Davis Webb Moved Up To No. 2 Quarterback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's useless to argue logic with some of these guys
    they just want to insult you and get their beer and chips ready to watch Eli again this sunday

this is going to be hillarious

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

So, why can't posters here understand that that is EXACTLY what Webb is? Nassib was drafted in the 4th round...Webb the late-3rd. Neither was drafted to become the next franchise QB.

"What we have" in Webb is - potentially - a serviceable backup QB.
      And you know this....how?
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
        Sounds like a good move
        but perhaps too little too late
        apparently Eli is now deciding who plays QB or he refuses to go on the field
        i would love to tell my boss I'm accepting his money but I'll decide when I work
        sounds like a weird arrangement no?
        Your understanding of reality and the world around you is subpar, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
          It's useless to argue logic with some of these guys
          they just want to insult you and get their beer and chips ready to watch Eli again this sunday

this is going to be hillarious
          And some like you just want to argue that Eli Manning is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL, and that anybody who doesn't see that "fact" is a dope.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Most 4th rounders become back ups at best.
            Did you expect him to be a starter in this league?

Comment

May be I am just reading the Giants wrong here but The Giants plan to cut Geno after The Dallas Game?

Comment

And some like you just want to argue that Eli Manning is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL, and that anybody who doesn't see that "fact" is a dope.
                Hardly
                Eli had some good seasons

and great Super Bowls. Other than being a bit of a ball hog he's a great guy

do I think he is HOF? Close but no cigar.....he does not have the stats or game for that elite crowd

lets face it, he is not and never was "athletic". He has a keen football mind and can make the throws .....well not the short ones
                he has long periods of ineffectiveness, especially lately

when he got on a roll two different years he was aces

but he is in the autum of his career, the games now are pointless unless you use them to evaluate people like Webb
                I think even Mara thought that until the mob and press shouted him down

if John Gruden wants to come here and really believes he. Can revive ELIs career that says something
                but let's face it Jon is somewhat of a joker and wise guy. At times
                Last edited by BlueClue; 12-06-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                  May be I am just reading the Giants wrong here but The Giants plan to cut Geno after The Dallas Game?
                  I think Spags has a brain and puts Webb #2 and deactivates Geno. Geno gone after this year. He's been a turnover machine and anyone who thought he was here for the long haul is flat out wrong.
                  Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

I think Spags has a brain and puts Webb #2 and deactivates Geno. Geno gone after this year. He's been a turnover machine and anyone who thought he was here for the long haul is flat out wrong.
                    Having a "turnover machine" is something we've been comfortable with for 14 years.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[QUOTE=Morehead State;n3025313]
                      Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Exactly....All he says is that putting Webb at #2 would be a good idea, but he doubts they are ready for it.

yet folks seem to think he's now the #2 QB here.

If he is, there is nothing in this statement that sheds a single ray of light on it one way or the other.
                      Yeah you're right Morehead. Sheesh... delete this whole thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

I never thought he was here for the long haul but if we traded Eli I thought Geno could have been a place holder till Webb or whoever we draft in the first round was ready. kind of like Kurt Warner in 2004 he was a veteran place holder for Eli that year.

Comment

[QUOTE=scoostraw;n3025500]
                          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Yeah you're right Morehead. Sheesh... delete this whole thread.
                          The original Tweet said the Giants plan to put Webb at #2 after the Dallas game It wasn't just his suggestion.

Comment

[QUOTE=Donnie Yen;n3025506]
                            Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

The original Tweet said the Giants plan to put Webb at #2 after the Dallas game It wasn't just the guy that made the tweet's suggestion.

Comment

Gino is #2 this week, Webb inactive like always.......... thank goodness that baffoon who felt it was a good idea to waste all our draft picks on QBs who never play is gone.

Giants' Geno Smith: Set for top backup role Week 14
                              by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Smith is in line to back up Eli Manning during the Giants' game Sunday against the Cowboys, Tom Rock of Newsday reports.

The Giants will officially reinstate Eli Manning as the team's starting quarterback Wednesday following the veteran's one-game benching, a change that was set in motion shortly after head coach Ben McAdoo was fired Monday. While Smith, who threw for 212 yards and one touchdown but lost two fumbles during his start in the Week 13 loss to the Raiders, is set to become a free agent this offseason and doesn't appear to have a long-term future with the franchise, he'll likely dress Sunday with third-round rookie Davis Webb apparently not ready for the understudy role just yet. Webb is expected to receive more reps than usual in practice this week, however, potentially setting the stage for Smith to fall to third on the depth chart at some point during the Giants' final three games.
                              Last edited by FIREreeseNOW!; 12-06-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

So, why can't posters here understand that that is EXACTLY what Webb is? Nassib was drafted in the 4th round...Webb the late-3rd. Neither was drafted to become the next franchise QB.

"What we have" in Webb is - potentially - a serviceable backup QB.
                                Yup, Webb is getting too much noise on these boards. He was drafted "just in case."

Comment

Working...
                                X