Several Giants executives believe Eli Manning is 'done'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am so sick of people talking about QB on the Giants. THis has been an OLINE ISSUE for 5 years!!! The Giants scouting department and GM dropped the ball when Manning needed them most and they failed horribly. Yes Eli is near the end but the fact that his Oline has been very weak has made maters worse.
    When will they address the oline? Will they ever draft a LB that is worthy of the old LB's from Giants history? This keeps looking like the same old nonsense.
    Getting rid of Reese and Mac is a start but unless this scouting department gets there act together we may still have poor personnel decisions. They screwed Eli by not giving a non mobile QB a half way decent line. Brady is a great QB but I would have loved to see how he would have navigated this crappy oline with these back up WR's and offensive scheme. I really believe it would have been very difficult for him and any QB in the NFL. I will miss Eli but his time has come but the Giants did no make great decisions. Mara said he thought we had a competitive team coming in to this year. Really? with that Oline??
    Even the owner can't see the forest from the tree's! I hope the people they hire can.
    Very well said sir.
    And that´s where CEO and owners did wrong to Eli. Keeping and incompetent GM all this years, seeing Eli´s last good years as a Pro going to the sh+**'żer because the GM didn´t give him enough to have a contender. Shi´+'ży OL, no running backs ( except for David Wilson ) no TE in this span.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Well, yes and no. He could cut ties with him this offseason, but he better make sure 100% that the team is a winning team with a good QB going forward. Winning cures everything. It really does. People would move on from Eli if we have an "Aaron Rodgers" behind him.
      Absolutely! If that were the case and as sad as it is to see a great career end, throw him a huge party and start the next great career guy! That’s not the situation we are in yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

They HAVE to make the Oline better for the sake of whomever is behind center for the Giants, for them to have any chance of success.
        ​​​​​​Being mobile doesn't overcome bad protection for long.
        Aaron Rodgers is living proof of the devastating effect a bad OLINE can have on even the most mobile of QBs!
        O lines are kind of important to a QB' s success.
        As for Eli being "done", Roethlisberger isn't playing well, and he HAS a good Oline, a running game and stud receivers. Is anyone in Pittsburgh saying that Big Ben is "done"?
        Plus 1000%

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Rodgers had a good oline this year. Ive seen some games this year where he had an eternity to throw the ball. You can still have a good oline while the qb still gets injured.
          He started the year with a great oline on paper but they had significant injuries on the oline right out of the gate but you are right, the injury probably had nothing to do with the oline.

One thing to note though, everyone wants a mobile QB now but they do get injured at an alarming rate (Romo, Rodgers now, Winston, Cam, Watson, RG3, Taylor, Mariota, Luck and soon Wentz if he is not more careful) because they take too many chances out in the open. On the flip side, how often are Brady, Manning, Ryan, Rivers, Breese, Cousins missing games?

Being a world-class mobile QB who is always hurt and not playing is worse than being an average QB who is reliable and playing every week and every year.
          Last edited by PennState1; 12-06-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

WHITE?! Come on man. Nothing to do with race. I agree with the last name stuff though. Probably the reason Eli gets away with a lot of stuff, but he did win 2 rings too so that has a lot of pull as well. Stay off the CNNs and FOXNews race pushing crap.
            I agree with Analyst here. Race has nothing to do with this. His last name does though.
            If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I never understood that move at all. It made no sense to me. But now our interim HC, who is lame duck personified, will never show the courage to do anything but play Eli into the ground.
              He would be lynched if he didn't.
              I don't think so. I think Mara still wants to see Webb on the field this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

He started the year with a great oline on paper but they had significant injuries on the oline right out of the gate.
                Before he got hurt that oline was still decent even with the significant injuries. Rodgers has had an eternity to throw the ball inside the pocket compared to Eli.

Comment

• Mcnabb was always jealous of Manning. One guy vomits with the SB on the line and the other leads his team to 2 GW drives.

McNabb is going to the HOF though. To watch Eli's HOF induction speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

If we're down 13-3 mid way through the third quarter I want to see Webb in the game. Do you think Spags will have the guts to do that after last week?

First...Let's see if he even dresses him.
                    Yes, and as an Eli fan (but also a realist) I would totally support that given the situation we are in.

Comment

• Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                      He's got 4 games now to show whether he's done or not. If the benching didn't light a fire under his *** nothing will. If we close out the season scoring the same old 3-10 points a game on offense that we had been then I'm going to agree with those execs. He needs to show a lot in these games if he expects to be brought back next year.
                      For the last time, you can’t evaluate ANY QB in our system with this Oline and that includes Geno (two strip sacks), Eli and Webb.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

I don't think so. I think Mara still wants to see Webb on the field this season.
                        We will see Webb several times in garbage time. There is nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Whitworth has transformed that O-line and is going to be a pro-bowler again this year....Thanks "personal people" for saying he couldn't play. Front office still believes in Flowers being a good left tackle. Mayock said he thought Flowers would be best as a right guard same thing he said about Justin Pugh that he is a guard at the pro level.
                          Whitworth transformed the entire Rams team! They wen from pathetic to having Gurley, Goff, their WR corps looking like SB contenders! Hell, even Watkins is looking like he might come back into form.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            Mcnabb was always jealous of Manning. One guy vomits with the SB on the line and the other leads his team to 2 GW drives.

McNabb is going to the HOF though. To watch Eli's HOF induction speech.
                            Why would u say hes jealous?? McNabb has always given Eli props and criticize him in the past and even called him a hof qb.

Comment

What this article, if accurate, brings to light is that there was division in the organization the past couple of years. Some wanted to move on from Eli a "couple" of years ago thinking he had nothing left. The past 2 years, you cant really disagree unless you want to talk about his supporting cast which definitely plays a factor. Yes he is 37, but if he thinks he can play until 40s like Brady, is Mara not going to do anything about it? Are we just going to ride with him until he says he is done? Is Mara going to be extremely cautious now after this latest backlash? That couple mean even more trouble.
                              yeah ?

looks like more made up **** to me

where are the names of these "executives" ?

complete bull****

if there is one thing that I am certain about from being in that facility quite regularly is that Eli is loved in that building ... do they know that the end is near ?... of course ... anyone with a pulse knows this including Eli

but to say "executives" ... which is hilarious by itself.... wanted Eli gone a couple seasons ago is just more made up nonsense ... but believe what you wish of course

and yes ... Eli is not out there alone ... in case you haven't noticed

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

I haven't watched big Ben play much this year but he's on pace for 30 td and over 4000 passing yards. And he is on a 10-2 team...

my point is that colleges aren't producing great olinemen anymore. So you have to find a way around it.
                                That’s a false narrative. Yes, I agree there have not been as many great olinemen these past few years but they do exist. I don’t know how many threads it’s going to take before this sinks in but the Vikings, Saints and Rams are just three examples of teams that went from having pathetic lines last year with no running games to transforming their lines in one off season and now have terrific run games and are playoff bound. They all did it through a combination of draft and free agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X