Kurt Warner's picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Warner's picks

I looked and did not see a thread about this already ???? Anyhow, how does everyone feel about Kurt putting Eli at #6 and Peyton at #4? In my mind, Eli should have been at least #5 and Peyton should have been in the top #3. I don't understand how Big Ben is ranked higher than Eli & how Brees is higher than Peyton. Also, he had Romo and Rivers on the list of top 10 QBs, but no RGIII or Andrew Luck ?

Well, Luck and Griffin just completed their rookie seasons, so a larger data set is needed.

And as to the rest, sounds like some more of the typical anti-Manning Warner bull**** that we've seen.

Comment

Actually, I thought Kurt Warners list was good. Of course there are debatable placements that can be argues but nothing on it is far fetched or seems to be biased.

I think Eli Manning is better than Ben Rothlisberger but they are very close and I can see if someone prefers Ben.

I am surprised that Peyton Manning was listed a shigh as #4 due to his choking away a playoffs victory once again.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be overly biased from where i'm standing. I might have rated RG3 a little lower, since honestly I think 90% of his game is Alfred Morris, but on the other hand I might have rated Russel Wilson a little higher.

Also, I remember seeing a video (don't remember where from though) that said when Eli flopped right out of the gate in 2004, Warner insisted that Eli remain the starter, as to put Warner back in would stunt Eli's development. For all we know, Kurt knows better than any of us that Eli does his best when people are saying he can't... reverse psychology much?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
          Doesn't seem to be overly biased from where i'm standing. I might have rated RG3 a little lower, since honestly I think 90% of his game is Alfred Morris, but on the other hand I might have rated Russel Wilson a little higher.
          Warner didn't rank either of them.

His list:
          10. Tony Romo
          9. Philip Rivers
          8. Joe Flacco
          7. Matt Ryan
          6. Eli Manning
          5. Ben Roethlisberger
          4. Peyton Manning
          3. Drew Brees
          2. Aaron Rodgers
          1. Tom Brady.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...rs-top-10-QBs/

I don't have a problem with it - Ben and Eli are fairly interchangeable depending on who you ask.

Comment

ranking players is very subjective even for the least biased. I don't see a problem with this list, and you can argue individuals spots all day long.

Comment

Kurt Warner as usual is fair and knowledgeable.

Comment

Putting mini Ben in front of Eli is a slap on the face. If you're not able to throw a TD in a SB but your WR can you don't belong on the list. And to top it off, single handedly losing a SB by himself. He shouldn't be top 10 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                  Warner didn't rank either of them.

His list:
                  10. Tony Romo
                  9. Philip Rivers
                  8. Joe Flacco
                  7. Matt Ryan
                  6. Eli Manning
                  5. Ben Roethlisberger
                  4. Peyton Manning
                  3. Drew Brees
                  2. Aaron Rodgers
                  1. Tom Brady.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...rs-top-10-QBs/

I don't have a problem with it - Ben and Eli are fairly interchangeable depending on who you ask.
                  I agree. I would personally rather have Eli, but it's not a ridiculous argument either way.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                    Putting mini Ben in front of Eli is a slap on the face. If you're not able to throw a TD in a SB but your WR can you don't belong on the list. And to top it off, single handedly losing a SB by himself. He shouldn't be top 10 IMO
                    I was going to offer a real response to this silly post, but then I saw your sig and decided why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                      Because a single game is what you use to judge an entire career, right?

What of Romo, Rivers and Ryan? They haven't even played in one Super Bowl, let alone three. If Ben doesn't belong in the top 10, then neither do they.

Comment

Eh, he probably just didn't want to come across as bias against Ben for losing to him in the SB. Or, yeah, well, that's just, like, his opinion, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          Kurt Warner as usual is fair and knowledgeable.
                          Is Warner one of the few talking heads who actually looks at Peyton and takes into account his health instead of just history and emotion?
                          Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                            Is Warner one of the few talking heads who actually looks at Peyton and takes into account his health instead of just history and emotion?
                            Yeah possibly. It's interesting with Peyton, because, while he did have a great season, he clearly wasn't what he once was. Not physically, at least.
                            Meanwhile, Brees, Rodgers and Brady are all near the peak of their powers.

I do wonder if Peyton will get some more of his strength back this season. Given his age, it'll be an uphill battle.

Comment

Originally posted by njsean View Post
                              Eh, he probably just didn't want to come across as bias against Ben for losing to him in the SB. Or, yeah, well, that's just, like, his opinion, man.
                              Good point. One decent SB and people begin to rate him as a top QB. Eventually he falls flat on his face again and loses to the packers all by himself and it kind of puts things into perspective. He's not a QB you can rely on throwing the ball winning games like that. His job is to hand the ball off and let his defense do all the work. Even James Harrison went after mini Ben after he lost the SB saying he needs to know his role and not act like Peyton manning.

Comment

Working...
                              X