Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Marvin Austin Knows He Has A Lot To Prove: "I've Got To Show what I Can Do"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Marvin Austin Knows He Has A Lot To Prove: "I've Got To Show what I Can Do"

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/23/...what-i-can-do/

Excerpt: "Pro football has not yet been kind to former North Carolina defensive tackleMarvin Austin. And as he enters his third NFL season, it's not going to get any easier for him. In fact, he faces the most steep uphill battle of his young career as the New York Giantshave stocked themselves with potential talent at the defensive tackle position ó talent Austin will have to beat out in order to make the 53-man roster in 2013.

This is something Austin understands. Not only that, but he understands why, and it's something he aims to change once training camp begins in late July.

"You see the competition. It is what it is, and Iím trying to make this team just like everybody else," Austin told The Record. "I feel like, to the organization, Iíve got to show them what I can do. I havenít shown them anything yet. Iíve been in the training room too much. Some things donít have to be said. At the end of the day, Iím glad to have the competition." Read more...
    ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē MB Rule # 1

he will not make team
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

If the Giants had any confidence in him, they would not have made so many moves at his position this offseason.
      Last edited by TCHOF; 06-24-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        If the Giants had any confodence in him, they would not have made so many moves at his position this offseason.
        agreed 100% resign rogers signed cullen jenkins mike patterson drafted big hank by by austin
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

make or break camp for Austin.. probally break

Comment

If the Giants had any confodence in him, they would not have made so many moves at his position this offseason.
            not entirely true.....they have 90 rosters spots for camp. They love the DL position and stack that with competition every season.
            If they no confidence they would have given hm and injury settlement.
            He knows he has shown nothing and wants to compete. IMO....I hitnk the kid is lazy for some reason and I dont see him making it. But one never knows does one..... Good to him.
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

He will make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                not entirely true.....they have 90 rosters spots for camp. They love the DL position and stack that with competition every season.If they no confidence they would have given hm and injury settlement. He knows he has shown nothing and wants to compete. IMO....I hitnk the kid is lazy for some reason and I dont see him making it. But one never knows does one..... Good to him.
                This. Also some they have couple of signings that may to make the team. If he can't play at all he may be gone but if he stays healthy and shows a sign he will stick. They also have to consider the fact they may not have Joseph next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                  agreed 100% resign rogers signed cullen jenkins mike patterson drafted big hank by by austin
                  i dunno. its tough i can see ur point but, jenkins, patterson, rogers, are all old players. rogers has a year left, maybe? hes coming off a life threatening blood clot from last yr who knows how he holds up. patterson too had some sort of head issue a few seasons ago and is older. Jenkins is 33 iirc, Patterson too. Rogers is even older iirc.

Austin could beat those guys out if he shows that upside that got him drafted. His problem, he hasnt even shown that yet. He has to stand out and his game, based on getting after the QB, if he can get some confidence who knows...I'm hesitant to claim he makes the team but im not giving up on him at the same time. he DID display some serious talent at 1 point.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    This. Also some they have couple of signings that may to make the team. If he can't play at all he may be gone but if he stays healthy and shows a sign he will stick. They also have to consider the fact they may not have Joseph next year.
                    If LJ has another god solid season they will try like hell to keep him I think. Unless one of the young kids steps up huge.....
                    The again if one of the young kids does step having two really good interior linemen would be a huge benefit to the DL...
                    Keep LJ....
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      He will make the team.
                      I think so too. He's probably the most talented DT the Giants have, he just needs to put it together. Hopefully he really is feeling the pressure of the other tackles and steps his game up cause I can't think of another Giant on the team that would be more satisfying to have breakout for them this year.

Wishful thinking probably on my part but I've still got hope.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

This guy is a joke. I wonder if after we release him he is going to be able to find a job elsewhere...

That is what's going to be interesting to see.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          not entirely true.....they have 90 rosters spots for camp. They love the DL position and stack that with competition every season.
                          If they no confidence they would have given hm and injury settlement.
                          He knows he has shown nothing and wants to compete. IMO....I hitnk the kid is lazy for some reason and I dont see him making it. But one never knows does one..... Good to him.
                          Do you think that the Giants have confidence in him stepping in an being a contributor?

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                            I think so too. He's probably the most talented DT the Giants have, he just needs to put it together. Hopefully he really is feeling the pressure of the other tackles and steps his game up cause I can't think of another Giant on the team that would be more satisfying to have breakout for them this year.

Wishful thinking probably on my part but I've still got hope.
                            Stop it.

Comment

Stop it.
                              Who's physically more gifted on the Giants? I'll wait...
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                              X