Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning tells Steve Spagnuolo he wants to be the Giants' starting quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Why? He's a backup quarterback! You don't usually play your backup quarterback unless your starting quarterback is injured.
    In normal circumstances, sure. But with Eli one foot out the door, a top 2 draft pick with some top heavy QBs, and a 2-10 record, there is no reason not to see if the QB we just drafted in the 3rd round has "it". Unless they see him at practice and are seeing a complete bust who cant throw a football already.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post

Eli "sweeped" Webb. Poor gramnar aside, that exchange had deep meaning n meant to shut up the "play Webb" fans. Perhaps, Eli may want to win these last 4 games just to screw up the chance for the Giants to draft of a QB.
      eli is calculated, have to give him more credit, very cunning, he orchestrated it well to get back to starting a full game and to come out looking good. and i have no doubt we will win a few just so we cant get a top 5 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

In normal circumstances, sure. But with Eli one foot out the door, a top 2 draft pick with some top heavy QBs, and a 2-10 record, there is no reason not to see if the QB we just drafted in the 3rd round has "it". Unless they see him at practice and are seeing a complete bust who cant throw a football already.
        You're not going to see "it" in four games against teams that are just trying to prevent injuries against a 2-10 team.

If you have a top 2 draft pick when your stable consists of a quarterback with "one foot out the door", Geno Smith, and a late-third rounder that hasn't dressed (let alone played), then...you're an idiot if you don't take a franchise QB.

Comment

You're not going to see "it" in four games against teams that are just trying to prevent injuries against a 2-10 team.

If you have a top 2 draft pick when your stable consists of a quarterback with "one foot out the door", Geno Smith, and a late-third rounder that hasn't dressed (let alone played), then...you're an idiot if you don't take a franchise QB.
          You can see something though. A lot more than practice.

What if he steps on the field and looks real good. Maybe not "it" but real good. Then you can maybe see him as the QB going forward and draft the OLmen we desperately need.

Whatever though. Im just super glad that Reese isnt making the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post

eli is calculated, have to give him more credit, very cunning, he orchestrated it well to get back to starting a full game and to come out looking good. and i have no doubt we will win a few just so we cant get a top 5 pick.
            Why is Eli so out to get us? I think he should develop an evil laugh so that we can inject some thunder-clapping audio in with it.

Comment

Why is Eli so out to get us? I think he should develop an evil laugh so that we can inject some thunder-clapping audio in with it.
              he isnt out to get us, he is looking out for himself, which to a degree i get it cause in sports you can get cut and left out to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

You can see something though. A lot more than practice.

What if he steps on the field and looks real good. Maybe not "it" but real good. Then you can maybe see him as the QB going forward and draft the OLmen we desperately need.

Whatever though. Im just super glad that Reese isnt making the choice.
                And, what happens if he "looks real good" for four weeks while DCs are evaluating him more than really trying to stop him? So, we all say, "Great! We have our QB of the future!" Then next season after DCs have had some time to review film, identify the weaknesses that led him to drop in the draft in the first place, and figure out gameplans that exploit those weaknesses, he doesn't "look real good" anymore and leads us to an illustrious 5-11. Well, he's our "QB of the future", so we've got to give him another season. So, he leads us to 6-10 the next year. At this point, we decide that we need to go another direction, but...now - instead of a top 2 pick - we have a top 12 pick. And the two or three elite college QBs per draft that are likely to ever develop into a starting NFL QB are gone. Meanwhile, Sam Darnold is having a Carson Wentz-type season in his second year.

I won't bother to rattle off the list of QBs to whom this scenario has applied in just the recent past, but I WILL leave you with a picture...

sjm-49ers-1024-037.jpg
                Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 12-05-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Just announce that hes starting already. Everyone knows he will be starting this Sunday.

Comment

he isnt out to get us, he is looking out for himself, which to a degree i get it cause in sports you can get cut and left out to dry.
                    ...except that just about everything Eli has done since coming to the Giants 13 years ago has seemed to suggest that he focuses on the team's interests AT LEAST as much as he does on his own.

But I think he should still work on that evil laugh.

Comment

...except that just about everything Eli has done since coming to the Giants 13 years ago has seemed to suggest that he focuses on the team's interests AT LEAST as much as he does on his own.

But I think he should still work on that evil laugh.
                      he has got Mara by the coolies.

Comment

Coolies? What are you a 70 year old woman?

Comment

First they need to actually increase Webb's practice reps if they want him to play. 2nd if the Giants are down 30pts going into the 4th. I'm sure nobody will have a problem with Webb coming in to close out the game.

That's a big difference then knowingly splitting haves.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Coolies? What are you a 70 year old woman?
                            hey when you have as many infractions as i do , one has to tread carefully .

Comment

So, does Tom Brady have Robert Kraft by "the coolies"?

Comment

And, what happens if he "looks real good" for four weeks while DCs are evaluating him more than really trying to stop him? So, we all say, "Great! We have our QB of the future!" Then next season after DCs have had some time to review film, identify the weaknesses that led him to drop in the draft in the first place, and figure out gameplans that exploit those weaknesses, he doesn't "look real good" anymore and leads us to an illustrious 5-11. Well, he's our "QB of the future", so we've got to give him another season. So, he leads us to 6-10 the next year. At this point, we decide that we need to go another direction, but...now - instead of a top 2 pick - we have a top 12 pick. And the two or three elite college QBs per draft that are likely to ever develop into a starting NFL QB are gone. Meanwhile, Sam Darnold is having a Carson Wentz-type season in his second year.

I won't bother to rattle off the list of QBs to whom this scenario has applied in just the recent past, but I WILL leave you with a picture...
                                sjm-49ers-1024-037.jpg
                                Could happen to Webb. But also could happen to any QB we go forward with.

The reason Kap fell flat on his face was because he lost his HC. Harbaugh made Kap a dynamic QB who made it to the SB, almost twice if not for Eli's best game of his career. As soon as he left, it was over.

Comment

Working...
                                X