Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli will be given one more shot here, the Accorsi consultation all but ensures it...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

That guy has been brought in as a consultant. He has no say on who will be playing next year. We are in a spot where we hope to not be again for a while. And when you are there and have an older QB who is not at the top of his game any longer, you take your next QB. And when you take that guy that high, at some point in his rookie season, that guy will be come the starter. Why would Eli want to be in that situation? He should accept a trade. Its best for him and best for the Giants to be able to move forward.
    Why do you insist on having to forfeit the present for the future? I know that's how thints shaped up here but that was due to incompetence at the higher levels.

I'm just stating cold fact here. The guy who drafted eli and who spent the next decade doing interviews about eli and what he saw and how he was proven right (remember his standing now is almost entirely tied to eli. Wrong or right I am not saying. K I personally believe his history is storied but it's wha r have you done for me recently. If eli busted Accorsi goes down in memory different. Just truth there. Wherre am I going with this? Accorsi is tied to eli like no other can say. And he has been vocal about how amazing he has been and is.

I am NOT saying this means we don't draft a qb or plan for the future. It means I literally will make a friendly wager here I will literally take whatever friendly bet one wants that Accorsi will hire a gn and coach combo that can prepare for the future but give eli that one last legit chance at a run that Reese incompetence suffocated.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Folks think it'll be easy to "fix" the O line. Well it won't be. Almost every other team will be desperate for O line help and we will be competing against all of them.
      The reason O line is so hard to fix for all these teams is because the best athletes in this game anymore are on defense. the speed, power and athleticism of these guys makes them damned hard to block. In the salary cap era.......good luck to any team desperate for O line help. It's going to eat into everyone's cap, including ours.

In other words.....Fixing the O line. Easier said than done.
      + 100. Not easy.

Comment

I disagree. I think Eli may want to move on. Who says this team will be ready next year for an old QB to have one last run.
        It will be a new scheme, new playbook, etc.

Eli being a Giant next season is far from a given,
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          Eli will not be on this team next year.
          I think the odds are he will not be. But it will ultimately depend on who the GM/HC are and what QB(s) are available when we draft.

I believe all Eli's guaranteed money is paid after this year, and if he stays they have to pay him a $5 million roster bonus next march. They will know everything they need to know to make the decision before then.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I think the odds are he will not be. But it will ultimately depend on who the GM/HC are and what QB(s) are available when we draft.

I believe all Eli's guaranteed money is paid after this year, and if he stays they have to pay him a $5 million roster bonus next march. They will know everything they need to know to make the decision before then.
            Agreed. My statement was probably a little overly absolute.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

That guy has been brought in as a consultant. He has no say on who will be playing next year. We are in a spot where we hope to not be again for a while. And when you are there and have an older QB who is not at the top of his game any longer, you take your next QB. And when you take that guy that high, at some point in his rookie season, that guy will be come the starter. Why would Eli want to be in that situation? He should accept a trade. Its best for him and best for the Giants to be able to move forward.
              Yup, we will take a QB in the top 5 next year, hopefully, it wont be Flacco lite (Josh Allen).

EA will have absolutely no say in who our starting QB is. I hope the new coach and GM do whats best for the Giants going forward. I imagine they would want that.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

I think Mara was blindsided by Reese's and McAdoo's total ineptness in handling the transition when they didn't even consider Eli doing what he did. It's not like Eli hadn't done something very similar when he became a Giant.

Whatever happens will happen. But if they don't play Webb, then John Mara looks dumber than a box of rocks for considering the plan to begin with.

Anyone who thinks we can wait for Eli to exit before we worry about the future QB, just isn't paying attention. Webb is here, find out if he can or not at all time when winning isn't materially important.
                Do you honestly think Webb is the answer? Have you seen any of his college tapes? He may be a QB in the NFL someday, but that day, is a long ways off. It would be cruel to drop him into the ****ter. now. The Kid is Not ready for prime time, He has never lined up over center and ran a run and shoot college set, against teams like UCLA, not Alabama or Georgia. Starting him now would do more harm than good, for him and the Giants. Mac and Reese both agreed on that point. That's the reason Mac bet the house on Geno. In context Webb is another 3rd round reach by the King of reachers. Last I checked Nassib is out of football. My amazement is why the pick was wasted in the first place. We had so many other obvious needs. Mac thought little enough of him to park him on the taxi squad and gave him No rep's. So why the rush to see if he can play at the pro level, when both the GM and coach, who knew their asses were on the line didn't even give him a thought?

