Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuck: "I Feel More Alive, In A Football Sense"

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...in-a-long-time

Excerpt: "A month before training camp starts, Justin Tuck looks and feels like he's in terrific shape.

He has been training and eating right, and the New York Giants defensive end even walked over hot coals to improve his state of mind.

"For whatever reason it is, I feel more alive in a football sense than I have in a long time," Tuck said at an appearance at the Big Daddy Celebrity Golf Classic at Oheka Castle. "And that is a huge motivation for me this year.

"I don't know if it is last year, or people saying a lot of things around this team and myself," Tuck added. "I don't know what it is. But I am in a good state right now."

Tuck knows full well he is entering the final year of his contract. But he says he doesn't want to think about a new deal. Where his mind is at right now is currently "in a great place."

"Football is a draining sport sometimes," Tuck said. "And being in New York City and trying to do as much as I do off the football field, it kind of drains you a little bit and you start to [take] things for granted. Maybe I did. Not on purpose. You just don't even know it until somebody taps you on your shoulder and is like, 'What are you doing?'" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I like how tucks got his head in the right place. Hopefully he plays some good ball for us again this season!
    sigpic

Comment

Looking at photos from practices I noticed he looked like he was in better shape than previous years

Comment

More talk from Tuck. Show me on game day and I'll be a believer.

Comment

i will say this, Tuck was part of the team that played it best when the media was calling us the worst and putting the coach on the hot seat and our backs against the wall. maybe all this talk about how horrible his game has been will be similar in that regard, who knows. football, as everything else in life, is mostly mental. whatever tuck needs to think/do to get that right mental state I'm all for even if it takes people rightfully calling him out for his lackluster play.

Comment

hopefully he keeps the enthusiasm up....that would be huge...
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

So technically he was playing dead this whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                More talk from Tuck. Show me on game day and I'll be a believer.
                I love Tuck...but I gotta agree with this statement.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

18th verse same as the first.
                  Sounds more like Darryl Strawberry each time.
                  If I am his agent I have a simple message for him.
                  Shut up and let your performance speak for you.
                  You sound like an idiot with this broken record coming off such a pathetic season.
                  Fans want production not words.
                  He needs better handlers.......
                  Last edited by jomo; 06-24-2013, 10:11 PM.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    I love Tuck...but I gotta agree with this statement.
                    Define "talk" please. Everyone likes to say he always talks to much. What is wrong with what he said?

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                      18th verse same as the first.Sounds more like Darryl Strawberry each time.If I am his agent I have a simple message for him.Shut up and let your performance speak for you. You sound like an idiot with this broken record coming off such a pathetic season.Fans want production not words.He needs better handlers.......
                      So when approached at these events he should just look at people with a blank look on his face? What exactly did he say wrong? This is like the hundredth time he has been accused of "more talk" this offseason and have still not read anything wrong in what he said.

Comment

I hope he decides to play by his words.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

aweee, on the one hand...I wanna be like 'suck it up dude' ....but on the other, ......things are tough, I ain't mad
                          One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
                          -Nietzsche

Comment

I'll believe in the "new" Tuck when I see it.

Comment

Its called a contract year.

Comment

Working...
                              X