Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUESTION: What do we do about Justin Pugh ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

In the preseason, I always wondered why our backups always did better than our starters. It's because they were on equal footing (backups vs backups) whereas our starters, specially our oline, are really backup quality and they go against starters.
    This is an astute observation.....

Comment

keep him at G and get a big RT
      Last edited by Harooni; 12-06-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

He is an above average G, and an average T. He will get overpaid somewhere because of his versatility. Last I heard he was looking for $10-12m a year. I hope we dont go there with him.
        I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

He kind of the odd man out right now. Fluker, Jones and Jerry can get the job done inside, and Pugh is an OK tackle. We need better than OK tackles. We actually need to find two good tackles. Pugh understandably wants his payday; but, I don't think he finds it with the Giants.

Comment

Offer 6m and if he doesn't like it he can go elsewhere. Dude misses half the ****ing season every year.

Get to steppin' is what i would say!

Minnesota turned their oline around THAT WAS WORSE THAN OURS in one season. One season.

No reason we should not be capable of the same.

Let him and Richburgh go.

Comment

If he's looking for top 5 money as rumored, then we let him walk. In my opinion, Pugh's best attribute is his versatility. This is a big plus for any team, obviously, but besides that he's average. He's not great in pass protection, and he doesn't move bodies in the running game. He simply doesn't stand out in any way at any position he's played. I just don't see how we can justify paying him top dollar.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Purge and draft a strong silent type.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                  Has Pugh played a full 16 game slate in any of his seasons yet? The current back injury really concerns me. I'd be hesitant to pay him as a top Guard, but we really do have a huge pit on the OL, and I'm not sure we can afford to not sign him. Richburg on the other hand, I would let walk.
                  +1

This is particularly concerning when you consider Pugh was said to have a weak core coming out of college. While he tends to be able to eventually anchor, there are times when Pugh looks like he's going to break in half when bull rushed. I can't imagine the stress it puts on his back.

This may very well be a one-off injury for Pugh, but the fact this was a known "flaw/issue" of his coming out of college, and the fact he's already having an issue(s) while still on his first contract, has to at least cause a bit of concern.

Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                    Franchise him for a year. It will give us an extra year to get another OL we can count on him. Get a Guard or Right Tackle with the 2nd pick as I doubt there would be a LT in the first picks of the 2nd rd that could start.

That would give us Jones, Fluker, and Pugh as starters going in with the left side the aim to replace. But at this time there is no LT in FA breaking loose except for some guy named Soldier I believe. But at least Pugh's flexibility gives us a chance to get a stronger starter in there in 2018. Just a thought.
                    Don't hate it.

Rd 1
                    Garrett Bolles - OT
                    David Njoku - TE
                    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Pay him SNY spokesperson money..........
                      Those are his best skills and it will save us $6m or $8m in cap space.

Comment

Question: what do you pay an often injured 1st round pick who never moves the pile enough to convert 3rd and short?

Pay him that much.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          Question: what do you pay an often injured 1st round pick who never moves the pile enough to convert 3rd and short?

Pay him that much.
                          +1

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

Pay him that much.
                            Not sure Justin Pugh will accept a couple of bubble gum wrappers and seashells as a signing bonus...

Comment

Franchise tag him/1 year deal and trade him somewhere. Just a thought. We should be after some picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X