Jpp contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
    I wish I could bring up the thread where myself and anyone else against the JPP contract were flamed for it. The writing was on the wall. He didn't do jack last year other than against two of the worst teams in the league and got usual injury. Then he goes on to demand a high dollar contract and said "I done proved it" when in actuality he proved nothing other then he is injury prone. I wanted to let him walk then and would love to let him walk now. Thanks for your past services JPP but you are and have been washed up for awhile now.
    I don't remember what game it was (maybe Denver) but he sacked the QB and was so busy dancing and celebrating he didn't even see the ball was loose on the ground. The guy just doesn't have the same make-up the Strahan, Tuck or even Osi had. I don't know what it is, but it's not 2011 anymore that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

You would be surprised what good Coaching can do! Good Coaching can not only help JPP but also help get Eli back on track as well even at 36 soon to be 37. We just played the Raiders for example, Khalil Mach was coming from EVERYWHERE! Left Side, Right Side, Up The Middle, I think you have to use Vernon and JPP the same.

Also I honestly wouldn't mind a 3-4 Switch with JPP working inside more as a 3-4 Defensive End with Snacks as the Nose Tackle and Tomlinson as the other 3-4 Defensive End with Vernon playing Rush Outside Linebacker and standing up more.

Just some thoughts! Serious doubt JPP will be Cut or Traded though if it is even possible.
      JPP isn't worth a thing on the open market...not with that contract. Our new GM and HC are saddled with him, probably for at least two years.

I do agree about the coaching. Look at Marshall Newhouse. Under TC and McAdoo he was a "turnstile". Now he's a solid NFL RT.
      How did that happen?
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

I love how we have to stay someone who is getting paid top 10 money is not playing bad. Great top 10 players don't need a creative dc. They beat the tackle and make a sack
        Defense got Issues overall, the biggest one being consistency and that usually falls on coaching. Sometimes honestly it looks as if JPP and Vernon assignments are to contain and not rush so that is another thing too when you play a ton of Zone sometimes that is the Defensive End assignment is to contain forcing the QB to throw into confusing Zone Coverage. Even seen JPP, Vernon even big Snacks drop in Zone Coverage so we don't know what assignment they're given from Spags in that Zone Heavy Defense.

Fresh Start and a more simple scheme might make a world of difference we shall see next season depending on who they hire!

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

Defense got Issues overall, the biggest one being consistency and that usually falls on coaching. Sometimes honestly it looks as if JPP and Vernon assignments are to contain and not rush so that is another thing too when you play a tone of Zone sometimes that is the Defensive End assignment is to contain. Even seen JPP, Vernon even big Snacks drop in Zone Coverage so what don't know what assignment they're given from Spags in that Zone Heavy Defense.

Fresh Start and a more simple scheme might make a world of difference we shall see next season depending on who they hire!
          I think you make some good points, and I think maybe we will eventually find out that McAdoo had a hand in the defensive scheme this year more than last year. Even Landon Collins said they wanted to be playing more man and less zone- like last year. Maybe that was a factor in the defense taking a step back this year.

Comment

The thing with guys like JPP, Flowers, and Apple who are not performing up to their contract or draft slot now is that they really aren't safe. A new GM will have no problem cutting bait/moving on from Reese's errors. I can see JPP and Apple being put on the trade block. Both guys still have some value. As for Flowers, it would not make much sense to cut him in this offseason as it would actually save the Giants no money whatsoever. Might as well keep him as depth/try him at RT.

Comment

Never should have signed him to new contract was great 1 year (with all fingers) not so much year to date with all fingers and terrible with half.
              That's one of the troubles with this ORG hold onto people to long. Not like NE let people go when they either don't produce or their service has diminished ( Vince Walfolk for example

Comment

Originally posted by Giggling View Post

I don't GET what you see in Okwara, he is NOTHING more than a rotational player. Moss at this point is better AND has MORE potential. PLAY him over that OVERPAID 4 fingered DE!
                I meant their combined talents = JPP.

Romeo is better against the run, Avery is a better pass rusher. Throw in Kerry Wynn, and we can get that same productivity at a cheaper price. Both of our DE's are overpaid IMO
                Long Live the King

Comment

Maybe the player is just on the decline. It happens ya know.
                  If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post

He didn't rob anyone, that damn fool Reese just handed out Mara's money like it was just monopoly money. Only a talentless clown like JR could possibly think this guy was worth that, no other team would have offered him anywhere near that. I would have laughed in his face if I was GM and they came to me saying he wanted that.
                    Yes. I saw JPP disappear in spots prior to his accident. In 2011 he was a monster, but after that seemed that he had to be motivated to play all out. He became a non factor vs Tyron Smith. Once they got Vernon they moved him to the other side which helped his play somewhat. I was very against the huge new contract for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      Maybe the player is just on the decline. It happens ya know.
                      True, maybe all the injuries have caught up with him.

Comment

he produces twice as much as Vernon....the whole defense sucks right now. JPP still a scary dude and teams respect him. They just bring no pressure though. JPP and Vernon are not big pass rushers and better well rounded DEs

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

JPP isn't worth a thing on the open market...not with that contract. Our new GM and HC are saddled with him, probably for at least two years.

I do agree about the coaching. Look at Marshall Newhouse. Under TC and McAdoo he was a "turnstile". Now he's a solid NFL RT.
                          How did that happen?
                          Coaching. Look at how the OL regressed when Solari came here.
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Pierre-Paul is still a good player and serviceable. His contract was a mistake (which a lot of us thought at the time) and a desperate move by Reese. I think a lot of the defense shut it down early this year. Maybe, if the offense can move the ball next year, he can come back with renewed motivation.

sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                              Pierre-Paul is still a good player and serviceable. His contract was a mistake (which a lot of us thought at the time) and a desperate move by Reese. I think a lot of the defense shut it down early this year. Maybe, if the offense can move the ball next year, he can come back with renewed motivation.

Lets hope so. I did see it on his face a few times how little time the O kept the ball.

Comment

Not for nothing, but the vast majority of folks on this MB preferred to keep JPP over Hankins. It wasn't even close, and those folks were willing to pay a kings ransom at the time. This is a case of hindsight being 20/20.

Honestly, I think JPP is still a good player. He is what he's always been, a great run defender who can create pressure at times. In my opinion, I think many of his "issues" stem from two things. The fact we're in the bottom 5 of the NFL when it comes to TOP offensively, and the fact he's played more snaps than any other DL in the NFL (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts). He's got to be exhausted.

Seriously, it seems like our defense is always on the field. Our offense's inability to sustain drives, which is a direct reflection on how bad our OL is, has crippled not only JPP but our entire defense.
                                NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                                Garrett Bolles - OT
                                David Njoku - TE
                                Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
                                X