Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning tells Steve Spagnuolo he wants to be the Giants' starting quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning tells Steve Spagnuolo he wants to be the Giants' starting quarterback

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3676673

Excerpt: "Eli Manning to Giants: Put me back in, coach!

Hours after Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese were shown the door and a week after he was benched for Geno Smith, Manning immediately made his feelings known to interim head coach Steve Spagnolo about his future.

“I told him I wanted to be starting quarterback and wanted to be out there and win these four games,” said Manning to WFAN’s Mike Francesa. “He’ll talk to the offensive guys and there’s a lot to discuss there and handle, but I’ll be ready for the Cowboys.”

A report surfaced early Monday that Manning would be the starter again but Giants co-owner John Mara shot that down, saying he had no knowledge of that but it would be Spagnuolo’s decision." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Mara lol pinocchio , he knows dang well he wants eli to start so fans dont go nuts at home. this was all orchestrated as such. that decision was already made , also eli made it clear he wont start with any other qb coming in later,

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      Mara lol pinocchio , he knows dang well he wants eli to start so fans dont go nuts at home. this was all orchestrated as such. that decision was already made , also eli made it clear he wont start with any other qb coming in later,
      Kind of strange it hasn't been announced by now though yes?

The saga of Eli is not over. It's only just begun.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Kind of strange it hasn't been announced by now though yes?

The saga of Eli is not over. It's only just begun.
        tomorrow it will be official

Comment

Eli deserves at least that The guy has done so much for us.
          You season ticket holders I'm envious of you, the Stadium is going to be CRAZY come Sunday

Comment

haha What else would he say? "Ehh, Ben was right."

Comment

my sources from inside the building told me yesterday minutes after Spagnuolo was named interim that he was stating how he wanted Eli as his QB

they also told me last week that both Sullivan and Spagnuolo were firmly against Eli not starting and playing the entire game last week

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                my sources from inside the building told me yesterday minutes after Spagnuolo was named interim that he was stating how he wanted Eli as his QB

they also told me last week that both Sullivan and Spagnuolo were firmly against Eli not starting and playing the entire game last week
                you are close to the team, just 2 days ago you were up in arms, , you are strangely calm now, lol we know the decision was already made.

Comment

Hopefully they don't give Spagnuolo the job full time.
                  sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

If Webb doesn't play these last 4 games at all we might as well cut him. Very disappointing this team does not care about it's future.
                    I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      If Webb doesn't play these last 4 games at all we might as well cut him. Very disappointing
                      he wont play, eli made it clear he will not start if not for the full game. we wont see him in these meaningless games at all. to be fair he may not be grasping things well, we may not have seen him at all anyway.

Comment

then both Sullivan and spagnuolo are yes men
                        Ben had rare courage

I hope Eli takes Sullivan and Spags with him to JAX
                        After the bell finally tolls

Comment

If anyone but Eli Manning was starting Sunday Giants fans would literally set Metlife on fire.....although first they'd probably jump the field and take Spags head off.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

then both Sullivan and spagnuolo are yes men
                            Ben had rare courage

I hope Eli takes Sullivan and Spags with him to JAX
                            After the bell finally tolls
                            GODDAMN YOU ARE SO FRIGGIN ANNOYING SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

[QUOTE=Harooni;n3024176]

he wont play, eli made it clear he will not start if not for the full game. we wont see him in these meaningless games at all. to be fair he may not be grasping things well, we may not have seen him at all anyway. [/QUOTE

if we cut him will he clear waivers

Id actually. Like to see him go Patriots and cram it down Giant Managements throats when he succeeds Brady

we can look forward now to Eli breaking his new ironman streak of 25 , 3 and outs

I cannot believe how Mara caved like a wet tent

Comment

Working...
                              X