Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just to change the subject a little ... back to what we used to complain about ;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

I stupidly thought people would somehow see the humor and understand the actual point

but apparently you need 5 championships now to vent on the sideline

amazing
    Well I think it gives Brady leeway, sure. Doesn't mean he's not an ******* for cursing his coach out. I think another big difference is Odell tends to go over board. Seems like every week it's something new. Kicking things, swinging his helmet at the kicking net, slamming his head against equipment lockers. I like guys with fire but Odell seems like he's doing for show. He knows the camera is on him.

Here's an idea, if he doesn't want the negative attention so badly, stop having outbursts. Stop giving them crap to report on.

Comment

I knew you were a comedian ... but this is close to your best material

you now have to earn the right to vent on the sideline with championships

classic material ...

coach to player venting .... excuse me sir you are going to have to check your emotions . I'm looking at your career statistics and your average yards per reception is not high enough for you to have 2 cups of Gatorade and you do not have enough championships to yell at teammates or coaches or express any sort of emotion for that matter . however you do qualify for endless criticism ... criticism that will end of course once you win more.
      these are the rules of the league sir ... no emotions until you win ... didn't you read the handbook ?

you guys are the best
      Thanks.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

all I saw was Brady yelling **** you !!! **** you !!!! **** you !!! ... in his OCs face

to me it's all passion

it's an emotional game ...

this stuff has always happened ... they just didn't show it all on TV back in the day
        Simms used to do it when he had enough of Parcells,sure they were fine ten minutes later.

Comment

The bottom line is that the relationship between a coach and player can change over the course of a players career. A guy who has been a leader of the team, and has won championships and had tremendous success has much different standing than a guy who is young, has yet to show any real leadership and hasn't won anything.

If folks don't get that...that's on them. Do I like seeing shouting matches on the sidelines?...No..not really. But the vets I described can get away with it a lot more than young guys. The standing that Brady has in NE is higher than any player or coach, except for Belichick. And he's earned it.

Comment

I know that YA said that he isn't comparing and posted the meme as a joke. However, this does make for some interesting debate. IMO, there are no circumstances where it is OK for a player to scream at a coach, especially in the manner that Tom Brady did. I touched on the racial double standards in another thread, so I am not going to repeat that discussion. Tom Brady's accomplishments in my mind do not give him a license to blatantly disrespect his coach. The media itself seems pretty split on this. The players (former and current), however, do no think that it is cool. Our own player, OBJ, came out and basically said that there is a double standard. Why is Tom Brady a fiery competitor when he does something like that but Cam Newton or OBJ are immature cancerous thugs if they even show any fire on the sidelines? Another example is Big Ben and AB. AB gets into a heated conversation with his QB and he is called a selfish diva. Big Ben shows up AB during a game for running the wrong route and no one says anything? If you don't think that there is a double standard, I don't know what else to tell you.
            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              The bottom line is that the relationship between a coach and player can change over the course of a players career. A guy who has been a leader of the team, and has won championships and had tremendous success has much different standing than a guy who is young, has yet to show any real leadership and hasn't won anything.

If folks don't get that...that's on them. Do I like seeing shouting matches on the sidelines?...No..not really. But the vets I described can get away with it a lot more than young guys. The standing that Brady has in NE is higher than any player or coach, except for Belichick. And he's earned it.
              I disagree. A player's success doesn't justify them showing up their coaches on the sidelines IMO. I'm not even going to try and convince you to change your mind. That's just how I feel about it.
              If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                I know that YA said that he isn't comparing and posted the meme as a joke. However, this does make for some interesting debate. IMO, there are no circumstances where it is OK for a player to scream at a coach, especially in the manner that Tom Brady did. I touched on the racial double standards in another thread, so I am not going to repeat that discussion. Tom Brady's accomplishments in my mind do not give him a license to blatantly disrespect his coach. The media itself seems pretty split on this. The players (former and current), however, do no think that it is cool. Our own player, OBJ, came out and basically said that there is a double standard. Why is Tom Brady a fiery competitor when he does something like that but Cam Newton or OBJ are immature cancerous thugs if they even show any fire on the sidelines? Another example is Big Ben and AB. AB gets into a heated conversation with his QB and he is called a selfish diva. Big Ben shows up AB during a game for running the wrong route and no one says anything? If you don't think that there is a double standard, I don't know what else to tell you.
                You make some valid points and i agree with you that Brady going after the coach is extreme. Now yelling and screaming at teammates on the sidelines?? That to me is normal because of the emotion, passion, and flow of the game.....which by the way Brady does alot. I just flat out disagree with sports experts/analyst that says its ok for Brady to do it because hes won 5 championships.

Comment

I disagree. A player's success doesn't justify them showing up their coaches on the sidelines IMO. I'm not even going to try and convince you to change your mind. That's just how I feel about it.
                  A franchise QB can have some weight over the coach in some circumstances. It usually is, but does not always have to be a classical straight line superior-subordinate relationship. Example, 3-time SB winning QB Troy Aikman ran head coach Chan Bailey out of Dallas despite going 2 for 2 in making the playoffs because Jerry Jones obviously sided with his 3-time SB winning QB. Winning multiple SBs is going to give a QB more merit than players and sometimes head coaches that don't whether people like it or not. You don't have to convince anyone. People can look at things differently.

Comment

Not the success...it's the leadership he's shown and the standing he's earned.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

shouting matches on the sideline are almost as common as Gatorade

it is part of the game

by the time everyone is showered up it is forgotten ... everyone involved knows it is simply the heat of the moment

I've sat right behind the bench for decades ... I see it almost every game to some extent

someone blew a coverage ... guys come off jawing at each other ... someone slams their helmet onto the warmer ... the coach comes over to cool everyone down ... the player yells at him explaining whats going on ... 5 minutes later ... nothing

someone gives up a couple sacks ... guys sit down yelling at each other ... sometimes the QB may come over telling them to get their **** together ... whatever ... 5 minutes later ... all love

player gets injured and the doctors are trying to keep them from going back in the game ... the player has a fit and starts yelling at the doctors and coaches ... they take his helmet and he blows a gasket .... 5 minutes later ... nothing ... over

etc etc etc etc etc etc

happens constantly ... not sure I have ever been to a game in my life where it did not happen at least once

exactly as Brady said after the game ... that's football

Comment

Working...
                      X