Several Giants executives believe Eli Manning is 'done'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Doesn't matter. Spags doen't want to get lynched like McAdoo did. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want that to be his final act as a Giants coach.
    I think it might be tougher for Spags in another way. My bet is he knows little about how ready Webb might be. He has to totally rely on what Sully tells him.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

OK...let's see if the Babe Ruth of crazy can answer this question!

what exactly is the smart business/football decision to bench a NY icon for Geno Smith, a QB who we all know is not the future of the Giants and may or may not give you only a marginally greater chance to win a meaningless game?
      That's too easy
      give me a hard one

Answer- Ben wanted you to see in living color that a mobile QB would negate a lot of the perceived deficiencies of an oline much maligned which was asked to keep a QB "Statue" upright. A near impossible task for any oline

his next move would have been to see what Webb an equally mobile QB but a rookie could do once the oline realized they could go about their business in non-panic mode

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        Eli's birth certificate says clearly that he is nearing the end and that we must decide quickly what to do about that. There is no brilliance in that, just some moron stating the obvious.

I would also say with great passion that the people evaluating talent for this team over the past 6 years should have no say in crafting that path forward for us.

We need to reach higher with the people evaluating college and pro talent. Where is the broom?
        hopefully the new GM has a big one,Marc Ross to me has to take some of the blame,when you look back things started going wrong when he came in JR got hired he and EA were doing a good job Ross took JRs old post and it went south he is the one who sets the draft board correct,just as JR did for EA.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post
          He's not done, he just needs the right situation.
          Like an all pro O-line, a pro bowl RB, a pro bowl WR, all pro defense....He's stinks and has for a few years time to stop making excuses. I am grateful for the 2 rings but at this point he's going to hurt the team in the years to come with.....1. His salary 2. His ability

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

That's too easy
            give me a hard one

Answer- Ben wanted you to see in living color that a mobile QB would negate a lot of the perceived deficiencies of an oline much maligned which was asked to keep a QB "Statue" upright. A near impossible task for any oline

his next move would have been to see what Webb an equally mobile QB but a rookie could do once the oline realized they could go about their business in non-panic mode
            So not to win the game, but to prove a point to the fans, the media, analysts and commentators?

Ben believes this line is good enough, and that he problem can be fixed by putting in Geno Smith?

EDIT....Holy cats, I forgot to point out - none of what you said is either a football nor a business decision!!!
            Last edited by Delicreep; 12-06-2017, 10:53 AM.
            eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

I'd love to wonder where we'd be if we made these wholesale changes two years ago....but we can't look back. I really hope we make the moves to finally be the dominant team we should be like the Steelers have been. Making the playoffs year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

That's too easy
                give me a hard one

running QB or not you are playing with half an offense no run game Geno was no different the Eli he had to throw short only one pass more then 15 yards 2 fumbles it's not fair to judge ant QB behind this line,a running QB is great with a competent OL and run game,they wouldn't have to be great just average,having a running QB is a great thing to have but more important is having a solid OL that will fix more then a mobile QB can by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
                  well if they are the same guys setting the draft board and scouting the the players we draft I wouldn't put much stock in it,they wouldn't know a good football player.
                  That's why we can't have anyone associated with the Reese ERA i.e. Chris Mara, Marc Ross, Kevin Abrams or Dave Gettlemen making decisions on personal in the draft. I would really be pissed if they keep anyone from this years staff time to clean house.

Comment

running QB or not you are playing with half an offense no run game Geno was no different the Eli he had to throw short only one pass more then 15 yards 2 fumbles it's not fair to judge ant QB behind this line,a running QB is great with a competent OL and run game,they wouldn't have to be great just average,having a running QB is a great thing to have but more important is having a solid OL that will fix more then a mobile QB can by himself.
                    I would not say Darkwa and Galman are no run game

they are developing into one of the best tandems in the league

even in the Jacobs days we did not have a RB like Darkwa who unfailingly punches it in from the 1 or 2 yd line

Comment

Eli's birth certificate says clearly that he is nearing the end and that we must decide quickly what to do about that. There is no brilliance in that, just some moron stating the obvious.

I would also say with great passion that the people evaluating talent for this team over the past 6 years should have no say in crafting that path forward for us.

We need to reach higher with the people evaluating college and pro talent. Where is the broom?
                      Well said jomo I agree...

Comment

He moved the ball, got 1st downs, scored.......all of the things Eli can no longer do
                        also it was his 1st game in 3 years

if Pugh not wheeler were not the RT those 2 killer strip sacks from behind would not have happened

Geno would have won the game and history re-written. Those sacks changed Giants history as much as the pisarcik
                        fumble
                        Last edited by BlueClue; 12-06-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

The same people telling us that the talent is there on the OL are telling us that Eli is done.
                          I am not sure why we are giving their anonymous comments any attention other than that it underscores their incompetence.

These are likely the same people who thought that we had found the formula to develop tight ends and coach Pope was done.

My point to DS is he has no idea who is talking. For all we know the leaks could have come from outside the organization.

I can think of two people with a motive to put that info out there.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                            He's got 4 games now to show whether he's done or not. If the benching didn't light a fire under his *** nothing will. If we close out the season scoring the same old 3-10 points a game on offense that we had been then I'm going to agree with those execs. He needs to show a lot in these games if he expects to be brought back next year.
                            They will make more excuses for Eli.....He doesn't have an O-line. He doesn't have WR's....He is not playing well because of everything that happened last week ...you know there will always be something explain when he's been trash 4 of the past 5 seasons.

Comment

Are you saying you want Chris Mara gone?

Comment

I'm not surprised. Of course I don't like the anonymous labels that these people have. I do think that he is just about done. Even if he is, so what. He had a good run.
                                If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Working...
                                X