Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Who do the pats have as WR?
    Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman. Rookie, Aaron Dobson, too, but who knows how long it'll take him to get up to speed.

Brady's been fine with even less, so I wouldn't worry about him. That defense on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by timmytimm3 View Post
      They execute well on and off the field

(stole that joke)
      lmao nice
      ALL IN! NYG

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman. Rookie, Aaron Dobson, too, but who knows how long it'll take him to get up to speed.

Brady's been fine with even less, so I wouldn't worry about him. That defense on the other hand...
        If I were Brady I would be livid about that group of WR's . . . one of the worst in the league.

Comment

well, Shockey was a go to guy for us at TE for some time. If we could feasibly be a terror because if we have a TE that breaks out, that'll play hell on opposing LB'ers and basically mess up their coverages. If we could get another shockey type without all the baggage and drama..

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            If I were Brady I would be livid about that group of WR's . . . one of the worst in the league.
            The offense runs through their TEs. For Brady crappy WRs is the status quo with the Pats.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
              The offense runs through their TEs. For Brady crappy WRs is the status quo with the Pats.
              I get that, but the problem will now be eccentuated given that his top 2 TE's could be out for a while,

Comment

Brandon Myers is going to be a beast.
                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

I get that, but the problem will now be eccentuated given that his top 2 TE's could be out for a while,
                  ballard could end up being huge for them. plus, wouldnt shock me if hernandez missed minimal time providing it was just obstruction ofjustice and he wasnt involved in any murder. bc iirc this would be his first offense under the nfl league conduct rules. goodell has the power to levy whatever he thinks is apt, but dont forget how N.O. was able to get his sentence overturned.

it def is looking bleak for NE right now, and as much as i hate to admit it, i still bet they get if figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    ballard could end up being huge for them. plus, wouldnt shock me if hernandez missed minimal time providing it was just obstruction ofjustice and he wasnt involved in any murder. bc iirc this would be his first offense under the nfl league conduct rules. goodell has the power to levy whatever he thinks is apt, but dont forget how N.O. was able to get his sentence overturned.

it def is looking bleak for NE right now, and as much as i hate to admit it, i still bet they get if figured out.
                    I'm not convinced Ballard is that great. Boss wasn't that good but had good production in our system, as is true of Ballard. First year in Bennett had good production although I think he has more talent than Pascoe, Ballard or Boss. I think the constant is Eli and our offensive system.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

I say we keep Myers for this year and next year we let Adrian Robinson take over. He could be that awesome great run blocking and receiving combination that is so rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
                        Brandon Myers is going to be a beast.
                        I think Meyers will add another dimension to our passing game and now he is someone else who will have to be accounted for by defenses

Comment

I agree BnR for the most part. Im not even that convinced either. but if he was able to have success in our system in part thanks to eli, he should do just fine in NE's system with help from Brady, no? Just my linear thinking on the matter. It will hurt the time they dont have gronk n hernandez, but iirc, NE went out and got a bunch of TE's last yr bc Gronk was an issue then. They should have the ability to weather the storm until Hernandez/Gronk gets back...dont get me wrong, im not rooting for this. its just how i see it playing out. J.McDaniels is pretty much an offensive genius.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            I say we keep Myers for this year and next year we let Adrian Robinson take over. He could be that awesome great run blocking and receiving combination that is so rare.
                            Eh, I'd like to see Robinson actually do something productive on an NFL field before I sign off on this . . . .

Comment

I think Myers will bring a lot especially from a "getting down field" standpoint. I don't know how much of a blocker he is but Mike Pope should take care of that.

Robinson is probably the future and should get some playing time this year and if he is the JPP of tight ends should take over as the starter next year.

Pascoe will be used in key situations as a blocker and may even run a few tight end routes just to keep everyone honest.

I think our crop of tight ends will surprise this year! im ready to see Robinson in action after his hype.
                              sigpic

Comment

Eh, I'd like to see Robinson actually do something productive on an NFL field before I sign off on this . . . .
                                I agree, people need to stop thinking of Robinson as a starter before he even shows up and actually does something, I hope he turns into another Jimmy Graham for us but let him step onto the field first...

Comment

Working...
                                X