No announcement yet.

George Young was right.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't blame the guy for accepting a job he must have always aspired to. I also hope he finds a new job soon so he can continue to support himself and family.

But I am glad it's not with us moving forward, I really hated the way he represented this franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmanfrom58 View Post

Emphatically NO! Some have said all NFL coaches have inflated egos, and all are the smartest man in the room. While it is probably true that they have outside egos, but the good and great ones are also smart enough to adapt and learn from their mistakes. That's something Mac wouldn't or couldn't do. As for he's a nice guy with a family, well yea but so are the players on the team, nice guys with families. It's between the lines that counts, and anybody paying attention knows we've been subjected to cruel and unusual punishment watching this mans body of work. After benching Eli, I seriously doubt any owner would ever consider him for a job. They've had their meeting in New York this week, and I'm sure Mara had a few choice words on coach Mac, with his group of cronies. Just like Kaepernick has been blackballed I'm pretty sure Mac gets similar treatment. Who in their right mind wants a divisive figure in the clubhouse?
      So you think Mac was wholly responsible for the Eli debacle?

Mara admitted he brought up the idea to Mac. Mac told Mara he and Reese had been discussing it also.

Why would Mara have choice words to Mac for something Mara brought up in the first place?

Think about that.

Fan since 1970.
      ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
      "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

I would not write off Ben McAdoo as a HC
        Despite incredible insubordination and having to play a QB who did not fit his system (some would argue the new NFL)
        Ben cobbled together an 11-5 year

He retained his core values and went out like a man.....his team still fighting hard in his last game as NYG HC. You guys didn't hate Ben you hated the losing and the fact the QBs wheels finally fell off.

Ben will get another shot but whoever comes in here faces a near impossible task. When the mob rules the usual result is someone gets hung
        in this case 2 guys were hung. I will always admire Ben for having the nerve to sit a Manning.....Mannings always get their way, ask San Diego.

Mob rule and an ancient immobile QB means any quality GMs and HCSs will avoid this franchise like the plague

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          I remember an interview on the radio with George Young after he retired where he said one of his biggest regrets was how Ray Handley was so badly villainized by the NY media and Giants fans in general. He was cast in an impossible situation after Bill Parcells bailed after the draft in 1991. BB was gone to Cleveland, Ron Erhardt was gone.....so Handley was put in a situation he was not suited for.
          This is incorrect information. Erhardt was promoted to AHC and Handley to OC after the season and before BP left. Handley was then immediately promoted to HC over Erhardt. Handley was in an impossible situation and was set up to fail, but Erhardt wasn't gone. The mistake they made once BP and BB were gone was not promoting Erhardt, who I believe had been a HC before, and allowing Handley to get some experience as an OC.

Comment

I remember an interview on the radio with George Young after he retired where he said one of his biggest regrets was how Ray Handley was so badly villainized by the NY media and Giants fans in general. He was cast in an impossible situation after Bill Parcells bailed after the draft in 1991. BB was gone to Cleveland, Ron Erhardt was gone.....so Handley was put in a situation he was not suited for.
            Handley was a good coach, but a terrible head coach. 99.9% of all human beings would be bad NFL head coaches.
            It wasn't his fault. he deserved criticism but he didn't deserve the infamy associated with his name.

So now we have Ben McAdoo. He is a QB coach and a good one. He helped develop Aaron Rodgers. he won a super bowl in that role in GB.
            So he's NOT a good head coach. he's not suited for the job. Again...NO poster here is either. It doesn't make him a bad person.

I won't tell anyone what to do or feel. I will only say what I am going to do. I'm going to chalk it up to a good football man, poorly suited for the job he had.
            I won't call him any names or make odd revisions to his last name. he was a bad head coach. It's not a crime.
            Besides being factually incorrect, McAdoo was the TE and not the OC or QB coach, I don't agree with your evaluation, but it is not unreasonable to request we not continue to bash McAdoo. He and is tube of Brylcream are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
              This is incorrect information. Erhardt was promoted to AHC and Handley to OC after the season and before BP left. Handley was then immediately promoted to HC over Erhardt. Handley was in an impossible situation and was set up to fail, but Erhardt wasn't gone. The mistake they made once BP and BB were gone was not promoting Erhardt, who I believe had been a HC before, and allowing Handley to get some experience as an OC.
              You are right young lady...he didn't go to Pittsburgh until 92. He obviously didn't want the job though.
              Either way the point is that Handley was cast in a position where it would have been very difficult for him to succeed. That came as a product of Parcells desire to stick it to the Giants and George Young.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Always be known as "Coach menu" in my book. Hopefully the Giants took both him & Reese for a tour of the Giants dungeons. Dilly, Dilly!

Comment

You are right young lady...he didn't go to Pittsburgh until 92. He obviously didn't want the job though.
                  Either way the point is that Handley was cast in a position where it would have been very difficult for him to succeed. That came as a product of Parcells desire to stick it to the Giants and George Young.
                  I agree and I agree with the gist of your original post, but it wouldn't be me to let inconsequential inaccuracies slide because.....well honestly IDK why I do that, I just do.

My feeling on BM is he did a terrible job here and I never liked the hire in the first place. I am glad the team has moved on, but I don't like to bash the guy. I'm sure he did his best. To do your best in a position that has been your goal for a while, only to fail miserably like that has to be a major blow to the guy emotionally. I'd prefer the fans to move on to what's coming, now that what was wanted has happened.

Comment

A couple of guys are sitting around a table having lunch. Big cheese says "I wonder what Webb has?, have you thought about him at all?" Mid- level yes man" well it was really a reach with him, he needs some work, but in the long run he'll be OK, trust me" Low level *** kisser "Yea, but you know Geno has looked real good on the scout team, I wonder if he might spark these guys along" Big Cheese "Well why not run that by Eli, see what he has to say, maybe we throw him in late in a game if it's out of reach. Get back to me and let me know what Eli decides. I'll be busy in NY for the next few days. Keep me posted"
                    I wonder if that's not how it went down, just a casual lunch and Boom, blindsided owner is more than a little pissed, but he has to bite his tongue so as not to look like he was sucker punched.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post

He was a bad head coach and he was fired for being a bad head coach. It’s a crime against the fans and he’s paying for it by losing his job. He was too arrogant to admit mistakes. It took him forever to give up play calling duties and only because he was forced to. He lost the locker room and anonymous players started badmouthing his biased treatment of players...plus he is tone deaf. And if you can’t relate and communicate properly esp when you’re losing, then you’re just alienating your players and the fans. Then he makes a decision that is supposed to be for the “greater good” of the organization and he totally botched it because he’s clueless, unsympathetic and ruthless.
                      I know forgiving Ben is not in vogue on the message board right now, and I'm not very knowledgeable about these things, but I feel like standing up for him.
                      Okay, so he was "tone deaf". Lots of the great coach's-Parcells, Belichik, Lombardi (different era) have used the stern approach. Staying steady and focused on brass tacks is the coaches responsibility.
                      By the way, have you heard what Parcells did to Hostetler after the '90 NFC championship game? It was way inconsiderate. He ordered the buses to leave for the airport knowing the heroic Hostetler was not on board yet. Nasty.
                      I will not jump on the bandwagon to tar and feather Ben Macadoo. I'm sorry, I just will not do it.
                      Maybe OBJ should be sighted for more blame than he seems to get. His selfish frivolous ways have undercut team unity and appropriate Coach-Players relations.

Comment

He wasn't a bad OC either. I think the guy can be successful as a QB coach or OC, just not a head coach.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                          X