Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This John Mara comment is important one for Giants' coaching search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This John Mara comment is important one for Giants' coaching search

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

    Excerpt: "Everyone loves the big names when it comes to a NFL coaching search.

    Those big names usually love the idea of calling all the shots.

    Which is why one of John Mara's comments during his press conference after firing Giants head coach Ben McAdoo and general manager Jerry Reese should be noted.

    The co-owner was asked whether he was committed to a division between the coaching and personnel sides of the building, or if he were open to the idea of giving personnel control to the right head coach. His answer was telling.

    "My very strong preference is to maintain that traditional separation," Mara said, "but again, I would never say never if the right candidate was there."" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    I guess Chip Kelly is already out of the running for the next Giants head coach. Nothing wrong with that. lol...

    Comment


    • #3
      meaning he wont hire a real hc because he wants control over who plays and who doesn't. smh

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the way the Giants do it is fine. What I do NOT like is that the GM doesn't get to pick the head coach. That is a major problem.
        I find it hard to believe that outstanding GM candidates would want to walk into that situation.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          I think the way the Giants do it is fine. What I do NOT like is that the GM doesn't get to pick the head coach. That is a major problem.
          I find it hard to believe that outstanding GM candidates would want to walk into that situation.
          the gm doesnt get to pick the hc the hc doesnt get to pick who starts, and if mara says one thing to do and there is backlash the gm and coach are fired. lol who wants to sign up for that?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
            I guess Chip Kelly is already out of the running for the next Giants head coach. Nothing wrong with that. lol...
            this scary it means he might be going low key in house

            Comment


            • #7
              Not many coaches want to call their own draft picks....Hard enough to manage both sides of the ball...Belichick and Andy Reid, are the two guys I think can pull it off.
              Long Live the King

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                I think the way the Giants do it is fine. What I do NOT like is that the GM doesn't get to pick the head coach. That is a major problem.
                I find it hard to believe that outstanding GM candidates would want to walk into that situation.
                Ya think, especially knowing that Mara is a proven liar?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

                  Ya think, especially knowing that Mara is a proven liar?
                  i just watched the presser, he said "ben presented me with the idea(having eli sit the half) and that they haven't decided who will start sunday. what a crock , they already know they want eli to start at 2-10 they want to give the home fans some reason to cheer ( avg fans easily fooled and gullible ) we are eliminate doesnt matter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    I think the way the Giants do it is fine. What I do NOT like is that the GM doesn't get to pick the head coach. That is a major problem.
                    I find it hard to believe that outstanding GM candidates would want to walk into that situation.
                    I've never read that. i was always under the impression that ownership is consulted but the GM ultimately makes the recommendation.
                    Last edited by CDN_G-FAN; 12-04-2017, 11:44 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                      the gm doesnt get to pick the hc the hc doesnt get to pick who starts, and if mara says one thing to do and there is backlash the gm and coach are fired. lol who wants to sign up for that?
                      I would and I know what to do.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Harooni View Post

                        i just watched the presser, he said "ben presented me with the idea(having eli sit the half) and that they haven't decided who will start sunday. what a crock , they already know they want eli to start at 2-10 they want to give the home fans some reason to cheer ( avg fans easily fooled and gullible ) we are eliminate doesnt matter.
                        obviously.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

                          I've never read that. i was always under the impression that ownership is consulted but the GM ultimately makes the recommendation.
                          No sir. The owner picks the HC.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            the gm doesnt get to pick the hc the hc doesnt get to pick who starts, and if mara says one thing to do and there is backlash the gm and coach are fired. lol who wants to sign up for that?
                            Think they were fired because Reese has been pretty bad as far as the draft goes and MacAdope needs more seasoning he did not handle adversity well at all.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Harooni View Post

                              i just watched the presser, he said "ben presented me with the idea(having eli sit the half) and that they haven't decided who will start sunday. what a crock , they already know they want eli to start at 2-10 they want to give the home fans some reason to cheer ( avg fans easily fooled and gullible ) we are eliminate doesnt matter.
                              what does matter is they might draft a linebacker even a decent OL now that they started to revamp the front office lets see who they come up with.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X