Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vonta Leach and the Hynocerous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vonta Leach and the Hynocerous

    It seems like things with Leach are picking up.. so if we were to sign him what are we going to do when Hynoski comes back? We'd easily have the best Fullback tandem in the league which could make for some interesting packages. Could the Giants do what the Patriots did to the tight end position and bring the fullback position back to relevency? Imagine having Hynoski and Leach lining up side by side as dual fullbacks with Wilson or Brown lined up behind them? That would definitely boost our running game significantly
    Last edited by dayeh33; 06-24-2013, 02:15 PM.

  • #2
    That would be a beast lineup. Hyno is pretty decent and we know what Leach can do. Is it possible?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Moke View Post
      That would be a beast lineup. Hyno is pretty decent and we know what Leach can do. Is it possible?
      He's more than decent dude. I think he was ranked top 5 best FB's in the league, if i'm not mistaken...

      Stand with Cruz!
      80

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
        He's more than decent dude. I think he was ranked top 5 best FB's in the league, if i'm not mistaken...
        Now imagine having 2 top 5 FBs in the same backfield blocking?

        Comment


        • #5
          Not only would we have the best FB tandem in the league, but we'd have the only FB tandem in the league!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
            He's more than decent dude. I think he was ranked top 5 best FB's in the league, if i'm not mistaken...
            Was he really?

            Comment


            • #7
              Three backfield set with two lead blockers.

              :shock:
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DVision View Post
                Not only would we have the best FB tandem in the league, but we'd have the only FB tandem in the league!!!
                we would have the best by default..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DVision View Post
                  Not only would we have the best FB tandem in the league, but we'd have the only FB tandem in the league!!!
                  Exactly what I thought as soon as I read the OP.

                  Return of the wishbone?!
                  All Hail The New York Giants!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    other than a goal line situation, why in the world would they line up with two FB's and a HB. I can't really see a situation where TC dresses two FB's Pascoe's versatility makes him the backup/emergency FB.
                    #80

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                      Exactly what I thought as soon as I read the OP.

                      Return of the wishbone?!
                      Wishbone? Why not a double wing with full-house backfield and direct snap to Nassib? We could get rid of Eli, Nicks, and Cruz, and save ourselves a bundle!!! Super Bowl, here we come!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i've used the dual FB in many a madden franchise. grind em down.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
                          It seems like things with Leach are picking up.. so if we were to sign him what are we going to do when Hynoski comes back? We'd easily have the best Fullback tandem in the league which could make for some interesting packages. Could the Giants do what the Patriots did to the tight end position and bring the fullback position back to relevency? Imagine having Hynoski and Leach lining up side by side as dual fullbacks with Wilson or Brown lined up behind them? That would definitely boost our running game significantly
                          Sounds great man, but that would mean you have to limitate having one OL or TE less.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            actually, we did use a 3 backfield set a few years ago iirc. Only thing is, I dunno if we lined up 2 FBs and a HB. I believe we had 1 HB, 1 FB, and 1 TE line up in the backfield in a triangle
                            .........RB
                            FB................TE
                            ...........QB

                            and we'd pretty much motion the TE out of the backfield altho we did keep the TE in some, if my memory serves me it was when we had Mathews or Johnson as the backup TE. Theoretically, it'd work with Bear, and, we actually have come out in that set some recently with bear and we motion him to the OL

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If two FB are good, three would be better or four or...............
                              No one remembers who came in second.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X