Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Several Giants executives believe Eli Manning is 'done'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

    What makes you think it's someone from their college personnel department opposed to pro personnel?
    if Reese and Mcdoo weren't the ones they wouldn't have benched Eli. This is basic stuff.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

      Play the kid in meaningful situations.
      I wanted to play Nassib a few years back when we were 3-9. Didnt happen. What did happen is Eli played and we wound up winning 3 of the last 4 and moving our pick from a 3 to a 9 and then promptly drafted Ereck Flowers.

      This year, we have the #2 pick, 4 games left. If we win 3 of 4, we will be picking around 10.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

        No, it said AFTER McAdoo and Reese were shown the door, there are still some that believe this. Does it really surprise you? I think a lot of fans see it too, but just have the sentimental thing to hold on to. The thing is, as of now they still have no replacement.
        He is 37 so he is nearing the end of his career but I think he has a couple more to go. With that said I wouldn't mind if we draft a qb and go in a different direction.

        Comment


        • #49
          well if they are the same guys setting the draft board and scouting the the players we draft I wouldn't put much stock in it,they wouldn't know a good football player.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

            Play the kid in meaningful situations.
            And the difference being that the kid may, or may not be, our future.
            That we are attempting something positive for the team and the teams future.

            Those statements fair enough?

            I will grant you there are what I would guess is a fairly small group that would oppose this, but that guys like me and you, who saw no benefit to the Geno change, would accept this as a smart football move - assuming of course, that he is ready to play.
            eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

            i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

              What does that mean? Eli is not going to be the new QB. He is going to be replaced. He has done well here career wise and financially. Every player has to leave at some point.
              Yeah I understand that, but you don't believe if we build up a solid OL and a new offensive system that he's our best bet next year and would be successful? I mean unless we'd start a rookie QB, Webb or look elsewhere for a cheap guy to emulate that Warner Manning situation in 04'. I guess I wouldn't pay Eli 20mil next year and I'm sure he'll be gone and won't want to make that pay cut. I guess I'm just sad he won't have one last magical run lol

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

                He is 37 so he is nearing the end of his career but I think he has a couple more to go. With that said I wouldn't mind if we draft a qb and go in a different direction.
                Agree it's time to find the guy and if webb isn't it let him play behind webb and Eli for a year,webb can probably us more time anyway he has never been under center his whole career till now,that said with the giants line as it is and was they are very limited and one of those things is they are in the gun most of the time anyway.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post

                  Yeah I understand that, but you don't believe if we build up a solid OL and a new offensive system that he's our best bet next year and would be successful? I mean unless we'd start a rookie QB, Webb or look elsewhere for a cheap guy to emulate that Warner Manning situation in 04'. I guess I wouldn't pay Eli 20mil next year and I'm sure he'll be gone and won't want to make that pay cut. I guess I'm just sad he won't have one last magical run lol
                  eli will most likely be the qb next year unless he wants to go , (i doubt it) having a great year i dont know, olines take a few years to rebuild by then he will retire.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                    You said Eli was a bad teammate because he didn't want to be benched so the team could just look at the second stringers, as other QB's had done.

                    I am still waiting for the list of QB's who did this.
                    I think you asked it in 3 or 4 different threads now. Crickets.

                    You really need to stop making sense. It kind of embarrassing in this forum ;-P

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                      And the difference being that the kid may, or may not be, our future.
                      That we are attempting something positive for the team and the teams future.

                      Those statements fair enough?

                      I will grant you there are what I would guess is a fairly small group that would oppose this, but that guys like me and you, who saw no benefit to the Geno change, would accept this as a smart football move - assuming of course, that he is ready to play.
                      +1

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                        And the difference being that the kid may, or may not be, our future.
                        That we are attempting something positive for the team and the teams future.

                        Those statements fair enough?

                        I will grant you there are what I would guess is a fairly small group that would oppose this, but that guys like me and you, who saw no benefit to the Geno change, would accept this as a smart football move - assuming of course, that he is ready to play.
                        I would like to see him get some real snaps the question,is he ready he came from a gimmick pitch and throw offense never was under center till now if ready why not,but I don't care if he plays and lights it up they still should take a QB.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Several Giants executives believe Eli Manning is 'done'

                          Not even 24 hours after the Giants’ 24-17 loss to the Oakland Raiders, McAdoo found himself without a job.

                          With defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo serving as interim head coach for the Giants, Jordan Raanan of ESPN reports that Manning is expected to return to his role as the starting quarterback.

                          Yet, according to Raanan, there are still people in East Rutherford that believe Manning is at the end of his career.

                          Greg Gabriel@greggabe
                          Also told that some people in Giants personnel department had been lobbying for Manning’s departure a year ago. Thought best years were way behind him

                          Jordan Raanan@JordanRaanan
                          More than a few people in that building think Eli is done or close to done. #Giants https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/937732189822779393 …


                          http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...-manning-done/
                          So - we're supposed to listen to these supposed executives who brought us the likes of Eric FLowers?

                          Please. Stop with the Eli bashing.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by NCGiantsFan1 View Post

                            So - we're supposed to listen to these supposed executives who brought us the likes of Eric FLowers?

                            Please. Stop with the Eli bashing.
                            Sorry you feel the author is bashing Eli. The executives who brought in Flowers, by the way, are already gone, in Reese. So no, it wasnt the same ones.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                              What makes you think it's someone from their college personnel department opposed to pro personnel?
                              The same people telling us that the talent is there on the OL are telling us that Eli is done.
                              I am not sure why we are giving their anonymous comments any attention other than that it underscores their incompetence.

                              These are likely the same people who thought that we had found the formula to develop tight ends and coach Pope was done.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Eli's birth certificate says clearly that he is nearing the end and that we must decide quickly what to do about that. There is no brilliance in that, just some moron stating the obvious.

                                I would also say with great passion that the people evaluating talent for this team over the past 6 years should have no say in crafting that path forward for us.

                                We need to reach higher with the people evaluating college and pro talent. Where is the broom?
                                No one remembers who came in second.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X