Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Cruz Mirrors Giants' Workouts While Negotiating Contract

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1378675

Excerpt: "Victor Cruz spent his offseason sitting for photo shoots, walking on red carpets, and even posing with a giant donut for National Donut Day. While his teammates were working hard at the Meadowlands, he was a fixture on the celebrity scene.

That’s what the public saw during Cruz’s long contract stand-off with the Giants over the last four months. Sean Donellan saw something different.

He saw Cruz sweat.

“Believe me,” Donellan told the Daily News, “every fashion shoot you see him doing, he’s put in the time in the gym before or after.”

Donellan, the New York Islanders director of sports performance, knows that better than anyone because he’s the one who has been training the Giants’ star receiver this offseason, making sure Cruz didn’t lose a step while his agents worked on what he hopes will be a lucrative, long-term contract. Three or four times a week, every week since mid-February, Cruz has worked out with Donellan’s Ultimate Athletic Performance program with several other NFL players in an Oakland, N.J. gym.

The idea was to make sure that when Cruz — who recently signed a one-year, $2.879 million tender — decides to report to Giants training camp, it won’t look like he’s missed the entire offseason program.

It’ll be as if he’s been training with the team all along.

“It’s funny,” Donellan said. “He gets all these appearances and obviously he’s trying to capitalize on that stuff to the best of his abilities. But he’s very good at organizing and prioritizing his time, and he’s very, very good at staying grounded. He’s never lost sight of what’s gotten him there, what made him successful. And he’s dedicated to that.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Good to hear, but I wouldn't have expected anything else.

Comment

I still believe he will retire a Giant.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        Good to hear, but I wouldn't have expected anything else.
        It is good to know he won't be coming to camp out of shape.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
          +1

Comment

I BET IT WAS DIVA SWEAT, AND NOT REGULAR SWEAT!
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
              i sure hope so
              sigpic
              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                only you can make vic sweat rudy
                sigpic
                FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  You should know

Comment

So if he show's up to camp he will be in fashion shoot shape. Pay the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                      So if he show's up to camp he will be in fashion shoot shape. Pay the man.
                      Did you bother to read the article?

Comment

people forget, however much he makes, will be pushed over into the prices of novelties and concessions out of your pocketbooks. If he doesn't play to what he is getting paid, you all have every right to be pissed after forking over hard earned monies. so yes, in a way, you all, ahem.. WE ALL have a vested interest in this team in a round about way.

by chance, I've never been to the new stadium being a family man, how much do you guys pay for beer and hot dogs there?

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
                          people forget, however much he makes, will be pushed over into the prices of novelties and concessions out of your pocketbooks. If he doesn't play to what he is getting paid, you all have every right to be pissed after forking over hard earned monies. so yes, in a way, you all, ahem.. WE ALL have a vested interest in this team in a round about way.

by chance, I've never been to the new stadium being a family man, how much do you guys pay for beer and hot dogs there?
                          I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I've never bought food/drinks inside the building. It has always been outrageous so we tailgate before and after to solve that problem.

But players salaries are covered 100% by the TV contracts so they really don't fugure into individual teams' expenses/bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            I've been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I've never bought food/drinks inside the building. It has always been outrageous so we tailgate before and after to solve that problem.

But players salaries are covered 100% by the TV contracts so they really don't fugure into individual teams' expenses/bottom line.
                            so how do they( the team) justify boning people in the stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post
                              so how do they( the team) justify boning people in the stadium?
                              We allow it.

Comment

Working...
                              X