Well angry mob, you got your wishes granted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Oh well thank goodness I can get back to breathing again bc I could not go without your take on this another moment.

I seriously was about to asphyxiate. Thanks for putting this into perspective for every one: it's the eli fans to blame.

SHOCKER
    of this we have no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

There are three QB's right now being talked about as MVP and two were drafted in the third round or later.
      I agree in general that a marginal percent of proven good QBs come from later rounds while a high percentage of 1st round QBs are busts. If there is some kind of formula you can figure from these random facts, let me know, I want to invest.

The problem is no one knows if the "QB right now being talked about as MVP" is ever going to be successful long term. Last year Dak Prescott was the guy, this year he sucks and it is Carson Wentz. RG3 and Kapernick were those same guys a few years ago, now not even playing in the NFL.

My opinion is that time tells. Eli Manning, with all his faults and faces just got his HC and GM fired because the owners didn't want to face his angry fans in the last 3 home games.

But he stinks now and is done in this league. Amazing analysis.

Comment

• Comment

• I say let Mike Sullivan fill in for the remainder!! DILLY DILLY!

Comment

• With a high draft pick to grab next QB. And with a great vet QB in house to mentor the new guy, I don't think it's such an unappealing situation for a new coach to walk into.
            New coaches almost always walk into a challenging situation. That's why the team is hiring a new coach.
            Mara, and this team, have had a rough year. But I think that the Giants long tradition of being a well run franchise will still carry some weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Don't like Darnold? Or, are you assuming that the Browns will snag him?
              I think Darnold is awful. He's gotten bust written all over him.

Comment

• I do think that this team needed a new coach and a new GM. In that sense, I'm pleased. I think it's the best move for the future.

I can't say I'm happy overall, because the team is still in a very poor state. This whole thing was incredibly sloppy and embarrassing.

Hopefully the right hires can be made in the leadership positions.

As for Eli, part of me thinks it might be best for him to move on at the end of the season and close out his career with another organization.

The giants have to move on, and a complete housecleaning might be needed to move forward, including the QB position.

Comment

• I wouldn’t call people who pay big money on tickets, PSLs, consessions, gear etc. a mob. We are fans who without the owners would be screwed. Mara new he ****ed up and realized that. This has been all coming to a boil for weeks and the benching just put it over the top. McAdoo and Reese deserved to be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                    I just got back from driving from Oakland and finally have time to post about today's firings. I am glad that they happened, but the owners totally reacted to fan backlash and complaining in doing these firings. Mara clearly loves him some Eli Manning. The next question for the mob is how will this impact the next hire? Will the owner and angry mob's love of #10 prevent them from hiring the best candidate? If I were being force fed a declining QB and working for a reactive owner, I would pause at accepting this offer. That is my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree.
                    For at least the last three years, it has been widely reported that the HC and GM were "on notice". The firing of McAdoo and Reese was a natural progression that was too long delayed in my opinion.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I just got back from driving from Oakland and finally have time to post about today's firings. I am glad that they happened, but the owners totally reacted to fan backlash and complaining in doing these firings. Mara clearly loves him some Eli Manning. The next question for the mob is how will this impact the next hire? Will the owner and angry mob's love of #10 prevent them from hiring the best candidate? If I were being force fed a declining QB and working for a reactive owner, I would pause at accepting this offer. That is my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree.
                      It actually was a peaceful protest.
                      sigpic #80

Comment

I think if there wasn't all the talk that both guys would be fired they would have waited. But making them wait, knowing they were gone at the end of the season would have been a bad move. I get it.
                        I don’t think the talk of them being fired at the end of the season had anything to do with it. The gutless owners were not able to face the backlash in the stadium the next few weeks.
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post
                          I wouldn’t call people who pay big money on tickets, PSLs, consessions, gear etc. a mob. We are fans who without the owners would be screwed. Mara new he ****ed up and realized that. This has been all coming to a boil for weeks and the benching just put it over the top. McAdoo and Reese deserved to be fired.
                          you have a valid point, the fans hold some power, however the place is sold out for the next 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

I don’t think the talk of them being fired at the end of the season had anything to do with it. The gutless owners were not able to face the backlash in the stadium the next few weeks.
                            I definitely don't discount that possibility. I took Mr. Mara for his word but when he said the uproar had nothing to do with it he was either full of **** or lying to himself.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Absolutely. Mara definitely fired them because of the backlash.
                              I don't think this will effect the next hire at all. Why would having a veteran qb scare a coach away? If anything it's a good thing in case Webb and whoever the 1st rounder is doesn't work out. I doubt Eli will be back next year anyway.

Comment

I definitely don't discount that possibility. I took Mr. Mara for his word but when he said the uproar had nothing to do with it he was either full of **** or lying to himself.
                                if you think about it he has always gone with the fans reaction/ backlash . He isnt a man that should make decisions, he isn't his father by a long shot. he needs to hire a real GM but my gut says he wont. he likes things as it is, but he has no bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X