Jpp contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jpp contract

How much does it cost/save the giants to cut him in the off season? How he is making top 10 dlinemen money is beyond me.
    [SIGPIC]

He has trade value if the NYG want to part ways with him.

Comment

Avery Moss and Romeo Okara can do the same things, but cheaper at this point....The one armed bandit robbed us big time
      Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
        How much does it cost/save the giants to cut him in the off season? How he is making top 10 dlinemen money is beyond me.
        sad to say Marshall Newhouse kept him in check,he and Vernon are way over paid,Vernon is getting JJ Watt money.

Comment

The JPP cap hit is murder for us. We have no choice but to keep him, for at least another season and probably two.
          He is a disgrace. He has been completely invisible this season.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
            Avery Moss and Romeo Okara can do the same things, but cheaper at this point....The one armed bandit robbed us big time
            I don't GET what you see in Okwara, he is NOTHING more than a rotational player. Moss at this point is better AND has MORE potential. PLAY him over that OVERPAID 4 fingered DE!
            ★★★Mark Herzlich Crew★★★

Comment

Not going to happen! JPP not going anywhere! They will just get a new DC who can use him better. JPP not playing BAD, still good against the run, he is just more of a Bull Rusher now he no longer has that burst off the edge that he had Pre Hand Injury. JPP will be fine I think with the right creative DC that will move him and Vernon around and get creative with them and put them in position to make more plays.
              Last edited by Sicko; 12-05-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

JPP waves hello

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                  Not going to happen! JPP not going anywhere! They will just get a new DC who can use him better. JPP not playing BAD, still good against the run, he is just more of a Bull Rusher now he no longer has that burst off the edge that he had Pre Hand Injury. JPP will be fine I think with the right creative DC that will move him and Vernon around and get creative with them and put them in position to make more plays.
                  He was owned by Marshall Newhouse. How are they going to "use him better?"
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Something that has not been talked about hardly at all is what a disappointment JPP has been this year. The second half of last season, before he got hurt he was really playing well. He truly has been nearly invisible this year and to me and big missing piece in the defense, along with the poor line backer play (which really was better last season than I think people realize). Now injuries have certainly played a part, but JPP has been relatively healthy all season.

He has his best games against inferior players and back-ups. And I don't think he has been as good against the run this year as in the past- and that was probably always his biggest strength.

Hearing him laughing and joking in the locker room when Eli was being interviewed and nearly tearing up didn't sit well with me at all. Not that it's a big deal, maybe just shows his true character......

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                      I love how we have to stay someone who is getting paid top 10 money is not playing bad. Great top 10 players don't need a creative dc. They beat the tackle and make a sack
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                        He didn't rob anyone, that damn fool Reese just handed out Mara's money like it was just monopoly money. Only a talentless clown like JR could possibly think this guy was worth that, no other team would have offered him anywhere near that. I would have laughed in his face if I was GM and they came to me saying he wanted that.

Comment

I wish I could bring up the thread where myself and anyone else against the JPP contract were flamed for it. The writing was on the wall. He didn't do jack last year other than against two of the worst teams in the league and got usual injury. Then he goes on to demand a high dollar contract and said "I done proved it" when in actuality he proved nothing other then he is injury prone. I wanted to let him walk then and would love to let him walk now. Thanks for your past services JPP but you are and have been washed up for awhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

He was owned by Marshall Newhouse. How are they going to "use him better?"
                            You would be surprised what good Coaching can do! Good Coaching can not only help JPP but also help get Eli back on track as well even at 36 soon to be 37. We just played the Raiders for example, Khalil Mack was coming from EVERYWHERE! Left Side, Right Side, Up The Middle, I think you have to use Vernon and JPP the same.

Also I honestly wouldn't mind a 3-4 Switch with JPP working inside more as a 3-4 Defensive End with Snacks as the Nose Tackle and Tomlinson as the other 3-4 Defensive End with Vernon playing Rush Outside Linebacker and standing up more.

Just some thoughts! Serious doubt JPP will be Cut or Traded though if it is even possible.
                            Last edited by Sicko; 12-05-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
                              I wish I could bring up the thread where myself and anyone else against the JPP contract were flamed for it. The writing was on the wall. He didn't do jack last year other than against two of the worst teams in the league and got usual injury. Then he goes on to demand a high dollar contract and said "I done proved it" when in actuality he proved nothing other then he is injury prone. I wanted to let him walk then and would love to let him walk now. Thanks for your past services JPP but you are and have been washed up for awhile now.
                              I said the same thing over the off season. I was not a fan of giving an often injuried player a large contract. And he really did nothing outside of a couple of games last year.
                              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X