Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning tells Steve Spagnuolo he wants to be the Giants' starting quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

    Could happen to Webb. But also could happen to any QB we go forward with.
    What are Darnold's glaring weaknesses that DCs are going to identify and exploit? Not saying that he definitely doesn't have any...just saying that the scouts haven't found them yet, as he is projected to go within the first few picks.

    The reason Kap fell flat on his face was because he lost his HC. Harbaugh made Kap a dynamic QB who made it to the SB, almost twice if not for Eli's best game of his career. As soon as he left, it was over.
    Well, then...I sure hope - for Aaron Rodgers' sake - that Mike McCarthy doesn't go anywhere!

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

      I hope Spags gives Webb some reps
      Me too.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

        And, what happens if he "looks real good" for four weeks while DCs are evaluating him more than really trying to stop him? So, we all say, "Great! We have our QB of the future!" Then next season after DCs have had some time to review film, identify the weaknesses that led him to drop in the draft in the first place, and figure out gameplans that exploit those weaknesses, he doesn't "look real good" anymore and leads us to an illustrious 5-11. Well, he's our "QB of the future", so we've got to give him another season. So, he leads us to 6-10 the next year. At this point, we decide that we need to go another direction, but...now - instead of a top 2 pick - we have a top 12 pick. And the two or three elite college QBs per draft that are likely to ever develop into a starting NFL QB are gone. Meanwhile, Sam Darnold is having a Carson Wentz-type season in his second year.

        I won't bother to rattle off the list of QBs to whom this scenario has applied in just the recent past, but I WILL leave you with a picture...

        sjm-49ers-1024-037.jpg
        Exactly, which is why regardless of what Webb shows good or bad for these last 4 games. He is going to have to win out the starting job in camp and preseason next season. Which is why it doesn't make a difference allowing Eli to finish out this season giving him his swan song. Then working with Eli to move him to a situation where he can compete for one last chip. While we rebuild the many needs of this team with the pick and cap space moving him would provide.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          If Webb doesn't play these last 4 games at all we might as well cut him. Very disappointing this team does not care about it's future.
          Webb should be made #2 now and therefore be active every game.
          Engage brain before speaking.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by MDH View Post

            Exactly, which is why regardless of what Webb shows good or bad for these last 4 games. He is going to have to win out the starting job in camp and preseason next season. Which is why it doesn't make a difference allowing Eli to finish out this season giving him his swan song. Then working with Eli to move him to a situation where he can compete for one last chip. While we rebuild the many needs of this team with the pick and cap space moving him would provide.
            Webb will not be given the chance to compete for the starting job next year, that's become painfully obvious. It's Eli or the first round pick, no one else is going to get a chance.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

              What are Darnold's glaring weaknesses that DCs are going to identify and exploit? Not saying that he definitely doesn't have any...just saying that the scouts haven't found them yet, as he is projected to go within the first few picks.
              Uhhh, besides the fact he isnt reading defenses well? He has a very good OL and a very good RB, yet leads college football in turnovers. This was after they watched film on him from 2016 when he looked like the next Luck. He has many holes right now.

              Well, then...I sure hope - for Aaron Rodgers' sake - that Mike McCarthy doesn't go anywhere!
              Where did that come from? What does that even mean? I was saying Kap was only good because of Harbaugh. Rodgers is good because he is a future HOF QB.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by speedman View Post

                Webb should be made #2 now and therefore be active every game.
                Ill take that. I hope he plays a bunch too. I dont know why fans arent eager to see him out there.

                nice comeback from your Steelers last night.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                  Ill take that. I hope he plays a bunch too. I dont know why fans arent eager to see him out there.

                  nice comeback from your Steelers last night.
                  I didnít watch the game but read there were a lot of bad hits in the game.
                  Engage brain before speaking.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Harooni View Post

                    he wont play, eli made it clear he will not start if not for the full game. we wont see him in these meaningless games at all. to be fair he may not be grasping things well, we may not have seen him at all anyway.
                    Very good point Harooni, you may have hit the nail on the head.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

                      Very good point Harooni, you may have hit the nail on the head.
                      we will win 2-3 games and be out of a top 5 pick , then in 2019 fans will be shocked we have no one to replace eli.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Harooni View Post

                        eli is calculated, have to give him more credit, very cunning, he orchestrated it well to get back to starting a full game and to come out looking good. and i have no doubt we will win a few just so we cant get a top 5 pick.
                        I think youíre on to something.

                        http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...s/n13491?snl=1

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post

                          Webb will not be given the chance to compete for the starting job next year, that's become painfully obvious. It's Eli or the first round pick, no one else is going to get a chance.
                          I don't think Eli is here next season. If that is the case then Webb would have a chance to compete with the draft pick. The new coach isn't going to care which one of them turn out to be good as long as one of them are good.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            If Webb doesn't play these last 4 games at all we might as well cut him. Very disappointing this team does not care about it's future.
                            Eli is still the future for two more years.

                            I NEED to see him in a real offense. SOMETHING tells me he will be electric with obj once more like 15.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

                              then both Sullivan and spagnuolo are yes men
                              Ben had rare courage

                              I hope Eli takes Sullivan and Spags with him to JAX
                              After the bell finally tolls
                              1. Why would Jacksonville want Spags ? They have Todd Wash as the DC and the Jaguars are the leagues NO.1 defense. 2. Eli isnít going to want to go anywhere. You see how he cried his way back as the starter. He knows he can be crap and they will keep trotting him out there.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

                                You can believe anything until you actually have to play him. Would we not be better off seeing him on the field, even in limited action?
                                Mid he is at all ready to be in an NFL game they will work him in. Why wouldnít they?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X