Davis Webb Moved Up To No. 2 Quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Webb Moved Up To No. 2 Quarterback

According to Tom Rock (Newsday), Eli Manning starting vs. Dallas is the headline, but making Davis Webb the QB2 will be the more important move towards the future. I'm hearing the Giants are still a week away from that eventuality. Expect more reps for the rook this week, though.

Link: https://twitter.com/TomRock_Newsday/...40520311902208

Sounds like a good move
    but perhaps too little too late
    apparently Eli is now deciding who plays QB or he refuses to go on the field
    i would love to tell my boss I'm accepting his money but I'll decide when I work
    sounds like a weird arrangement no?

Comment

I would have told Eli "You're still our starting QB, but just so you know I may put in one of the other guys if the game is out of hand."

It was just *** backwards the way it was done IMO.

Comment

Good to see
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Good to see
          I agree. I am anxious to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
            Sounds like a good move
            i would love to tell my boss I'm accepting his money but I'll decide when I work
            Maybe you should grow a pair of balls and try it.
            Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

How does this make a difference though?

Isnt Eli starting and finishing every game left now after the whole debacle?

Comment

I'd like to see him play. I'm curious to see if we have something to work with going forward or is he a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  How does this make a difference though?

Isnt Eli starting and finishing every game left now after the whole debacle?
                  I think it means that we are still going to see Webb on the field this season. I don't think Eli necessarily will finish each game. And who knows - hopefully Webb starts at least one of the games.
                  Last edited by scoostraw; 12-06-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a good move
                    You're a funny guy. Keep up the good work.

Comment

McCadoo had chances to give Webb some playing time when games were out of reach. He took too long to work up the nerve to bench Eli and when he did it was for the wrong reasons and at the wrong time. The worst thing that can happen is that Eli comes back and starts winning games, then we won’t probably see Webb in action unless Giants are winning big, which I doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG#80 View Post
                        The worst thing that can happen is that Eli comes back and starts winning games
                        As much as I love Eli, I really do not expect this to happen. His play has been putrid for quite a while now IMO.

Comment

This needed to happen

Comment

Sounds like a good move
                            Your hatred runnith over

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

I think it means that we are still going to see Webb on the field this season. I don't think Eli necessarily will finish each game. And know knows - hopefully Webb starts at least one of the games.
                              I’ve been saying all along, as soon as they feel he is ready to take NFL snaps they will give him some reps and evaluate

Comment

Working...
                              X