David Diehl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

And remind me what GM signed Eli to his latest contract? What a joke you are.

And stop with the nonsense of giving Reese credit for 2 SB's. Just adds to your ignorance resume.
    Why wouldn't I give him credit. He put every single player on our roster to give us the ability to win those games.

You do know thats the role of the GM right.

RE: Eli contract extension --> I did say he has made bad moves. Full disclosure, only simple minds like yours think in absolutes

You need to do better than this Moosedrool. Pull up some PFF stats to show me that im wrong about Eli. I know you're itching for it.

Oh wait, they think he sucks too. Shame.
    Last edited by CGYgiant; 12-06-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Why wouldn't I give him credit. He put every single player on our roster to give us the ability to win those games.

You do know thats the role of the GM right.

RE: Eli contract extension --> I did say he has made bad moves. Full disclosure, only simple minds like yours think in absolutes

You need to do better than this Moosedrool. Pull up some PFF stats to show me that im wrong about Eli. I know you're itching for it.

Oh wait, they think he sucks too. Shame.
      Only simple minds like yours don't realize every QB every week makes high throws.

Only simple minds like yours don't realize the huge amount of mistakes Reese made building this roster.

Only simple minds like yours don't realize the lack of player eval by Reese at OL and LB..

Only simple minds like yours keep defending Reese after he finally got fired.

Keep defending Reese. It is good comedy.

Comment

Reese had a great 2007 draft. Beyond that, OBJ and Collins are the only other players that come to mind. JPP was a good pick, but a bad re-sign at that money after the incident.

In my honest opinion, Reese had two fatal flaws in his draft approach. First, he consistently took the "best" player on the board, regardless of position or roster need in terms of priority. Second, he had an affinity for DE's, an aversion for LB's, and unfortunately for him, had undervalued the importance of offensive linemen, which became more apparent over time and ultimately led to his demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post
          Reese had a great 2007 draft. Beyond that, OBJ and Collins are the only other players that come to mind. JPP was a good pick, but a bad re-sign at that money after the incident.

In my honest opinion, Reese had two fatal flaws in his draft approach. First, he consistently took the "best" player on the board, regardless of position or roster need in terms of priority. Second, he had an affinity for DE's, an aversion for LB's, and unfortunately for him, had undervalued the importance of offensive linemen, which became more apparent over time and ultimately led to his demise.
          And his best player on the board was not even close to the real best player on the board most of the time.

Comment

And his best player on the board was not even close to the real best player on the board most of the time.
            I agree, hence my comment with "best" in quotes.

Comment

Only simple minds like yours don't realize every QB every week makes high throws.

Only simple minds like yours don't realize the huge amount of mistakes Reese made building this roster.

Only simple minds like yours don't realize the lack of player eval by Reese at OL and LB..

Only simple minds like yours keep defending Reese after he finally got fired.

Keep defending Reese. It is good comedy.
              Iím not even defending JR. You havenít offered a single retort to anything I said. I realize the mistakes heís made. Are you slow?

Off ball LBs are not important, if you understood anything about positional value youíd know that.

Listen, Eli sucks. Just come to grips with it. Heís not good, he canít make throws in a clean pocket, canít make throws when pressured, horrible accuracy when rolling.

hes not good anymore. The Cowboys have a great OL and LB core. Why arenít they winning using your simple logic?

the browns have won 1 game in 2 years with their formidable offensive line! Wow!

youíre salty that I think Eli sucks. Just a sensitive guy. Poor you

Comment

Diehl was every bit as bad as Flowers though, if not worst.
                Really? You are going with Deihl was as bad as Flowers? When did you start watching football?

Keep blathering on, I got you on ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Really? You are going with Deihl was as bad as Flowers? When did you start watching football?

Keep blathering on, I got you on ignore.
                  Clearly never watched DD on film. You know nothing.

Put me on ignore. Please and thanks.

Comment

JR has made tons of mistakes. Tons. I recognize that. He's also done things well which simple minded folks like you fail to realize

You're just upset because I think Eli sucks at the moment. Like he's really bad, even when the pocket is clean. My point will be proven when he takes his WR killing ball placement to another team in 2018, hopefully he takes his fanatics who claim he does no wrong with him. The crappy thing is we wont see OBJ have to make spectacular catches when his next QB can hopefully hit him in stride for a change
                    To be fair... when 90% of the time you have no time your internal clock is ruined... not to mention when he 'has time' its usually a cover all. Which means bracketing or doubling a receiver and going one over on the first or 2nd look. When you are googling the names of your receivers mid game on the sideline tablet you probably aren't winning with a #4 receiver at best against a 1-2 CB. Just reality.

