that joke)
                                "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Working...
                                X