Well angry mob, you got your wishes granted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well angry mob, you got your wishes granted

I just got back from driving from Oakland and finally have time to post about today's firings. I am glad that they happened, but the owners totally reacted to fan backlash and complaining in doing these firings. Mara clearly loves him some Eli Manning. The next question for the mob is how will this impact the next hire? Will the owner and angry mob's love of #10 prevent them from hiring the best candidate? If I were being force fed a declining QB and working for a reactive owner, I would pause at accepting this offer. That is my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree.
    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Mara said the lack of wins was the reason for the house cleaning.
    I for one think thatís part of the reason, but I also think he did not want to see Giants stadium with a bunch of former players wearing Manning jerseys next week. And on top of a stadium filled with mostly Cowboys fans the rest Giant fans booing McAdoo viciously.

McAdoo and Reese created a toxic environment in the organization this season, and Mara sat on his hands and watched it all go to ****.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
      I for one think thatís part of the reason, but I also think he did not want to see Giants stadium with a bunch of former players wearing Manning jerseys next week. And on top of a stadium filled with mostly Cowboys fans the rest Giant fans booing McAdoo viciously.

McAdoo and Reese created a toxic environment in the organization this season, and Mara sat on his hands and watched it all go to ****.
      Agree.
      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

I'm happy.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Oh well thank goodness I can get back to breathing again bc I could not go without your take on this another moment.

I seriously was about to asphyxiate. Thanks for putting this into perspective for every one: it's the eli fans to blame.

SHOCKER

Comment

And I love it. Eli is a reason a top candidate wouldn't want to work here. Not a reason for why they would.

got it.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              I just got back from driving from Oakland and finally have time to post about today's firings. I am glad that they happened, but the owners totally reacted to fan backlash and complaining in doing these firings. Mara clearly loves him some Eli Manning. The next question for the mob is how will this impact the next hire? Will the owner and angry mob's love of #10 prevent them from hiring the best candidate? If I were being force fed a declining QB and working for a reactive owner, I would pause at accepting this offer. That is my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree.
              I disagree. I think you tell the new coach that he gets to help pick his quarterback of the future in April. The ONLY condition he faces is that he plays his future-HOF QB until his quarterback of the future gives him a better chance to win than said future-HOFer. Not exactly a terrible situation to walk into IMHO.
              Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 12-04-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

This team quit on Mac. Itís that simple. The defensive players were obviously not happy and I donít blame them. Itís a team sport, but itís also a profession guys. These people risk there careers each week. I see it from both sides.

Comment

How about David Shaw? Stanford HC? Anyone?

Comment

Yup. At least he didnít keep sitting on them and has taken action to reverse course.

i hope he has learned the hard lesson that if you are in charge you need to make decisions, you need to be intentional in your language and you need to lead. Mara got double bit in the *** for dithering and if you want to take it even further you can link dithering for the awkward departures of Gilbride and Coughlin as well.

I think today was the culmination of several mistakes made years ago but I do see evidence that the lesson was learned as I believe Mara was genuinely angry and probably more on the same page with most of us the last few days than anyone internal to his organization. He was caught in an awkward spot when McAdoo did what he did to Eli and has to share i the responsibility for it but he did the right thing to remove the dummies that executed that move so ineptly.

Sometimes you need to do a better job as a leader but that doesnít absolve a subordinates incompetence. I honestly feel the delay was him deciding what to do with Jerry Reese so he could get everything he needed to do done at once

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      This has NOTHING to do with fan backlash. This has everything to do with an incompetent GM who hand picked an incompetent HC.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        How about David Shaw? Stanford HC? Anyone?
                        Ideal, but sadly he will not leave Stanford and I donít blame him to be honest

Comment

I wish he had lasted one more week. Wanted to see mcdoofus' type of qb performed against a real defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Ideal, but sadly he will not leave Stanford and I donít blame him to be honest
                            Why not? Is he from there? Not even a NFL HC position could entice him out?

Comment

Good post. I think it is mainly what you said. I just feel that they are late by a few years with Reese and a few weeks with McAdoo. The timing of this firing goes right in line with the fan backlash. That is why I feel how I feel about it. IMO, they should be ahead of the power curve instead of behind it.
                              If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Working...
                              X