Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboys fan here....Opinions on the teams.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys fan here....Opinions on the teams.

First off, I'm a realist Cowboys fan, not a blind homer. I enjoy when fans from other teams post on our forum, so I thought I would return the favor.

QB's are equal. Both are playing great football this year. Eli has been on fire lately, even in the games the Giants lost, Eli has been on the money with his passes. His receivers drop perfect passes sometimes which is weird, especially when you see someone as good as Nicks drop them.

Offense: Is very close with these 2 teams. Both have great WR's and decent RB's. Dallas has the better TE and more depth at WR. Our offensive line, while not great, is a little better than the Giants. I give Dallas a slight advantage on overall offense.

Defense: Our secondary is shameful bad. There isn't anything we can do about it at this point either. The players are just terrible and need to go. We can't make them play better, they simply do not have what it takes. The Giants secondary is terrible right now too and will certainly get lit up on Sunday. Giants have a better defensive line. Only good players we have on the DL are Ware and Ratliff, and only Ware brings pressure to the QB. NY gets the edge here for sure.

On paper the Giants have the edge Sunday. Home turf, tougher team mentally, more experienced coaching staff, beat us once already, etc. But these two teams are both schizophrenic. You never know what you are going to get week to week and the Giants have played terrible at home this year. Lost to Seattle, Washington, Philly(with VY at QB), had very close games with Miami and Buffalo.

At the end of the day, these 2 teams both suck and need some serious revamping from coaching staff to players. Whoever wins, will probably win the first playoff game and get steam rolled in the 2nd one.

I can't even pick a winner in this game. It could easily go either way. As a Cowboys fan, I'm just hoping the game is similar to last year when we played there.

Re: Cowboys fan here....Opinions on the teams.

our teams are bi-polar

any current update on Romo's hand?

Comment

Agreed, they are both Bi-polar! There is zero concern about Romo's hand around here. He is 100% fine. They say the swelling has subsided completely. I'm sure the media will keep talking about it all the way till the game and even into the game, but he is fine. He will more than likely practice today as well.

Comment

I wouldnt say either team sucks, but are surely capable of that kind of play just as they are of all-time great play.

One of the biggest keys will be holding Witten to basically no production again. That was huge last game.

Comment

You know, Witten hasn't done too much the last couple of games. He is certainly due for a breakout game.

Comment

IMO it would be
            crazy to believe Romo's hand will not hurt him during this game. Of course the
            Cowboys will down play it, they aren't going to let on someone is hurt if the
            guy plans on playing. Romo is a tough dude, maybe he overcome's it to have a
            good game, that's always a possibility. I just can't see that hand not being a
            problem, especially if we can knock him down a few times and force him to land
            on it.

Comment

Both teams are very similar, which probably a lot of Giants fans don't want to admit. I don't think they suck by any means, I would say they are both good teams but lack any consistency. I can't explain why the Giants play so poorly at home, it's vert frustrating. You'd like to think you have an edge being at home but crazy as it sounds I almost wish it was in Dallas. Were undefeated in that stadium!

I think it comes down to coaching in this game because both teams know each other well and what their tendencies are. I'd like to think we have the edge there.

I guess we'll see.

Comment

It's not a big deal at all, but if anything he will use it to his advantage. If we lose, he can say his hand hurt him and he couldn't grip the ball like he normally does, if we win, he will say he had to fight through the pain and handle his business with a hurt hand.. and he will be a hero again.

Nobody around here is the slightest bit concerned about it though. It's will be a non factor in this game.

Comment

[quote user="ufcrules1"]First off, I'm a realist Cowboys fan, not a blind homer. I enjoy when fans from other teams post on our forum, so I thought I would return the favor. QB's are equal. Both are playing great football this year. Eli has been on fire lately, even in the games the Giants lost, Eli has been on the money with his passes. His receivers drop perfect passes sometimes which is weird, especially when you see someone as good as Nicks drop them. Offense: Is very close with these 2 teams. Both have great WR's and decent RB's. Dallas has the better TE and more depth at WR. Our offensive line, while not great, is a little better than the Giants. I give Dallas a slight advantage on overall offense. Defense: Our secondary is shameful bad. There isn't anything we can do about it at this point either. The players are just terrible and need to go. We can't make them play better, they simply do not have what it takes. The Giants secondary is terrible right now too and will certainly get lit up on Sunday. Giants have a better defensive line. Only good players we have on the DL are Ware and Ratliff, and only Ware brings pressure to the QB. NY gets the edge here for sure. On paper the Giants have the edge Sunday. Home turf, tougher team mentally, more experienced coaching staff, beat us once already, etc. But these two teams are both schizophrenic. You never know what you are going to get week to week and the Giants have played terrible at home this year. Lost to Seattle, Washington, Philly(with VY at QB), had very close games with Miami and Buffalo. At the end of the day, these 2 teams both suck and need some serious revamping from coaching staff to players. Whoever wins, will probably win the first playoff game and get steam rolled in the 2nd one. I can't even pick a winner in this game. It could easily go either way. As a Cowboys fan, I'm just hoping the game is similar to last year when we played there.[/quote]

Very objective analysis.

