George Young was right.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Young was right.......

I remember an interview on the radio with George Young after he retired where he said one of his biggest regrets was how Ray Handley was so badly villainized by the NY media and Giants fans in general. He was cast in an impossible situation after Bill Parcells bailed after the draft in 1991. BB was gone to Cleveland, Ron Erhardt was gone.....so Handley was put in a situation he was not suited for.
    Handley was a good coach, but a terrible head coach. 99.9% of all human beings would be bad NFL head coaches.
    It wasn't his fault. he deserved criticism but he didn't deserve the infamy associated with his name.

So now we have Ben McAdoo. He is a QB coach and a good one. He helped develop Aaron Rodgers. he won a super bowl in that role in GB.
    So he's NOT a good head coach. he's not suited for the job. Again...NO poster here is either. It doesn't make him a bad person.

I won't tell anyone what to do or feel. I will only say what I am going to do. I'm going to chalk it up to a good football man, poorly suited for the job he had.
    I won't call him any names or make odd revisions to his last name. he was a bad head coach. It's not a crime.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Measured, reasonable and accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I remember an interview on the radio with George Young after he retired where he said one of his biggest regrets was how Ray Handley was so badly villainized by the NY media and Giants fans in general. He was cast in an impossible situation after Bill Parcells bailed after the draft in 1991. BB was gone to Cleveland, Ron Erhardt was gone.....so Handley was put in a situation he was not suited for.
      Handley was a good coach, but a terrible head coach. 99.9% of all human beings would be bad NFL head coaches.
      It wasn't his fault. he deserved criticism but he didn't deserve the infamy associated with his name.

So now we have Ben McAdoo. He is a QB coach and a good one. He helped develop Aaron Rodgers. he won a super bowl in that role in GB.
      So he's NOT a good head coach. he's not suited for the job. Again...NO poster here is either. It doesn't make him a bad person.

I won't tell anyone what to do or feel. I will only say what I am going to do. I'm going to chalk it up to a good football man, poorly suited for the job he had.
      I won't call him any names or make odd revisions to his last name. he was a bad head coach. It's not a crime.
      Who are you and what did you do with the real MS?
      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
        Who are you and what did you do with the real MS?
        I shot him and replaced him with a much better looking version.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Nice post but I don't agree with you.

I would be an excellent head coach. I would also be an awesome President of the United States.

Just so ya know.

Comment

Nicely said but my opinion has not changed . He is an idiot. The reason he is an idiot is because he lacks humility. Intellectual Arrogance is a form of ignorance. That makes him a fool. That is my assessment of him.
            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Much kinder version to it seems. I want the previous version back.
              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

He will always be the macadoodle!

Comment

He took control of our offense and the results speak for themselves.

He got involved in our defense and we saw the result of that as well.

I'm not here to kick the guy while he's down, but he obviously was in over his head.

Comment

Worst offensive gameplan in the history of the nfl.

That is not hyperbole. WORST ****ING OFFENSIVE SYSTEM IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL when factoring the opposition.

I'm glad he is gone. He has plenty of capital to enter any business venture he would like. I wish him all the success and happiness he can muster.

Thank. ****ing. Football gods. He is gone. Thank. ****.

AND HE TOOK REESE WITH HIM!! DILLY DILLY

Comment

He was a bad head coach and he was fired for being a bad head coach. It’s a crime against the fans and he’s paying for it by losing his job. He was too arrogant to admit mistakes. It took him forever to give up play calling duties and only because he was forced to. He lost the locker room and anonymous players started badmouthing his biased treatment of players...plus he is tone deaf. And if you can’t relate and communicate properly esp when you’re losing, then you’re just alienating your players and the fans. Then he makes a decision that is supposed to be for the “greater good” of the organization and he totally botched it because he’s clueless, unsympathetic and ruthless.

Comment

To some end I agree with this.

When Mac was hired, a part of me thought it possibly might not end well for anybody.

He inherited an aging, franchise QB with a big contract and his boss's draft record had been spotty the few years prior.

From an ownership end, the biggest mistake they made was not letting TC benefit from the FA injection of talent. Had that happened a year earlier, Mac might just be taking on the HC position now.
                        my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

How hard could that be?
                          eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

1)Rodgers won the Super Bowl in 2011.
                            2) Tom Clements was the QB coach. Joel Philbin was OC.
                            3) Mc Adoo was TE coach.
                            4 )Mc Adoo became QB coach in 2012

Comment

nice post

but how did he help develop Rodgers?

Aaron was a pro bowler and super bowl champion befor Ben had anything to do with quarterbacks

Comment

Working...
                              X