Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli will be given one more shot here, the Accorsi consultation all but ensures it...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli will be given one more shot here, the Accorsi consultation all but ensures it...

    There is may be 1 person who is a bigger fan of eli than I. Accorsi.

    bottom dollar he will put together a combo who can give eli and us the fans the last run we deserve.

  • #2
    Last Run? I can care less about one last run. I rather see our future today. A mobile quarter back with a strong arm and a decent o-line

    Comment


    • #3
      I seriously doubt Accorsi is thinking Super Bowl in the next two years. He's going to be looking for a person with deep football knowledge who can draft well, and bring long-term competitiveness. This is all about becoming a perennial division leader, and frequent playoff runs. When looking at the next Super Bowl for this team, I would say very few football minds think Eli is going to be a part of that.

      Comment


      • #4
        He will serve as the Kurt Warmer role of 2004 in 2018 once they get their QB in the draft.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          There is may be 1 person who is a bigger fan of eli than I. Accorsi.

          bottom dollar he will put together a combo who can give eli and us the fans the last run we deserve.
          Accorsi will not be our GM Just consulting our Ownership on who to hire as GM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            There is may be 1 person who is a bigger fan of eli than I. Accorsi.

            bottom dollar he will put together a combo who can give eli and us the fans the last run we deserve.
            Nope. Earnie will just help choose the next GM. He will be gone before any personnel decisions are made. They are most certainly drafting a QB.
            #80

            Comment


            • #7
              I know he is only being a consultant I. Saying the people he will suggest will want eli and to give him an OL.

              don't believe me fine just letting you know what's gonna happen

              Comment


              • #8
                Combo= gm/hc

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

                  Accorsi will not be our GM Just consulting our Ownership on who to hire as GM.
                  Well by that logic, you would assume there would be an agreement in place on Eli, as part of the new hire. I will trust Accorsi, He's not my first pick for consultant (Bill Parcells) But at least Mara knows enough to reach out to someone that has football smarts, to advise him at this critical juncture.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gmanfrom58 View Post

                    Well by that logic, you would assume there would be an agreement in place on Eli, as part of the new hire. I will trust Accorsi, He's not my first pick for consultant (Bill Parcells) But at least Mara knows enough to reach out to someone that has football smarts, to advise him at this critical juncture.
                    yea I am in favor of Accorsi He brought Us Eli!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mara is in Eliís corner and they are presumably going to try to get back on the course Mara originally planned before McAdoo took liberties with Maras instruction.

                      That course being Eli Manning as the starter, and potentially Webb and/or another draft pick getting work in garbage time situations if they arise.

                      I would expect Eli to move on at the end of his contract (unless he starts playing at a superstar level and there is no reason for him to move on).

                      Mara fíd this up but he is trying to land the plane himself and didnít just give up and stick his head in the sand. He knows irreparable harm has been caused and that he is going to take heat but he is taking responsibility the only way he can short of selling the team.

                      I think he is a good man that royally ****ed up and was caught with his pants down by a desperate man (McAdoo). Big lesson learned. Im sure he will handle nuanced and critical conversations/decisions better in the future.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nyc-007 View Post
                        Last Run? I can care less about one last run. I rather see our future today. A mobile quarter back with a strong arm and a decent o-line
                        Both can coexist

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          He will serve as the Kurt Warmer role of 2004 in 2018 once they get their QB in the draft.
                          Yes but also remember what Warner did at the end of his career when everyone said he was washed up!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            I know he is only being a consultant I. Saying the people he will suggest will want eli and to give him an OL.

                            don't believe me fine just letting you know what's gonna happen
                            Yes but they will absolutely draft a QB with the first pick if we are picking in the top 3-4. Itís absolutely time to get Eliís replacement on this team and he will have a great mentor as he gets ready to take over. They will fix the oline as well to give Eli a shot for a year or two.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              There is may be 1 person who is a bigger fan of eli than I. Accorsi.

                              bottom dollar he will put together a combo who can give eli and us the fans the last run we deserve.
                              Well, some minds in the personnel department will have to be changed/fired:

                              https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/937732189822779393

                              Interesting times.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X