X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    how do you figure with the A+++++++++ OL we have
    rofl

One thing Wilson has over Brown is that breakaway speed once he gets to the 2nd and 3rd levels. He is a home run waiting to happen and we haven't had that in a while. I'm more concerned about his pass blocking and how it's such a premium in our offense. Too bad our A+++++ O line consistently relies on a TE and RB to do some heavy lifting in the backfield. Hopefully Wilson can improve on his blocking assignments and get more playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
      rofl

One thing Wilson has over Brown is that breakaway speed once he gets to the 2nd and 3rd levels. He is a home run waiting to happen and we haven't had that in a while. I'm more concerned about his pass blocking and how it's such a premium in our offense. Too bad our A+++++ O line consistently relies on a TE and RB to do some heavy lifting in the backfield. Hopefully Wilson can improve on his blocking assignments and get more playing time.
      nice post, i agree...(i dont believe we have/had an A+++++++ OL. it was a claim a poster made about our 2011 OL just fyi in case u thought i actually believe that lmfao)

Comment

Originally posted by lamas View Post
        He's got a very good chance. According to giants.com there are only 5 RBs on the roster right now. Granted, that can and probably will change. With Wilson and Brown locked in, Scott, Torain, and Cox will have to duke it out for the other two spots.

5 RBs for 4 spots really doesn't seem like a lot of competition. I wonder if they are leaving room to bring the big man back (dark red = only slightly sarcastic).
        Nah, they would have invited him to camp if that was the case.

That said, he could be a possibility to come back if Brown gets hurt for any length of time again... kinda like Blackburn did in 2011.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          nice post, i agree...(i dont believe we have/had an A+++++++ OL. it was a claim a poster made about our 2011 OL just fyi in case u thought i actually believe that lmfao)
          nah I know you wouldn't have said that. Only an Eli hater can make that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by kfelgigiants View Post
            Really? I guess we'll see, I just think Wilson is gonna be a monster this season. Hopefully Brown is too though
            Yeah exactly we will find out. Idk I just don't have confidence in Wilson yet maybe bc I don't know much about him. I am not at ll saying he won't be good I just don't know
            ALL IN! NYG

Comment

Fair enough. I guess I really don't know much about him either. I mean I watched a lot of his college games and he was very exciting to watch and was constantly breaking off plays, but as far as his nfl career Idk much... Isn't much to know yet other than the fact that hes struggled in pass protection in games but is a very talented and explosive pure runner. I'm just anxious to see what that added ten pounds does for him...

Comment

Fair enough. I guess I really don't know much about him either. I mean I watched a lot of his college games and he was very exciting to watch and was constantly breaking off plays, but as far as his nfl career Idk much... Isn't much to know yet other than the fact that hes struggled in pass protection in games but is a very talented and explosive pure runner. I'm just anxious to see what that added ten pounds does for him...
                me 2.

hey, can i ask why u dont post more often? you have some good insights/posts and just wonderin if theres anything keepin from postin more?

Comment

Thanks, well idk, I just don't wanna speak too much I guess.. Trying to earn respect from my fellow giants fans before I start blabbing my opinions. Im just a die hard fan who loves to talk about football in general. Plus I just joined the boards a little over a month ago I think

Comment

Oline will be no worse than last year, both Bass and Snee had surgeries to improve (hopefully) and Pugh should beat out Diehl. DW is better than Bradshaw so he should have a good year stats wise. I'm not as optimistic as 420, maybe I'm not smoking the right stuff

Comment

Thanks, well idk, I just don't wanna speak too much I guess.. Trying to earn respect from my fellow giants fans before I start blabbing my opinions. Im just a die hard fan who loves to talk about football in general. Plus I just joined the boards a little over a month ago I think
                      oh ok cool. yeah feel free to speak up. u got my respect already. most everyone is knowledgable and open to discussion here as im sure you've found, just don't make the mistake I made and let petty stuff become an issue on here. and the reason i asked is bc your join date says may 2011 so i was just wondering, if u joined like a month ago makes sense. u prob didnt get ur username confirmed on the new MB til then or somethin i guess.

Comment

Ill keep that in mind, and yea everybody seems to be pretty open and intelligent football fans here. For the most part anyway. But, I forgot I registered back in 2011 and made only a couple of posts and didn't keep up. Recently its kinda become a hobby talking with u guys. It helps the wait of the season move along too and ive learned more about the giants and altered some of my opinions on certain things after some ppl on here have shed new light on topics

Comment

RBs will be a strong point as long as they have decent OLine
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Becareful, you joined 2011 so anything you say pro Eli you will be labeled by the Simms worshippers.

Comment

enough of this.

David Wilson is going to be the best ever for the Gmen.

With only 4.5 carries/game avg. last year he took it to the house 4 times. Not to mention a TD off a reception, and who can forget his awesome TD return?

OH, and he broke the NYG all-time record for all-purpose yards. LOL

All this for an 'undersized back' with 4.5 carries a game?!?

Yeah...hes going to be one of the best. If you think otherwise...to hell with your opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                                enough of this.

David Wilson is going to be the best ever for the Gmen.

With only 4.5 carries/game avg. last year he took it to the house 4 times. Not to mention a TD off a reception, and who can forget his awesome TD return?

OH, and he broke the NYG all-time record for all-purpose yards. LOL

All this for an 'undersized back' with 4.5 carries a game?!?

Yeah...hes going to be one of the best. If you think otherwise...to hell with your opinion!
                                Bold statement, BUT HEY I wouldn't mind.
                                ALL IN! NYG

Comment

Working...
                                X