Jpp contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plaxattack17 View Post

I hated the contract and also that we franchised him. It prevented us doing anything meaningful in free agency like addressing left tackle. Then we signed him to a huge contract which is murder on our cap. Although i was happy with his output last season, as soon as he held out on signing a deal we should have let him walk and used the money else where. To say i was stunned by how much we paid him is an understatement.
    You have to look last year as game by game not a season as a whole. He really had a couple good games vs bad teams and nothing else.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Food for thought, Was watching SNF when Carrie Underwood sings used to be Eli would be there Now it's JPP and i thought is that the best we have, to be featured on SNF The guy Sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

Khalil Mack is a top 5 defensive player in this league. JPP and Vernon are nowhere near that. The only thing Vernon has done successfully this year is disrespect the flag every Sunday and JPP is invisible. It's hard to fathom how much wasted money we have tied up in our two DEs.
        We shall see, I think good coaching, Schemes and Systems gets the best out of players, I still think Vernon and JPP are excellent Defensive Ends but consistency is something this Defense has issues with. Not just the Defense but this entire team struggles with consistency
        Last edited by Sicko; 12-07-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post
          Food for thought, Was watching SNF when Carrie Underwood sings used to be Eli would be there Now it's JPP and i thought is that the best we have, to be featured on SNF The guy Sucks
          Should probably be Collins.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

What does watching the entire game have to do with my comment? Are you denying that in several games this season the d has given up more than 10 points in the first half? And to answer your question yes I've watched the entire game. I've been to all 5 home games this year. I've watched our defense get shred to pieces. I've watched Joey bosa look like a superman and jpp look like a grandma in a wheel chair. I've watched Eli apple get beat. I've watched Landin Collins get beat in deep in coverage several times.
            Count the 3 and outs when as well

Comment

How much is his cap hit if hes traded

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
                How much is his cap hit if hes traded
                A trade is much different. It all depends on the terms of the trade. The giants could just try to do a salary dump. But the giants would still need to eat a good portion of the contract. It was a horrible deal. You don't give an aging, oftened injuried player a big contract.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Go to a 3-4 defense and make him gain 15 lbs and play the 5T. He still can play the run. Just not a good pass rusher.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                    Go to a 3-4 defense and make him gain 15 lbs and play the 5T. He still can play the run. Just not a good pass rusher.
                    i'm not familiar with the 3/4 as when i played we ran the 4-3. But that sounds like a good option. If we can get our moneys worth from JPP and improve our D, I'm all for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

We shall see, I think good coaching, Schemes and Systems gets the best out of players, I still think Vernon and JPP are excellent Defensive Ends but consistency is something this Defense has issues with. Not just the Defense but this entire team struggles with consistency
                      I get your point and I do agree, however, I think maybe you put a little to much stock into coaching. These guys are professional athletes, and while knowing and understading your players strengths and weaknesses and putting them in situations where they can excel does help the player, end of the day and the case with JPP he's a vet, not a rookie, he shouldn't have to be "coached up" is he's been pretty awful considering his paycheck. I mean how many times over the years has he lined accross a backup, a rookie, etc and just been shut out. The guy is/was highly overrated, sure he plays the run well, but asides from that the giants pass rush has been lacking for years now. looked a little better last season, mainly impart ot the blitzes dialed up by spags. I hope your right, we need more production out of JPP going forward.
                      Last edited by ALLnygIN; 12-11-2017, 01:31 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hire me as GM and the first thing I would do is waive JPP.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post
                          Hire me as GM and the first thing I would do is waive JPP.
                          If thatís the case, first trade Eli Apple to Saudi Arabia for a bag of sand.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Should probably be Collins.
                            Snacks!!

Comment

Working...
                            X