X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

I would not say Darkwa and Galman are no run game

they are developing into one of the best tandems in the league

even in the Jacobs days we did not have a RB like Darkwa who unfailingly punches it in from the 1 or 2 yd line
    One of the best tandems in the league??? What are you smoking? What do you base that on? Behind this Oline Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders would suck

Comment

• Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
      Of course Eli is near the end of his career.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
      No ****ing **** thank you for pointing out what the OP should have known. This is NOT news. Of course he's at the end of his career, he's freaking almost 37.
      Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

No ****ing **** thank you for pointing out what the OP should have known. This is NOT news. Of course he's at the end of his career, he's freaking almost 37.
        Right. At best, Eli can play for a couple of years. Even if we were tearing up the league and Eli were playing great we would still need to find his replacement! Itís time. Regardless, you still have to replace the oline to establish a consistent run game and for any QB to succeed here.

By the way, you take a guy like Eli who only has a couple of years left and put him in a good situation, he can take you to a SB. Kurt Warner proved that after we dumped him for Eli even though Eli wasnít really ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

One of the best tandems in the league??? What are you smoking? What do you base that on? Behind this Oline Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders would suck
          He also thought Demotre Moore was going to be a pro bowler this year. Its delusional.

Comment

Thatís a false narrative. Yes, I agree there have not been as many great olinemen these past few years but they do exist. I donít know how many threads itís going to take before this sinks in but the Vikings, Saints and Rams are just three examples of teams that went from having pathetic lines last year with no running games to transforming their lines in one off season and now have terrific run games and are playoff bound. They all did it through a combination of draft and free agency.
            The rams and saints both have 1st round talent rb though. Big difference. The giants have kept on using the same bandaid options at the rb position.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

The rams and saints both have 1st round talent rb though. Big difference. The giants have kept on using the same bandaid options at the rb position.
              Thatís a GREAT POINT! How did BOTH of those 1st round RBs look behind last yearís versions of their respective lines??? Thatís exactly my point! Gurley, as terrific as he is , can look terrible behind a bad line. It got fixed in one offseason and Gurley is back on track toward a pro bowl performance. Exactly the same is true for Engram

Comment

Thatís a GREAT POINT! How did BOTH of those 1st round RBs look behind last yearís versions of their respective lines??? Thatís exactly my point! Gurley, as terrific as he is , can look terrible behind a bad line. It got fixed in one offseason and Gurley is back on track toward a pro bowl performance. Exactly the same is true for Engram
                I think there was a lot of other stuff going on with the rams last year that just the oline. But my point is if you don't have a good running back your never gonna have a great running attack. Let's put Paul Perkins on the rams and see how he does, or darwka,.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Hold on a minute....when you have no QB the D will put 8 and 9 guys in the box to stop your run game.
                  The biggest change in LA this year is the QB. The kid came into his own this year. Whitworth helps but it's not like he's some all world LT. That running game in Cincy last year was horrible. And Whitworth is an old *** tackle.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                    Of course Eli is near the end of his career.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Greg Gabriel knows a guy who knows a guy who has a calendar apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Hold on a minute....when you have no QB the D will put 8 and 9 guys in the box to stop your run game.
                      The biggest change in LA this year is the QB. The kid came into his own this year. Whitworth helps but it's not like he's some all world LT. That running game in Cincy last year was horrible. And Whitworth is an old *** tackle.
                      Whitworth ABSOLUTELY is one of the best LTs in the league. The Rams themselves have credited him with a large part of their success this year. The QB has absolutely improved from year one to year two but not having to run for your life and being able to go through your WR progressions is a HUGE part of his success.

Comment

Whitworth ABSOLUTELY is one of the best LTs in the league. The Rams themselves have credited him with a large part of their success this year. The QB has absolutely improved from year one to year two but not having to run for your life and being able to go through your WR progressions is a HUGE part of his success.
                        As I said...he's helped. But having a dynamic passing game is the biggest change in the Rams offense. That comes from the QB and the addition of several good WR's. The O line is definitely a piece of that puzzle. the biggest piece is the QB.

All anyone did last year was stack the box against the Rams running game...including us. Who did they fear other than Gurley?
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

As I said...he's helped. But having a dynamic passing game is the biggest change in the Rams offense. That comes from the QB and the addition of several good WR's. The O line is definitely a piece of that puzzle. the biggest piece is the QB.

All anyone did last year was stack the box against the Rams running game...including us. Who did they fear other than Gurley?
                          I disagree and would say that there is absolutely no way that QB goes from last yearís version (looking like a total draft bust) to this yearís version without Whitworth and the other changes they made on their line.

Who are those ďgood WRsĒ they added? A washed up Watkins the Bills dumped? A rookie slot WR? I think Woods was a nice journeyman find but letís see how his body of work develops over a couple of seasons before we call him a good NFL WR, OK??

Comment

He moved the ball, got 1st downs, scored.......all of the things Eli can no longer do
                            also it was his 1st game in 3 years

if Pugh not wheeler were not the RT those 2 killer strip sacks from behind would not have happened

Geno would have won the game and history re-written. Those sacks changed Giants history as much as the pisarcik
                            fumble
                            Sorry different opinion you can think what you want the line is much more important no matter who is back there,pugh wasn't exactly killing it,Geno made a fool of himself after the game with his remarks and again on twitter please he can only play with half the field,good day.

Comment

I would not say Darkwa and Galman are no run game

they are developing into one of the best tandems in the league

even in the Jacobs days we did not have a RB like Darkwa who unfailingly punches it in from the 1 or 2 yd line
                              please they had a few good game the last couple have been back to the same old stuff,when Geno finds a new team go root for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

That's why we can't have anyone associated with the Reese ERA i.e. Chris Mara, Marc Ross, Kevin Abrams or Dave Gettlemen making decisions on personal in the draft. I would really be pissed if they keep anyone from this years staff time to clean house.
                                Agree with this 100% I think JR was let down by Marc Ross and Chris Mara they did not give him the same kind of support he gave to EA,people here say JR played a big role in EAs drafts so I would have believe Ross played a big role in JRs drafts supposedly he set the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X