How is the loss of your starting OG going to affect your OL?

Comment

Giants have been switching it up though the past few games. Averaging 100+ on the ground the past 3 games which is a lot better then what they were doing early on. Plus last game, they switched to a more agressive man to man defense which was a hell of a lot better then the soft zone we were playing all year. But it might be too much to think our DC would stay with something that works. We have pretty solid WR depth, Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Barden.. I like those better thenAustin, Dez, Robinson... Cowboys clearly are better at LB and TE. Oline has started coming around as of late for the Giants. Coaching goes to the Giants by a large margin.

It all comes down to what team shows up. We could come out swinging, or fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

Cowboys have a team owner who does not seem to trust his coaches.... I think he does a disservice to his team by undermining the coach and showing up on the sideline in the 1st qtr of a game to offer his opinion.

Giants ownership trust Tom Coughlin.

Tom Coughlin is a veteran coach, Garret is just now getting his feet wet as a HC. I think JJ should share his opinions about the game before the game or after..... I believe it tarnishes his young coaches authority to do it during a game..

I am not saying this gives an advantage to NY in this game..... just an observation from an opposing teams fan.

Good luck.... Go Giants!!!!

Comment

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]

Cowboys have a team owner who does not seem to trust his coaches.... I think he does a disservice to his team by undermining the coach and showing up on the sideline in the 1st qtr of a game to offer his opinion.

Tom Coughlin is a veteran coach, Garret is just now getting his feet wet as a HC. I think JJ should share his opinions about the game before the game or after..... I believe it tarnishes his young coaches authority to do it during a game..

I am not saying this gives an advantage to NY in this game..... just an observation from an opposing teams fan.

[/quote]

Yes, I completely agree. JG has been learning as he goes and has lost 3 games for us with poor coaching/ clock management. It's very frustrating to say the least. With that said he has drafted some really good players and cut some bad ones. We have about 15 players we need to badly cut on this team. So there are going to be a lot of changes coming.

The edge with regards to coaching certainly goes to the Giants. TC is a little crazy but I like how he is a no BS coach. You don't show up for practice on time, or to watch film, etc. You get benched. He doesn't care who you are. I really like that.

With regards to WR depth, I think we have the advantage. Dez, Austin, and Robinson are all beasts. Robinson has come out of nowhere and has been our best WR this year, and that is saying a lot. Manningham and Ballard both have questionable hands and cannot completely be counted on. Robinson, Dez, and Robinson can. Also, we have Ogletree and Holley who can fill in at any time as well.

Comment

[quote user="ufcrules1"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

[/quote]

Yes, I completely agree. JG has been learning as he goes and has lost 3 games for us with poor coaching/ clock management. It's very frustrating to say the least. With that said he has drafted some really good players and cut some bad ones. We have about 15 players we need to badly cut on this team. So there are going to be a lot of changes coming.

The edge with regards to coaching certainly goes to the Giants. TC is a little crazy but I like how he is a no BS coach. You don't show up for practice on time, or to watch film, etc. You get benched. He doesn't care who you are. I really like that.

With regards to WR depth, I think we have the advantage. Dez, Austin, and Robinson are all beasts. Robinson has come out of nowhere and has been our best WR this year, and that is saying a lot. Manningham and Ballard both have questionable hands and cannot completely be counted on. Robinson, Dez, and Robinson can. Also, we have Ogletree and Holley who can fill in at any time as well.[/quote]

Ballard seems to be pretty reliable. He's made some big time catches. Certainly an upgrade over Kevin Boss, maybe even Shockey since there's no attitude.

If you include Witten, THEN I'd give the edge to Dallas in receiving. The 3 WRs in Dallas are certainly more balanced in production, but I'm not sure they're overall better. I'd give Nicks the edge over Bryant right now. Cruz over Austin (although it's slight and very temporary). But Robinson over Manningham by a lot.

Comment

Gmenagain,

Hard to say, we have Kowalksi who is a rookie but has looked good. He has filled in several times this year and has held his own.

Comment

[quote user="ufcrules1"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]

[/quote]

With regards to WR depth, I think we have the advantage. Dez, Austin, and Robinson are all beasts. Robinson has come out of nowhere and has been our best WR this year, and that is saying a lot. Manningham and Ballard both have questionable hands and cannot completely be counted on. Robinson, Dez, and Robinson can. Also, we have Ogletree and Holley who can fill in at any time as well.[/quote]

I give the recieving edge to
                              the Giants. Manningham is so good sometimes he drops balls on purpose because he
                              knows if he caught the pass, he'd score and then he would give the other teams
                              offense too much time to score & win. Who on Dallas is good enough to be
                              able to do that?!

In all seriousness, for W17,
                              combining TEs & WRs I have to give the edge to Dallas. We don't even know
                              as of now if MM/Ballard will play and if they do, how effective will they
                              be?

Comment

Working...
                              X