This John Mara comment is important one for Giants' coaching search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You are incorrect sir. The owner PICKS the HC.
    Ernie Accorsi was absolutely opposed to the hiring of Tom Coughlin...read his book. The decision to hire McAdoo was all on John Mara.
    Beat me to it. See above, and above above

Comment

No sir. The owner picks the HC.
      He doesnt pick the HC. He does have veto power over an HC he absolutely doesnt want.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Beat me to it. See above, and above above
        Some fans actually think that JR picked Ben McAdoo. Folks see what they want to see.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Mara has to grow some backbone if we are to succeed going forward

His stadium is sold out, and his tv revenue assured

no need to panic when Mike Francesca and the mob rule disagree with you

Comment

I think the way the Giants do it is fine. What I do NOT like is that the GM doesn't get to pick the head coach. That is a major problem.
            I find it hard to believe that outstanding GM candidates would want to walk into that situation.
            100% right

Comment

What I do NOT like is that the GM doesn't get to pick the head coach.
              Perhaps this is about to change.

Comment

Some fans actually think that JR picked Ben McAdoo. Folks see what they want to see.
                100% right again

Comment

I know. I stopped bothering with those discussions.

This isnít secret information.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

Perhaps this is about to change.
                    That is always possible. I actually think it will HAVE to if they want the best candidate.

Comment

Mara has to give up control to a real GM, but with his statement about big names and keeping the same way they do things. suggests to me he is going to want guys (probably in house)

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        Mara has to give up control to a real GM, but with his statement about big names and keeping the same way they do things. suggests to me he is going to want guys (probably in house)
                        I don't see that at all. Just because he discredited "big names" doesn't mean he's not going outside the team.
                        I would actually be shocked if he hired from inside. He blew up the team by firing JR along with McAdoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          meaning he wont hire a real hc because he wants control over who plays and who doesn't. smh
                          Tom Coughlin was a real Head Coach.

John Mara VERY strongly recommended him to Wellington.

So much for that theory Harooni.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Against the wishes of Ernie Accorsi...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

thats true, but TC went along with how mara wants to do things , and maybe after TC (mc hire) he realized he would rather have it this way. we will see. i just dont like the comments. Hc have big names because they have mostly done something.

Comment

anyone catch on monday night where gruden hinted at interest in the giants if Eli comes back?
                                i know folks are about 50/50 with him, but he has been analyzing so many games for so long, youd have to think hes got a lot of fresh ideas now.
                                with some holes filled, a somewhat healthier team, gruden coaching eli...meh, id take it, see what happens, i bet we'd be damn competitive at least.

to me, the number 1 problem with this team has been heart...

i cant picture a gruden team sleepwalking through a game the way the giants have been for many years really.

Comment

Working...
                                X