Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leach Still a Possibility

Report: Giants pondering free agent FB Leach

The New York Daily News reports the Giants are "pondering a last-ditch effort" to sign free agent FB Vonta Leach.
    Leach's agent mentioned the Giants as an interested team following last week's release from the Ravens, but this is confirmation from a credible news source. The G-Men are "worried" about the status of Henry Hynoski (knee) and prepared to up their offer. Leach is expected to pick a new team "early next week."

Source: New York Daily News
    Jun 22 - 5:41 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...at-vonta-leach

No interest, use the money on the OL. Leach is good but not a an idispensable position.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      No interest, use the money on the OL. Leach is good but not a an idispensable position.
      I would agree with this in general and for most teams, except the stats of this team running with a fullback compared to running without are night and day. To this team, a fullback is indespensible.

That said, I still don't think he will sign with us. If he is smart he will pursue a job he can keep until he retires. That will never be the case here with Hyno rehabbing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
        I would agree with this in general and for most teams, except the stats of this team running with a fullback compared to running without are night and day. To this team, a fullback is indespensible.

That said, I still don't think he will sign with us. If he is smart he will pursue a job he can keep until he retires. That will never be the case here with Hyno rehabbing.
        We did what we did with a fullback who can be replaced for pennies. Don't waste a nickle on Leach.

Comment

We did what we did with a fullback who can be replaced for pennies. Don't waste a nickle on Leach.
          If he could be replaced with pennies, the Giants wouldn't be pursuing Leach. It's hardly a waste when you're paying for the best.

Comment

well, lets not forget the history of the fbs on our team recently. j.finn was a solid FB, he got hurt, we went after Hedge****. His first season or two with us he was one of the best FBs in the game. he got hurt, we went after Hynoski. He got hurt...so now what? and if the giants are going to make a final type offer, i think that initself is proof enough the giants are worried about hynos knee.
            u dont go "he should be back by week 1" and then try to sign an All Pro FB a week or two later unless there actually is some serious doubt/concern.

to be brutally honest, I'm a fan of Hyno and wish him a healthy speedy recovery and to return to form, but, hynoski or leach i could really give a damn as long as he is playing well and getting the job done.

Comment

I have to agree
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                u dont go "he should be back by week 1" and then try to sign an All Pro FB a week or two later unless there actually is some serious doubt/concern.
                I agree there. The instant he got hurt I assumed he'd be at least be PUP to start the season, but given the Giants' level of interest in Leach, he could be an IR candidate.

Comment

Not having a full time FB would force Gilbride to become a little more creative...That may be bridge to far, I can see why they are pursuing Leach.

Comment

With the loss of Bennett at TE and now Hynoski's injury, the Giants weak run game has the potential to be awful. I hope they sign Leach. He was the #1 rated FB on PFF by a wide margin last year. A dominating run blocker.

Comment

In have a hard time making any sense of this.

The closest I get is that a relatively unimproved OL, and what that means to our run game, might benefit from a top FB.
                      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                        In have a hard time making any sense of this.

The closest I get is that a relatively unimproved OL, and what that means to our run game, might benefit from a top FB.
                        .............or more directly to the problem, we might benefit from an upgrade on the OL.

Comment

.............or more directly to the problem, we might benefit from an upgrade on the OL.
                          Sure, but how exactly are they going to upgrade the o-line with what little cap space they have?

Comment

I think it was wishful thinking for us to expect Hyno to come back at full strength this season so it makes good sense to me for the team to go after Leach with a one year offer and if Reese can pull this off our run game won't miss a beat and next year Hyno will be full go...

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                              I think it was wishful thinking for us to expect Hyno to come back at full strength this season so it makes good sense to me for the team to go after Leach with a one year offer and if Reese can pull this off our run game won't miss a beat and next year Hyno will be full go...
                              I'm starting to change my initial thinking about this, especially since the giants are considering upping their offer. Clearly the organization doesn't feel as optimistic about Hyno's recovery as he does. You can work hard at rehabbing but you can't will yourself back from a knee injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-vonta-leach/

Comment

Working...
                              X