Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION: What do we do about Justin Pugh ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTION: What do we do about Justin Pugh ?????

What do we do.....we are clearly on a rebuild mode....like it or not.....it seems we are there. My understanding is that it was a contract year for Pugh.....correct me if I am wrong. I am to also understand that Pugh...WANT TO GET PAID.......in a big way. So what do we do now??? Contract wise? I do like him as a piece of the puzzle on the O-Line. But at what price???

Re-sign him to a modest deal. He's a valuable piece that can play anywhere on the line. Plus it's one less hole to fill.

He's played 5 seasons and has yet to play a full season, he isn't worth top 5 money he supposedly will be looking for.

Comment

He has only played in all 16 games once in his career, his rookie year. That's a little scary. I don't see anyway they can keep him with so much money tied up on the defense.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Am I WRONG ??? Didn't he say he wanted TOP dollar at his position ?? If true....what the hell does that mean??

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
          What do we do.....we are clearly on a rebuild mode....like it or not.....it seems we are there. My understanding is that it was a contract year for Pugh.....correct me if I am wrong. I am to also understand that Pugh...WANT TO GET PAID.......in a big way. So what do we do now??? Contract wise? I do like him as a piece of the puzzle on the O-Line. But at what price???
          In a league where’s there is arguably not even 15 great OTs in the league why wouldn’t you pay the man that can play 4 OL positions and play them really well?

Pay the man what he wants. Remember, JR is not that one that converted him to OG, he was an above average RT. That’s rare in this day and age

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

In a league where’s there is arguably not even 15 great OTs in the league why wouldn’t you pay the man that can play 4 OL positions and play them really well?

Pay the man what he wants. Remember, JR is not that one that converted him to OG, he was an above average RT. That’s rare in this day and age
            I am not familiar with the current Giants budget...how much would you be willing to pay him? How would that effect the budget?

Comment

I would resign him but problem is Olinemen have gotten stupid money in FA in recent years.

I won't be angered either way. A complete rebuild wouldn't be the worse thing in the world but he's good enough to resign if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post

I am not familiar with the current Giants budget...how much would you be willing to pay him? How would that effect the budget?
                He’ll get his market value and if the Giants want him, they can structure his contract to not really impact the cap much in the next few years. Particularily, if the Giants sign him as an OG. Putting him at OT and letting him play well against Von Miller raised his value a ton... remember there will be virtually 0 decent OTs on the market. If he hits FA he’s going to make a killing

everyone here like to think only the Giants are missing OTs, news flash, most of the league is.

but yeah man, we can fit him under the cap if we want, considering Eli’s days are numbered and that DRC will be gone, that’s $27 million a year right there

Comment

It is all price dependent. If we can get him for "ordinary NFL OG" money, sign him. If not let him walk.
                  He also talks too much. When all is said and done, more is said than done. He needs to learn that. We need more men of action on this team.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

That he was an above average RT is a false claim.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

That he was an above average RT is a false claim.
                      based on what? Do explain.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        It is all price dependent. If we can get him for "ordinary NFL OG" money, sign him. If not let him walk.
                        He also talks too much. When all is said and done, more is said than done. He needs to learn that. We need more men of action on this team.
                        Besides, how much fun is it to complain about a bad OL hey? you do need something to talk about, after all.

Comment

Rather have him than Richburg...I'm hoping we can possibly save some money in free agency if we are in win now mode
                          Long Live the King

Comment

Over time we need an entire new line. I’d take Pugh at modest G $s because of his versatility but for me, there isn’t a must keep player on the roster

Comment

It' amazing to me that with our OL this year peeps are actually debating whether to pay Pugh a fair contract?

I get even decent OL are overpaid these days, but that's the market. Did you watch the offense this year? Did you see he can play 4 different positions on the OL at least competently? Where are you getting anyone to replace him and/or how many years is that going to take?

I cant even believe giants fans are debating this. Jeeze...

Comment

Working...
                              X