Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several Giants executives believe Eli Manning is 'done'

Several Giants executives believe Eli Manning is 'done'

Not even 24 hours after the Giants’ 24-17 loss to the Oakland Raiders, McAdoo found himself without a job.

With defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo serving as interim head coach for the Giants, Jordan Raanan of ESPN reports that Manning is expected to return to his role as the starting quarterback.

Yet, according to Raanan, there are still people in East Rutherford that believe Manning is at the end of his career.

Greg Gabriel@greggabe
    Also told that some people in Giants personnel department had been lobbying for Manning’s departure a year ago. Thought best years were way behind him

Jordan Raanan@JordanRaanan
    More than a few people in that building think Eli is done or close to done. #Giants https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/937732189822779393 …

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...-manning-done/

I guess not the ones that count

Comment

That he should leave when he wants mentality has destroyed this team. Mara is to blame more than anyone. He is sinking this team like 49ers.
      Emperor Tom

Comment

Those people have been fired or will be out the door soon.

The responses on Twitter have already said what needed to be said. Same personnel department that thought flowers is a LT or thought Withworth was too old.
        Last edited by DarkSaint; 12-06-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Of course Eli is near the end of his career.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
          Fan since 1970.
          ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
          "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Who are these sources?
            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

they will be fired.

Comment

Personally, I am fine if the organization wants to move on from Eli in the near future. For a couple years, I have been asking for the team to consider this possibility come draft time. Unfortunately, the team hasn't done much. A couple years ago I noted that Eli was then, the same age that Kurt Warner was when we drafted Eli in order to move on from him.

My problem all along was not the decision to move on from Eli, but how the team was going about it. Love Eli or hate him, the guy is a class act and has given this team enough to warrant a respectful end to his time here. what we did the last couple weeks under mcDODO, was not that.
                sigpic

Comment

Well it's hard to argue that Eli is not his former self. But how much of that is because he was in a system that didn't fit him? But news flash the oline help is not getting any better. The giants are gonna need an Aaron Rodgers, big Ben, Carson wentz type qb that can avoid the rush and make throws outside the pocket.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    they will be fired.
                    Lol....Dont **** with teflon easy E.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Lol....Dont **** with teflon easy E.
                      got to hand it too him, he made his moves like he was playing chess.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me. I remember Josina Anderson on ESPN had reported something about the organization being divided about Eli a month or two ago. And one of the people who thinks Eli is done, or just about done, is probably John Mara since he signed off on benching Eli in favor of getting a look at Geno and Webb. Mara didn't exactly make a strong commitment to Eli going forward at his press conference after BM and JR got fired.
                        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                          Those people have been fired or will be out the door soon.

The responses on Twitter have already said what needed to be said. Same personnel department that thought flowers is a LT or thought Withworth was too old.
                          No, it said AFTER McAdoo and Reese were shown the door, there are still some that believe this. Does it really surprise you? I think a lot of fans see it too, but just have the sentimental thing to hold on to. The thing is, as of now they still have no replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                            This doesn't surprise me. I remember Josina Anderson on ESPN had reported something about the organization being divided about Eli a month or two ago. And one of the people who thinks Eli is done, or just about done, is probably John Mara since he signed off on benching Eli in favor of getting a look at Geno and Webb. Mara didn't exactly make a strong commitment to Eli going forward at his press conference after BM and JR got fired.
                            The only reason everything happened was because of the public outlash. Thats it. Eli would be gone is not for that. He is running a business. Keep the customers happy.

Comment

Who are they please tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X