Thoughts on our TE situation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on our TE situation?

I was looking at the Giants roster because I'm personally a little concerned about the TE position, and seen we have around 3-4 of them. Whats everyone's thoughts?
    ALL IN! NYG

Can't be much worse than the Patriots right now especially after Hernandez.

Comment

We should be solid at TE this year

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
        Can't be much worse than the Patriots right now especially after Hernandez.
        haha...I guess that Ballard pick made is looking a lot better for them now.
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

As for our TE situation we are fine. We have finally a really good catching TE. I liked MB but sometimes he wouldn't fight for the ball in the air, Myers will. As far as his blocking coach Pope will make him respectable. We also have Pascoe and Robinson to take on most of the blocking if Myers cannot handle it.
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks for your input everyone. As for the Pats maybe they should put Tebow at the TE position now lol
            ALL IN! NYG

Comment

The TE is either the same or maybe even a little better than last season. Myers is a very steady player, Bear is still Bear and Robinson should take a step forward from last year.

It's a shame we couldn't keep the black unicorn because I think he would have improved even more with a second season.
              All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Yeah are TE are one hit wonders lol New one every year.
                ALL IN! NYG

Comment

I'm really optimistic about our TE's this year. I think Eli will fall in love with Brandon Myers. We also have Adrien Robinson who was noted by scouts to be the 'JPP of Tight Ends' from his draft class. He's had a couple years to develop and learn, so I'm excited to see the turn out.
                  Assign infractions here.

Comment

I'm very excited about Myers and Robinson this year and for the future..

Comment

myers will be a solid checkdown option similar to witten for dallas. i expect we'll try and target him downfield some too, but iirc and I'm fairly certain because it was such a strong statistic, of the 80something receptions he had for Oakland last yr, none were of the kind where the ball traveled 20 yds or more. He was pretty much strictly an underneath/intermediate type TE. ALmost exactly like Witten. Which is why I'm thinking we signed him.

Now, I really wouldnt write home about Bear Pascoe, but he has come through in some big spots. made a nice TD grab vs SF in the NFC CG, made some nice catches in the SB when called upon after the injury devastated our TE position. So, we really could do much worse at the 2 TE spot, but I dont even think he makes it there on the depth bc he will be primarily a FB for a while.

WHich leads me to A.Robinson. If he's the "JPP of TE's" as JR dubbed (and he's been pretty spectacular in his player assessments) we gotta see something from him this yr. Dont know how u could keep a guy with that kinda upside to be termed that by the GM, off the field? He's as athletic as a WR, and from what I understand, has made some significant strides in blocking. I expect he'll start the season out as our #2 TE and that'd speak to his talent bc he is still young/raw. And I expect we'll have some plays where he displays that athleticism and blocking ability.

Outlook is pretty awesome IF, big if, IF JR's assessment of A.Robinson is close.

Comment

Theres a video on youtube of all of Myers catches from last year.

Hes a pretty talented receiver.

Did bug me how often he seemed to be tackled short of the first down on 3rd downs, but the raiders didnt exactly have a high powered offense.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Theres a video on youtube of all of Myers catches from last year.

Hes a pretty talented receiver.

Did bug me how often he seemed to be tackled short of the first down on 3rd downs, but the raiders didnt exactly have a high powered offense.
                          We definitely got a bit of an upgrade to Myers from the Unicorn.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                            We definitely got a bit of an upgrade to Myers from the Unicorn.
                            I thought Bennett was a better receiver, and a far far better blocker

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              I thought Bennett was a better receiver, and a far far better blocker
                              Well I said a bit of an upgrade but we won't know until we see Myers in action for us. I know that Bennet was a better blocker but believe that Myers could eclipse him as a receiver. Didn't we get Myers for less than the market paid Bennett? If so, it was definitely a win for us, leaving some bucks to be spent elsewhere.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X