Comment

What a nut house

a 37 yr old QB is going to turn it around, become a super star and lead us to the promised land

a decent HC is going to come here and accept that he has no control over who his QB is after watching Ben implode in frustration

folks our train is off the tracks, about to go over the cliff and crash in the ravine

good things don't result from mob rule. Can't wait for the Dallas game

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

If they have the first or second pick in the draft they have 2 options. Keep Eli and trade back for an additional 1&2. Take 2 OL in the first. Take a QB if they like one and a center in the second. Or release Eli to save cap space go heavy on OL in free agency and take your next QB with the first pick.
                    I mean I don't even know if some are even trying to actually engage thought...did I really j usr see someone claim Accorsi will have no bearing on eli future...the guy is going to choose the next hc and gm lol he has everything to do with the future of eli...

but here's how I can see it shaping up:
                    we go qb rd 1. Then try to address the OL with 2 picks and a FA or 2. If the right guys are chosen for the right scheme we can have a legit OL next year...

I mean. Not for nothing but this notion we have to either keep eli and forfeit the future or get rid of him and have a future is so misguided. But I get it bc the climate of the team the last 5 to 6 years...

I'm telling you guys...and of course it's my opinion for what it's worth, eli is not close to being done he really isn t. Last 2 years he was asked to run a scheme that fell apart when Coughlin left. Yeah he had some bad bad spans I guess even tho I believe that's not even fair...

give him a Bruce Aryans like offense with an OL and eli can deliver the goods.

Comment

Another point I wanna make that is slightly off topic but related still is what Mara said on the Mike f show. H3 said he doesn't t3ll the coach who to play he stays out of it and let's the coach live or die by their decisions he actually said that.

it is my belief now maybe Mara didn t want what actually happened and was sort of blind sided...he may not be as quick to move on from eli as some may believe

Comment

Who said anything about it being easy? The thing is tho it's done every year by several teams. Darksaint has cited several teams that not only turned their OL around it went from abysmal to above average really. St Luis new Orleans Minnesota and then the teams who seem to churn out quality OL yearly.

we are all victim to the climate created by Reese decisions I get he earned respect I'm telling you guys he did a horrific job.

and why is this so complicated for some.once more:

i.am not saying Accorsi will decide eli is the starter. Ffs. Lol I am saying Accorsi will almost assuredly recommend a gm and coach combo that will want to focus on the future yes but while giving eli the send off run he has earned.

you guys make it seem like helping the offense improve is a detriment to any new future qb...its not it's a benefit. And bc eli is a vet and quality player he can help that process expedite by sort of covering some flaws while they get rectified. He did this almost his entire tenure here due to Reese. I'm hopeful we get a pitt situation going where the OL and Rb and wr are all world whether Ben or th3 next guy

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                          What a nut house
                          You are skilled at the irony thing.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Figure of speech come on now...seeing as I am not the owner (shhhh don't let them know I'm actually Jon Mara) I can't guarantee it. I used dramatic effect sorry I prob should have used a diff word I guess?
                            Yes. I think it's a pretty safe bet that no one thinks you're clairvoyant.

Even if the Giants target Olinemen (which I'm sure they will) what guarantees are there in football that they will a) live up to there potential and b) not get hurt?

Personally I don't see Eli's future being with the Giants, which is not to suggest I'm not into happy endings.

Comment

Ok. Let's do it this way (bored waiting for an appointment):

can we draft a qb with the first pick?
                              does doing so mean we are prohibited from them picking OL guys and adding OL FA??

the OL was the only issue bothering just about everyone preseason..some like myself were too hopeful we didn't follow rational logical breakdowns and bought in.

but look at the Wr, the TE, we are good.

d? Pretty solid.

aside OL what do we need? Rb maybe? Maybe a LB and nickel cornerback?

I hope you guys at least can begin to entertain this bc I am telling you guys this is how it will play out. Expect a gm and coach who super respect eli and believe he is a top flight qb still but also who.knows father time has no losses. Any gm or coach that can help extend eli will be able to help the following qb bc when you do it this way you aren't really doing anything but trying to put together a solid offense regardless of qb playing

do you guys think if eli stays it means the coach and gm will not want to improve the team??? It's not logical most the rebuttals. I'm not saying it's not logical the position i am saying the process there isn't logical.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                                Another point I wanna make that is slightly off topic but related still is what Mara said on the Mike f show. H3 said he doesn't t3ll the coach who to play he stays out of it and let's the coach live or die by their decisions he actually said that.

it is my belief now maybe Mara didn t want what actually happened and was sort of blind sided...he may not be as quick to move on from eli as some may believe
                                I disagree as Mara told Mike that he had the same exact expectations as Jerry and Ben with the offensive line. He felt our offense was good enough to go 11-5 last year. I thought was a totally bizarre comment.

One other thing about Accorsi. John Mara is not paying him to live in the past. He's paying him to help set up the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X