Our RB brown, I like this kid.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our RB brown, I like this kid.

He seems to have great mechanics as running backs go. good field awareness. I'm very optimistic.

Hell yeah. He is going to be the most exciting RB the Giants have had in my lifetime.
    # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

I liked the way it looked like the play was over and he'd bust out of the pile. Cant wait!

Comment

When Andre Brown was drafted, I remember hearing some fairly well-know talking head (cant remember exactly who it was) saying that, he felt, the steal of the draft very well may end up being Andre Brown. I had really high hopes after hearing that and then he just fizzled.

Lets hope this guy, whoever he was, ends up being right.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
          When Andre Brown was drafted, I remember hearing some fairly well-know talking head (cant remember exactly who it was) saying that, he felt, the steal of the draft very well may end up being Andre Brown. I had really high hopes after hearing that and then he just fizzled.

Lets hope this guy, whoever he was, ends up being right.
          I don't think he fizzled, didn't he tear his Achilles Tendon?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            I don't think he fizzled, didn't he tear his Achilles Tendon?
            Yeah, something like that. But, when he came back, he got cut, then got bounced around to a few teams, never stuck. He had a few injuries in college, too. Broken foot, I think.

Comment

In forgot who had the stat but I remember seeing on a carry to carry basis Brown was the third biggest breakaway runner in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                In forgot who had the stat but I remember seeing on a carry to carry basis Brown was the third biggest breakaway runner in the NFL.
                Geez, I wonder how he'll fair in yards after contact. 4 - 6 on average would equal close to a first down every run. it's what?, 4 yards starting from behind center?

Comment

Not typical in the NFL to have 1 of your top 2 RBs be 27 (turns 27 during the season) and have 75 career carries. Interesting??

Comment

actually, does he carry the rock like tiki did? referring to when tiki stopped his fumbling? across his chest?did coughlin already teach this kid to carry across his chest?

Comment

He was great in the limited number of carries he had, I hope that continues. I expect him to get used at the goal line as he was past year.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                        If you mean Footballoutsiders. It wasent breakaway, it was brown gained the most yards consistently per carry in the league

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          If you mean Footballoutsiders. It wasent breakaway, it was brown gained the most yards consistently per carry in the league
                          Which is why i love the kid. Being a home run threat is over-rated imo, if you can't get consistent yards. Getting yards of 0, 1, 2, 0, and then 50 for a 10 yard per carry average is garbage. Technically, a 1 yard gain is almost as bad as an incomplete pass as far as drive killers go.
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

It was breakaway percentage and it was PFF/ https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ay-percentage/, Sadly they no longer have the charts up though

Comment

Seems to always get yards. Love the guy.
                              Fan since 1970.
                              ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                              "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Working...
                              X