Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listening to First Things First this Morning on Eli Manning...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to First Things First this Morning on Eli Manning...

Nick Wright made the argument that Eli has been playing "terrible" and therefore deserved to be bench. Which I think is a disingenuous argument given several contributing factors. My counter argument to that is: What was the expectation of the Giants QB position play once Odell, Brandon Marshall and Sterling Shepard went out with injuries? (obviously SS came back) Additionally, given the state of the shaky OL protection, how many starting NFL QBs would be successful in this system? Also, how many starting NFL QBs would be good in this system? (Mcadoo's offense)
    sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Beck should never want Eli to throw him anymore passes.
    Last edited by Diamondring; 12-06-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kez Simpson View Post
      Nick Wright made the argument that Eli has been playing "terrible" and therefore deserved to be bench. Which I think is a disingenuous argument given several contributing factors. My counter argument to that is: What was the expectation of the Giants QB position play once Odell, Brandon Marshall and Sterling Shepard went out with injuries? (obviously SS came back) Additionally, given the state of the shaky OL protection, how many starting NFL QBs would be successful in this system? Also, how many starting NFL QBs would be good in this system? (Mcadoo's offense)
      For the last going on 4 seasons, Eli Manning has been no better than the middle of the pack when it comes to the Total QBR stat. He is also near the bottom in YPA. If everything around you has to click on order to be effective, then you're on your last legs. I respectfully disagree with your take.
      If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Nick Wright? lol

Comment

Nick Wright is an idiot who sounds like he should be on his high school debate team.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
            Nick Wright is an idiot who sounds like he should be on his high school debate team.
            Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

For the last going on 4 seasons, Eli Manning has been no better than the middle of the pack when it comes to the Total QBR stat. He is also near the bottom in YPA. If everything around you has to click on order to be effective, then you're on your last legs. I respectfully disagree with your take.
              4 seasons? Two years ago he had 35Tds throwing to Odell and the likes of Randell, Donnell, tye. It's only been since last year because the defenses have figured out mcdoo's system and the oline has been garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                4 seasons? Two years ago he had 35Tds throwing to Odell and the likes of Randell, Donnell, tye. It's only been since last year because the defenses have figured out mcdoo's system and the oline has been garbage.
                I think the first two years that Eli had good numbers in the new system is because Coach Coughlin still had control of the game plan for the Offense and when Coach Coughlin left, that clown BFatMac had full control and thats where the issue is.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                  I am talking about total QBR. That stat actually considers when and how the plays were made by the QB. He ranked 14th in 2014, 16th in 2015, 27th in 2016, and 25th right now. The stat is extremely useful and does not let stat padders like the 2015 and 2016 versions of Blake Bortles off the hook. In case you were wondering, Eli's best year in terms of total QBR was in 2009, where even he couldn't carry this team because of its horrible Sheridan lead defense.
                  Last edited by SG88; 12-06-2017, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Watch Eli's numbers skyrocket next year if he stays. He's not done. Still had the arm and throwing ability so I'm not sure where people are seeing the decline.

Comment

Does anyone watch any games but Giants games? Eagles vs Seahawks. R Wilson is running around making plays. Wentz is also mobile enough to get out of the pocket and throw downfield for big plays. Eli can't do that. Plus he's not accurate. I am not an Eli hater, but you people have to open your eyes. You're stuck in this bubble of him from 5-10 years ago. He's not the worst but he's not the best. Of course, it's not all his fault but when you score 3 points vs the Redskins he's not exactly lifting his team to victory either.

Comment

Half the people posting here have no clue.

We all know Eli isnt the best, he is a good QB though and I believe behind a better o-line and a decent running game he could win another SB.

Most of his misfortunes have a lot of other factors involved.

Look past the trees, theres a forrest out tthere.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Comment

Originally posted by loadedaxe View Post
                          Half the people posting here have no clue.

We all know Eli isnt the best, he is a good QB though and I believe behind a better o-line and a decent running game he could win another SB.

Most of his misfortunes have a lot of other factors involved.

Look past the trees, theres a forrest out tthere.
                          Wrong. Half the people posting here simply have an opinion that is just different than yours.

Comment

People will still be making excuses for Eli 30 years from now. At his best he was a slightly above average QB and now he's more than slightly below average. It's time to move on. No point in delaying the inevitable. Eli started in his rookie season and we should do the same thing for our top 5 QB next season.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Wrong. Half the people posting here simply have an opinion that is just different than yours.
                              I disagree.

Comment

Working...
                              X