Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL.com: What Is JPP's Rank As Edge Rusher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL.com: What Is JPP's Rank As Edge Rusher?

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...e-5466159ecb90

Although Jason Pierre-Paul’s numbers dipped in 2012, in part due to a bothersome back, the defensive end still may have the highest ceiling out of his NFL counterparts.

NFL.com ranked the league’s top 25 edge rushers as they stand heading into 2013, and Pierre-Paul, who earlier this month underwent a successful procedure to repair a herniated disc in his lower back, came in at No. 7 among the “best of the best.” The list did not include interior rushers, leaving out 4-3 defensive tackles like Geno Atkins and 3-4 defensive ends like J.J. Watt.

“JPP might have the highest ceiling of the whole group if he recovers well from back surgery and learns more veteran guile,” Gregg Rosenthal wrote about the Giants’ 2010 first-round draft pick.

The top 25 were divided into three categories: The Best of the Best, Next Level, and Knocking on the Door.

The Best of the Best
    1. Von Miller
    2. Clay Matthews
    3. Cameron Wake
    4. Terrell Suggs
    5. DeMarcus Ware
    6. Aldon Smith
    7. Jason Pierre-Paul
    " Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

inside the top 10 is always good....

hope he gets healthy and keeps on improving....
    he needs to stay hungry.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Too early to tell. The most accurate comment was:

“JPP might have the highest ceiling of the whole group if he recovers well from back surgery and learns more veteran guile,” Gregg Rosenthal wrote about the Giants’ 2010 first-round draft pick.

JPP has the potential to be a Strahan type. His ceiling is incredibly high and he most likely is the franchise player on the defense.

Comment

I couldnt help but notice Tuck aint even on the list.
        sigpic
        BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cameron Wake?? Aldon Smith?? Terrell Suggs?? I don't know I think JPP is better then all three...
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
            Cameron Wake?? Aldon Smith?? Terrell Suggs?? I don't know I think JPP is better then all three...
            I have no problem with Wake being ranked higher as a better edge rusher (he generates crazy pressure) and edge rushing is all Aldon Smith really has but JPP is still more valuable than the other two because of what he brings in terms of run defense. Personally, Clay Matthews is too high on that list for me and Ware is too low.

Comment

I think Aldon Smith gets to much credit. When Justin Smith went out A.Smith wasn't nearly as effective.

Comment

aldon smith could be #1 on that list based on what hes done so far. he's every bit the threat off the edge JPP is if not more (JPP is better in virtually every other aspect tho).

Comment

he "can" be better but he isnt as of this time in his career.
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I think Aldon Smith gets to much credit. When Justin Smith went out A.Smith wasn't nearly as effective.
                    kinda like Tuck getting lame and it effecting JPP.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      I have no problem with Wake being ranked higher as a better edge rusher (he generates crazy pressure) and edge rushing is all Aldon Smith really has but JPP is still more valuable than the other two because of what he brings in terms of run defense. Personally, Clay Matthews is too high on that list for me and Ware is too low.
                      I agree with Ware. I think he should be number 1, dude's a beast. I guess in pass rushing ability maybe some of these guys are ahead of JPP. I guess, I was just taking into account all aspects of a pass rusher. I don't know about Clay, his defense isn't exactly great and still puts up huge sack numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        Tuck isn't even close to Justin Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          It's not really the same since the SF defense schemes specifically for Justin Smith to eat up the blockers in front of Aldon. Now Aldon can still generate good pressure without Justin but he hasn't discovered how to turn that into sack production.

Comment

Tuck isn't even close to Justin Smith.
                            not saying he is but when Tuck gets singled it leaves more blockers for JPP to have to deal with....

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              It's not really the same since the SF defense schemes specifically for Justin Smith to eat up the blockers in front of Aldon. Now Aldon can still generate good pressure without Justin but he hasn't discovered how to turn that into sack production.
                              scheme's aside the NYG DL still relies on the other players doing their jobs. if that doesnt happene then, in theis, case JPP's production will drop off ....

Comment

Working...
                              X