Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Steve Spagnuolo has already made 1 change that will be popular with players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Steve Spagnuolo has already made 1 change that will be popular with players

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Steve Spagnuolo has yet to meet with his players since taking over as the Giants' interim head coach on Monday. But Spagnuolo, who will hold his first team meeting on Wednesday morning, has already made a change that should be well-received in the locker room: The Giants will have a conventional practice schedule this week.

Under Ben McAdoo, who was fired as head coach on Monday, the Giants had a "recovery day" on Fridays and then a practice on Saturdays at 80 percent intensity. Spagnuolo's schedule calls for a standard practice on Friday with a walk-through on Saturday, which is the customary approach around the league.

Safety Landon Collins had already heard about the change even though he hasn't spoken to Spagnuolo since the defensive coordinator's promotion.

"(Running back) Shane (Vereen) was just letting me know about it. That's the biggest thing I've learned," Collins told NJ Advance Mediawhile visiting the Verizon Holiday House. "I've talked to Spags about it and he personally likes that schedule better."" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

And now you will see the defense play much better without McAdoo. Although losing Jenkins still hurts. He was our best DB. I hope the Anti-Spags people see this.

Comment

80% intensity the day before a game?! My god, McAdope was a bigger idiot then I could ever have imagined. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
        80% intensity the day before a game?! My god, McAdope was a bigger idiot then I could ever have imagined. Unreal.
        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          And now you will see the defense play much better without McAdoo. Although losing Jenkins still hurts. He was our best DB. I hope the Anti-Spags people see this.
          Getting the Ankle fixed now in a lost Season was the right thing to do. Come back ready to go next year. Playing him in the final 4 meaningless games would of just risked further issues
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I wonder if Apple will be active for this game. Perhaps with Spags as coach, his doghouse got torn down?

Comment

I believe that I read this was something Coughlin started? Any intensity level can be set, but how do you measure that or insure a 20% guy isn't up against a 98% guy? Wouldn't it be great if they found the answer to the persistent injury question, here?

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Getting the Ankle fixed now in a lost Season was the right thing to do. Come back ready to go next year. Playing him in the final 4 meaningless games would of just risked further issues
                I agree. Anyone that needs surgery and are in the 2018 plans needs to do it now.

Comment

Make no mistake about it, you can say these next 4 games wont show much about the future of Webb if he plays, but it is HUGE for Spags if he wants to continue to get a chance to be a HC somewhere if not here. He is going to go all out this next month as much as he can. If the team responds around him, it can do wonders for his future opportunities.

Comment

You can take this to the bank. MacAdoo was a cancer. They will come out swinging and play for Steve. MacAdoo was a total disaster as a human in Blue.
                    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                      I wonder if Apple will be active for this game. Perhaps with Spags as coach, his doghouse got torn down?
                      My guess is Apple is in Spags doghouse too. I'm sure he has been coached what not to do, and was still doing it. I certainly don't miss him at all.

Comment

I agree 100%

Comment

When you are 2-10 it's REALLY important not to anger the players in any way.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

That is worse than TC when Tiki was here....

What a dumb arse
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Mac's Intensity Meter...

Fan since 1970.
                              ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                              "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Working...
                              X