Davis Webb Moved Up To No. 2 Quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

I don't think we know that but I would hope they would give Webb a chance to play. We know what we have in Eli, we are looking for his replacement. I don't know who that is or is going to be, but we have a young guy w drafted and this is a good time to see what he has, if anything
    Ro, this is the second early round QB Reese drafted as a project. How did Nassib work out? I have to wonder what improvements we could have made on the oline with those two early round picks? Ask the Saints (Ingram and Kamara) how they like their two young olinemen.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

Iíll remind you of your comments here when Webb gets his snaps and looks like the project he is behind this Oline and scrub WRs we are running out there.
      Dream on. Do me a favor
      put me on your ignore list
      Merry Christmas
      my gift to you
      Last edited by BlueClue; 12-06-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Ro, this is the second early round QB Reese drafted as a project. How did Nassib work out?
        you think a 4th round pick is "early" come on now.

Comment

The tweet says the exact opposite of the OPs headline for this thread. It says "I'm hearing the Giants are still a week away from that eventuality (Webb being the #2)."

Reading comprehension is way down in the world these days...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
            Sounds like a good move
            but perhaps too little too late
            apparently Eli is now deciding who plays QB or he refuses to go on the field
            i would love to tell my boss I'm accepting his money but I'll decide when I work
            sounds like a weird arrangement no?
            You are an incredibly annoying human being with your Eli hate. Like a two year old who can't let it go.
            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

you think a 4th round pick is "early" come on now.
              Early enough to find a serviceable Guard. Didnít we give a pick away to get Nassib or am I confusing that draft with the last one when we reached for Webb?

Comment

Ro, this is the second early round QB Reese drafted as a project. How did Nassib work out? I have to wonder what improvements we could have made on the oline with those two early round picks? Ask the Saints (Ingram and Kamara) how they like their two young olinemen.
                Nassib never got a start did he? Practice week with 1st team?
                How did ELIs 1st season work out?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post

Nassib never got a start did he? Practice week with 1st team?
                  How did ELIs 1st season work out?
                  How is Nassib catching on with his new team?

Comment

Touche'!! Not too hard to outsmart Blue Clue however so don't feel too accomplished PS1
                    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

When Nassib was drafted, JR said that he hopes he never sees the field. He was a low cost back up for several years.
                      How did he work out?.....Just fine.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

When Nassib was drafted, JR said that he hopes he never sees the field. He was a low cost back up for several years.
                        So we hired a useless backup?? And you're surprised JR is gone?

Comment

About as well as ELIs 1st year as starter replacing a HOF QB who had a winning record that year when Eli. Took over

Ya got me on that one

Last edited by BlueClue; 12-06-2017, 01:38 PM.

Comment

His pick could have been used on a guard

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

So we hired a useless backup?? And you're surprised JR is gone?
                              We will never know what Ryan Nassib would have been. Most 4th rounders become back ups at best.
                              Did you expect him to be a starter in this league?
                              It's good to draft QB's. Some of the best GM's think you should draft a QB almost every year. Later round QB's are a huge crap shoot.

Do you know how many QB's the Pats have drafted since Tom Brady became the starter?........8.
                              Most never really saw the field. should HE be fired as well?

At least we got a low cost back up to help with our cap situation. Who knows, maybe that space helped us sign one of our better free agents.
                              Last edited by Morehead State; 12-06-2017, 01:52 PM.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

So, why can't posters here understand that that is EXACTLY what Webb is? Nassib was drafted in the 4th round...Webb the late-3rd. Neither was drafted to become the next franchise QB.

"What we have" in Webb is - potentially - a serviceable backup QB.
                                Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 12-06-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X