Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION: What do we do about Justin Pugh ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=CGYgiant;n302479
    based on what? Do explain.[/QUOTE]
    Heís better than most offensive linemen on this team but obviously thatís not saying much. To be above average you have to be above average in run blocking and pass blocking and heís ok in pass blocking but doesnít get movement in run blocking often is pushed into the backfield. I donít think it would be wise to spend that kind of money on him especially with him missing quite a few games over the past 2 seasons. The upper echelon guards in this league make around 10-12 million the Giants would be crazy to pay him that. Remember how good Snee was as a young player can you say that Pugh was just as good? I donít think so.

Comment

He is better than most of the linemen but i'm concerned about a lineman with back issues which have kept him out of a number of games this year. In my experience as a sports med doctor, 300 pounders with back issues never get better. I think he is worth a modest contrat because it can be expected he will not play 16 games a year.

Comment

Pugh over Richburg but if he wants top dollar...seeya. Injury prone

Comment

He is worth keeping but I would scrutinize his health. I presume the market rate would have to be paid. Lots of teams will be calling him

Comment

Has Pugh played a full 16 game slate in any of his seasons yet? The current back injury really concerns me. I'd be hesitant to pay him as a top Guard, but we really do have a huge pit on the OL, and I'm not sure we can afford to not sign him. Richburg on the other hand, I would let walk.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
              Over time we need an entire new line. Iíd take Pugh at modest G $s because of his versatility but for me, there isnít a must keep player on the roster
              hmmmmmmm?

Comment

We need him. Hopefully they can sign him to a fair deal for both parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
                  I would resign him but problem is Olinemen have gotten stupid money in FA in recent years.

I won't be angered either way. A complete rebuild wouldn't be the worse thing in the world but he's good enough to resign if need be.
                  This is exactly where I am. Pugh is a very good player but he is going to command a big deal. If we can get him on say a Ron Leary type deal, do it. But a Zeitler type deal might be too much given the injury history.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                    Over time we need an entire new line. Iíd take Pugh at modest G $s because of his versatility but for me, there isnít a must keep player on the roster
                    PennState that's the point they act as if Pugh is some great Offensive lineman. If you want to make top dollar I believe you have to be a complete OL not just good at one thing and below average in the other.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

PennState that's the point they act as if Pugh is some great Offensive lineman. If you want to make top dollar I believe you have to be a complete OL not just good at one thing and below average in the other.
                      Truth

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

The only thing Pugh does not do well is drive block. That is it. He is a good run blocker when you dont share the interior with Richburg and John Jerry.

Comment

let him walk in free agency and rebuild the oline. Only keep Brett Jones, who has proven that he can be really good.
                          ​​​​​pugh is alright, but he is going to command a lot of money.
                          If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

TRADE HIM NEVER LIVED UP TO THE HYPE

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post
                              TRADE HIM NEVER LIVED UP TO THE HYPE
                              You can't trade an Unrestricted Free Agent.
                              If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Just like Fluker, Pugh hasn't shown recently that he can stay on the field. That hurts his value tremendously.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X