Comment

And Jerrys approach has won 2 SB's.

Dallas has a great OL

Browns OL = ELITE

Panthers LB core? incredible

How many SB's between them?

I hope Eli plays behind a good OL next year. Praying for it. It wont change his crap accuracy
                      Jerry's Approach?? The 2007 Roster was built by Accorsi. He stepped down in 07'... it was his last season. Reese got some young bodies on the field to supplement the vets and a couple guys made some nice impacts.

My problem with Jerry and i said this in another post. He drafts guys that look good\great as rookies but have no development ceiling OR drafts guys that he calls 'height weight speed' guys. I don't remember a single specimen player he has taken that has worked out.

How many players that had productive years 1-2-3 with us left to another team and sucked?
                      Just WR alone... Nicks, Manningham, Smith to name a few...
                      LBs? I can't recall the last time even a project linebacker looked ok.
                      OL? Who is the last good OL we drafted? Pugh-asaurus, who has his own shortcomings in his game but it still probably our best OL.

The only 2 offensive 'STUDS' we drafted recently are OBJ and Engram... WHO BOTH HAVE TIES TO ELI PRE-GIANTS. The Giants gave both of those guys extra looks on his recommendation. And time will tell on Engram, who knows... next season he might be misused... they'll make him bulk up to be an inline tight end and he will lose his speed and fluidity...

Collins also looks good but a first round player sliding to the second in a need position for us was a no brainer move.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBandit View Post

Jerry's Approach?? The 2007 Roster was built by Accorsi. He stepped down in 07'... it was his last season. Reese got some young bodies on the field to supplement the vets and a couple guys made some nice impacts.

My problem with Jerry and i said this in another post. He drafts guys that look good\great as rookies but have no development ceiling OR drafts guys that he calls 'height weight speed' guys. I don't remember a single specimen player he has taken that has worked out.

How many players that had productive years 1-2-3 with us left to another team and sucked?
                        Just WR alone... Nicks, Manningham, Smith to name a few...
                        LBs? I can't recall the last time even a project linebacker looked ok.
                        OL? Who is the last good OL we drafted? Pugh-asaurus, who has his own shortcomings in his game but it still probably our best OL.

The only 2 offensive 'STUDS' we drafted recently are OBJ and Engram... WHO BOTH HAVE TIES TO ELI PRE-GIANTS. The Giants gave both of those guys extra looks on his recommendation. And time will tell on Engram, who knows... next season he might be misused... they'll make him bulk up to be an inline tight end and he will lose his speed and fluidity...

Collins also looks good but a first round player sliding to the second in a need position for us was a no brainer move.
                        The reason why the 2007 team won had a LOT to do with the rookie draft.

EA's drafts? you remember what they looked like before Jerry came and began essentially running them? The Ron Daynes and Williams Josephs and the complete lack of mid round hits? Do you think EA recommended JR as his replacement over everyone, including Chris Mara because, well, he's an excellent talent elevator?

I love when people forget this. Im trying to figure out if you really dont know or if you have selective memory.

Nicks and Smith fell to injury, as most players do. You think JR was supposed to predict that pre draft? thats not how it works. Both were clean prospects and excellent picks. Manningham was never really good, considering he was the last pick in the third round its still decent value.

The Giants drafting OBJ and Engram had NOTHING to do with Eli's ties. If you feel that Eli has a material impact on who we draft you are absolutely delusional and im not sure you know how any of this works.

Collins is arguably the best safety in the game, it wasn't a "no brainer move" at that point in time. Lots of folks thought he slid to the second because he couldn't cover, you should be thankful we moved up and took him at the top of the second.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsmobile View Post
                          David said something to the effect [sorry I don't remember exact words ] , Not counting last 3-4 years , players drafted by Reese . Only 2 players are with GIANTS - JPP & Deossie . And 90% of players drafted by Reese are NOT in NFL anymore . Tell me why wasn't this clown canned years years ago ?
                          Diehl been really servicable to us because we have no other backup CB or S. he is a great buck up though

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post
                            Diehl been really servicable to us because we have no other backup CB or S. he is a great buck up though
                            WHAT?

Comment

And Jerrys approach has won 2 SB's.

Dallas has a great OL

Browns OL = ELITE

Panthers LB core? incredible

How many SB's between them?

I hope Eli plays behind a good OL next year. Praying for it. It wont change his crap accuracy
                              Dallas hasnít won a super bowl because of their QB.
                              Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X